PDA

View Full Version : For Which Console?

LiNuX
08-07-2007, 04:10 PM
If you had the chance to make an exclusive game for ONE console out there (Excluding the PC) Which Would you choose?

I'd probably choose the Wii since its popularity is growing more and more and production of PS2 games are slowing down so thats my other choice.

Scott
08-07-2007, 04:40 PM
I'd choose the PS3 because it has the best graphics. And once the big games start to come out it'll be more popular.

LiNuX
08-07-2007, 05:08 PM
well they have to bring down the price a bit to get much more popular because thats the number 1 reason most people hasnt bought the PS3 yet

Scott
08-07-2007, 05:20 PM
well they have to bring down the price a bit to get much more popular because thats the number 1 reason most people hasnt bought the PS3 yet

Oh yeah. I'd like one ( for MGS4, Tekken and Ratchet and Clank) but I don't have ?500 for one. Just about every store here wont let you buy one without it being in a deal.

lonewolfxix
08-07-2007, 08:30 PM
Because they're trying to get them off the shelves :eek1: I'd personally choose the Xbox 360, a variety of price ranges to fit everyone's budgets so more of an audience to get my game out to, expansion capabilities via download (or disc, I guess) which you can charge for (woo bonus) cheaper to produce Xbox 360 games compared to PS3 and you get money for almost everything from it.. better deal, wii would be good apart from the low graphics.. I love high graphics... plus my game wouldn't use a wii mote properly so totally useless and costs loads to implement a proper use to the wii-mote or wii-pad so yeah.. xbox 360 ftw :P

Scott
08-07-2007, 11:20 PM
I suppose the console really depends on the kind of game you are trying to sell.

If it's a kids game you should sell it on the Wii but not if its an action game. Because action games don't seem to be working on the Wii (Red Steel and Far Cry absolutely sucked!) and it's mainly kids who will own one (Because it's a Nintendo system and they can jump about with the controller).

LiNuX
08-08-2007, 12:21 AM
well the wii has been declared fun for both adults and kids since its more interactive than any other consoles, here you HAVE to move ur body, other consoles, let say PS2, for a driving game, u move ur body to turn as a reflex sometimes but that wont do anything to the car lol.

and about the action games on wii, i agree, i guess they could use better kiddy games that gets adults into it too lol

lonewolfxix
08-08-2007, 01:37 AM
It's silly how everyone perceives Nintendo products as being childish, yes most of the games they release seem more for children and families rather than older kids into action but hey, in the future it may change :P atleast they make a lot of money off the kids hehe

XiMMiX
08-18-2007, 03:51 PM
-ps3
-ps2
-xbox 360
-pc

Hurley
08-18-2007, 11:41 PM
I agree with this guy^^^^^^^^^^:D

LiNuX
08-19-2007, 12:05 AM
I agree with this guy^^^^^^^^^^:D

read forum faqs before posting - second infraction given, say more than just that, its meaningless

Gamoc
08-21-2007, 09:37 AM
I'd go with the most popular, which is the Wii or the DS at the moment, because I'd wanna make money if I was making a game, obviously.

I'd prefer the PS3, but it's too expensive both for people to buy and to make games for at the moment, so I wouldn't make as much money.

lonewolfxix
08-21-2007, 10:30 AM
Nintendo Wii is a very popular console but it's hard to take full use of it's features. I've not really had much of a chance to use the Wii but from what I have used it's rather hit and miss on the whole games front. the playstation 3 is expensive, unpopular and not the easiest console to make games for especially on the cost front as well as the new language to learn than making a PC game then porting it to the Xbox360 and that will have a lot higher details.

blakey87
09-13-2007, 08:18 AM
PS3 as, there is so much to look forward to in terms of future features, which really should have been there in the first place! But in knowledge of knowing they will eventually come, thats enough to get me excited:D