PDA

View Full Version : xbox profile question

Kenoi
07-21-2010, 12:46 PM
uh, so I made a gamertag today, I don't have a 360... yet

so here's the question.

when you delete the offline profile - (when you turn on the console), does that mean the online profile is still there? (like the gamertag) or its gone with the offline profile?
i'm a newb at this 360 deal. thanks in advance.

Jokersvirus
07-21-2010, 12:50 PM
Uhh, if i understand you, if you delete the profile in which the gamertag is linked too is deleted offline is it still there or is it gone.

If that is the case it is not gone you can delete it you will just have to do a recover gamertag which is where they ask you for all your information to prove who you are.

Kenoi
07-21-2010, 12:52 PM
yeah, that's what i meant. cause when I turned on the console, I created an offline profile, but it wasn't the LIVE account.

so I made a live account. -- this didnt' delete when I removed the offline profile right?

Jokersvirus
07-21-2010, 12:53 PM
It shouldnt, you should be fine.

BobTD
07-21-2010, 11:10 PM
uh, so I made a gamertag today, I don't have a 360... yet

so here's the question.

when you delete the offline profile - (when you turn on the console), does that mean the online profile is still there? (like the gamertag) or its gone with the offline profile?
i'm a newb at this 360 deal. thanks in advance.

the stats for a profile should be able to be recovered while online. Achievements and purchased electronic content are still tied to the account so it would make sense. But you can remove it from one system and add it to another, for example if you get a new 360 and still have everything.

However, anything you unlock in game since the last time you went online with that profile may be lost. Information is stored on the hard drive, as well as online and the online profile is updated when you log onto live the best I understand it. Though I haven't ever tried to recover a gamer tag.

Kenoi
07-22-2010, 10:51 PM
well, i tried what joker said, the 'recover gametag' option. although i didn't have anything on it -- such as add on content, downloaded games & stuff like that, the only thing I ever did was make a gamertag & added friends. Anyway, I tried that recover option & it worked, so I still have my LIVE account & friends are still on it. only thing that's left is... for me to get a 360. haha

krizmn
08-10-2010, 05:18 PM
I had the same issue about a year ago :-(