PDA

View Full Version : Fun little contest

Jokersvirus
07-14-2010, 08:49 PM
RULES:
Just from what i saw from the first set of questions I thought I would modify the rules and restate em re quick.
Question will be posted on the first post, since it would be simpler that way, thanks for the idea EPX.

If two or more people ask for help or more information one point will be docked from the points possible.
This is a individual effort so If someone answers a question correctly you cant answer the same one because they did the work to find it, if its a easy question I wont mind. I reserve the right to put a time limit on things to see how fast you guys can research :P

After each set of question a vote can be set up for what you would like to see as the next question. Etc etc

I like what EPX said, I will make a question a day starting tomorrow :P. Since you will have an entire day the question will be harder with several questions to try and make up some points :P

If anyone has some really hard questions, or plain old questions they would like to share, you can, but You are not allowed to answer em :). common sense :P
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Since my questions seem to be easy I will go back to Homeland Security questions. There will be three or four questions to answer, all parts of the question must be answered to get the points. One fully correct answer is worth 10 points.

1) Name all classifications of Terrorism, There are four, and define them, AND name one organization that would fit into each category.
2) There are 8 tactics of Terrorism, name 4 of them.
3)Name the act that prevents Miltiary forces from engaging in domestic Law enforcement affairs and the year it was signed. PLUS name the act that allows miltiary forces to assist in natural disasters.
4) There are two cases that establishes the difference between enemy combantant and POW. Name these cases and what the court ruled in both, and how they apply today.

Good luck!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Winners:
Subb - 2
Ice - 1

Subb
07-14-2010, 09:00 PM
ok then lets give it a go then

Jokersvirus
07-14-2010, 09:02 PM
Wait, wait, I want more then one person to say yes :P

Diligence109
07-14-2010, 09:13 PM
This sounds like a great idea, I'd be all for it :) Post us some questions!

Dess
07-14-2010, 09:14 PM
I'm game =)

EpsilonX
07-14-2010, 09:14 PM
hurry up and post a question before i give you negative rep, i'm impatient :)

Subb
07-14-2010, 09:31 PM
woo game time. he might be a bit playing ogame

Jokersvirus
07-14-2010, 09:35 PM
I will vary questions so they arent crazy hard and everything.

So since this will be a very hard ones this will be a 3 part question worth 5 points each for a total of 15.

1) It commonly believed that the 9/11 attack came about from a terrorist attack that was not committed, what was the name of this plan?

2) Who was the creator of this plan?

3) Name the high ranking terrorist who got ahold of this plan?

Yes its homeland stuff, they wont always be homeland.

if two people ask for help or more information I will dock one point everytime.

If two people ask for help only one point will be removed, if they ask for help again one more will be removed.

EpsilonX
07-14-2010, 09:38 PM
1. bomb the us
2. canada
3. bush

Jokersvirus
07-14-2010, 09:38 PM
1. bomb the us
2. canada
3. bush

Lawls, i will give you a cookie for that.

/cookie

Subb
07-14-2010, 09:53 PM
well number 2. Khalid Sheikh Mohammed
3. bin laden

Jokersvirus
07-14-2010, 09:54 PM
Sorry Mr. Subb that is incorrect :(

EDIT:

Number 3 is misleading so I will rephase it

3) Name the terrorist who got ahold of this plan?

Subb
07-14-2010, 10:10 PM
well 3 would be from Khalid Sheikh Mohammed
2. al qaeda

Jokersvirus
07-14-2010, 10:18 PM
1)Subb got number 3 right for 5 points.

number 2 is incorrect

Iceskater101
07-14-2010, 10:20 PM
1. Operation Bojinka was the plan? and the plan was to assassinate the pope and then in later stages send plans into the CIA headquarters and other targets

2. the creater of this plan was Khalid Sheikh Mohammad and his nephew Ramzi Yousef they were later arrested

3. Al-Qaeda got a hold of this plan and tweaked it just a tad.
They wanted to attack the world trade centers, the pentagon, the white house, the liberty tower, the sears tower and the space needle in seattle and more.

I hope this is right lol

Subb
07-14-2010, 10:21 PM
i know 2 and 3 are wrong

Jokersvirus
07-14-2010, 10:22 PM
Ice got number 1 correct for 5 points:

number 2 and 3 are incorrect.

One more winner lets see if someone can get those 15 points!

Iceskater101
07-14-2010, 10:23 PM
Yay! I feel smart :) :)

Subb
07-14-2010, 10:24 PM
Yay! I feel smart :) :)

ive been reading for a bit now.

Iceskater101
07-14-2010, 10:26 PM
loll well I am doing more reading now too I like this game it makes me research and I like to research

Subb
07-14-2010, 10:28 PM
2 bin laden he over ruled the others

Jokersvirus
07-14-2010, 10:33 PM
Ok im going to end it here with our two winners of Subb with number 3 and ice with number 1

Answer to number 2 was Ramzi Yousef . I will give 2 points to ice because she was correct and i didnt spell out the number of names needed.

Operation Bojinka, which means big boom in indoasian, was a plot set up by Yousef, no mention of KSM of helping was ever taught, the plan called for mark II bombs, created by Youself himself, to be set off on different airliners that were heading to differrent areas. Well the plan went wrong when a chemical fire started, that was stopped on its own. The plan was given to KSM before this time and he wanted the blessing to commit this crime. KSM is Yousef's uncle, KSM took this plan to OBL where it was modifed into the 911 attack plan. When Youself was arrested they found a laptop with this file of bojinka and names of several associates who were to help commit the attack. Youself was returned to the US for 93 world trading center bombing.

Bojinka was to attack american Airliners.

WInners:
Subb - 5 points
Ice- 7 points.

When you are ready for your next set of questions let me know. Next set of questions wont be Homeland related

Iceskater101
07-14-2010, 10:51 PM
I am ready for another question
if Subb is ready for another question..
lol

Subb
07-14-2010, 10:55 PM
yeah i dunno i was about to go play xbox

norid
07-14-2010, 11:01 PM
i want to play!

Iceskater101
07-14-2010, 11:02 PM
I will go up against with norid then lol
new question!!!

EpsilonX
07-14-2010, 11:02 PM
you should have better rules. like a question a day, or something, and edit the first post to have the question that's currently up.

norid
07-14-2010, 11:04 PM
i need some game music (puts on the theme of Darth Vader). okay bring it!

Subb
07-14-2010, 11:33 PM
Equilibrium

* Christian Bale
* Emily Watson
* Sean Bean
* Taye Diggs
* Angus Macfadyen

the drug was prozium

Jokersvirus
07-14-2010, 11:36 PM
Jesus, 5 points to subb

Subb
07-15-2010, 12:51 AM
1. nationalist or ethnic terrorism-motivated by nationalism. Nationalist terrorists seek to form self-determination in some form, which may range from gaining greater autonomy to establishing a completely independent, sovereign state (separatism). (group Balochistan Liberation Army)

religious terrorism- motivations and aims have a predominant religious character or influence. (can be any religious party)

rightwing extremist terrorism - right wing extremist groups--which generally adhere to an anti-government or racist ideology--continued to attract (group The KKK)
leftwing extremist terrorism- posed the predominant domestic terrorist threat in the United States. In the 1980s, (terrorist group Puerto Rican terrorist groups)

3. the posse comitatus act 1878 and Insurrection Act 1807

Jokersvirus
07-15-2010, 01:09 AM
Posse comitatus correct, insurrection act incorrect.

Your missing one on number 1

dont forget to place one organization for the classifications of terrorism

Subb
07-15-2010, 01:30 AM
Posse comitatus correct, insurrection act incorrect.

Your missing one on number 1

part 2 National Defense Authorization Act, under Sect. 1042, allows the use of “the Armed Forces in Major Public Emergencies” and explicitly gives the executive the power to invoke martial law – in other words, kiss Posse Comitatus good-bye.

Jokersvirus
07-15-2010, 01:43 AM
Nope, wrong again mr subb.

getting closer tho

Subb
07-15-2010, 02:00 AM
Nope, wrong again mr subb.

getting closer tho

Defense Authorization Act of 2006

Jokersvirus
07-15-2010, 02:06 AM
Negative sir your getting colder

for question 1 religion is wrong

Hint for number 1: Cuba, Iran, Sudan, and Syria.

number 3: This act allows the governor or president to use active duty troops to respond to an Emergencies when it is felt that the responsibility is on the federal government to act.

minus 2 points
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To make up one point that was lost, name the four levels of intel classifications