PDA

View Full Version : PS3 UT3 To Have Cross Platform Play (finally confirmed)

Scott
08-07-2007, 05:32 PM
According to Mark Rein from Epic Games, the PC and PS3 versions of Unreal Tournament 3 will be cross platform enabled.

In addition to this cross platform question, PSU asked Rein if the PS3 would be the only console to support cross platform play for the UTIII title, the answer was that they "seem to believe so."

Now UT III has cross platform play, including mouse and keyboard support thanks to the beautifully crafted FragFx. PSU can't wait to see the mayhem of PS3 players and PC players duking it out this coming November.

http://www.psu.com/PS3-UTIII-To-Have...s--a894-p0.php

Sweet, this should make sure that there will be plenty of people online to fill up rooms. Not that anyone had doubts about the selling power anyway.

I would hope that doesn't mean that regular mouse and keyboards wouldn't work.

lonewolfxix
08-07-2007, 08:24 PM
PC players will own PS3 players.. I can't wait to play that.. I have to get it.. I might have $600 to spend on my pc soon :D Mouse and keyboard with a console is weird.. especially how I generally play on my consoles to how I play on my PC,
PC: at a desk, arms spread out lazed back in my chair.
Console: hand cramped sitting with my back to the wall on my double bed.. the console has no desk space and it shouldn't.. it would be odd..

LiNuX
08-07-2007, 09:19 PM
wow now thats not fair lol, playing games like UT is much easier on pc than consoles, well for me it is lol, and they problably will pwn the ps3 players lol :D

lonewolfxix
08-08-2007, 01:51 AM
haha, well don't get a PS3 :P play it on PC ^^ It seems I'll be able to spend money on my PC n a few months so UT3 is going to look great on my pc :D