PDA

View Full Version : Annoying stuff in games.

Scott
08-07-2007, 05:40 PM
There are some things that somehow manage to infect several games, as if these poor ideas and bugs were spread during some secret developer orgy that we don't know about.

Anyway, this is the thread for these issues.

My biggest one is this.

Automated animations. Oh God how I hate that. Don't know what I mean? This has been a problem ever since the analog stick. It's the horrible product of lazynes that occurs when developers can't be bothered to make separate animations for different movement speeds. While walking at a normal speed, the animations may look ok, even great. But tilting the stick ever so slightly will present you with the exact same animation, only slowed down to reflect your input with the controller.

This even goes for certain first-person shooters, where the head-bob and gun/hand animations slow down or speed up according to how fast the player is moving.

Phew. More rants to come. I'm looking forward to your peeves.

LiNuX
08-12-2007, 11:30 PM
annoying stuff in games is when it takes more than 5 secs to load lol, all games take at least 5 secs and thats annoying arrr

also i dont like when in online multiplayer games, people start accusing u of hacking when u r just simply better than them

lonewolfxix
08-13-2007, 08:27 AM
that thing you mentioned scott, is probably the stupidest thing to ever get annoyed about, Who bothers to make dif walking animations for different speeds? it would take ages. YOU might want a game where they only do that and then spend less time on everything else but personally i want other content done and done properly.

I hate it when playing singleplayer or multiplayer co-op and to advance to the next part you need to kill all the enemies but then there's one that seems to be invisible or stuck behind something, this happened when I played Gears of War and there was one Wretch left we had to kill and we couldn't find it!

Drake14
08-13-2007, 09:09 AM
Annoying stuff in games is:

when the game crashes, it freezes, errors occur, lag, poor graphics, lazy designers, when updates can't be found, poor storyline, poor maps/levels bad voices/music/sounds, impossibly hard levels, not being able to find things needed to progress in the levels/game, Hackers, spawn campers, high lvl experienced players pwning everyone in a low lvl room (multiplayer).

along with many other things. i'm sure no one could name all of the annoyances that games have.

cwbolton
08-13-2007, 09:54 AM
what really winds me up in games is how some of the simplist graphics are not done properly and they miss small bits out making it look shoddy its soooo annoying i can do better lol

Aaron.
08-13-2007, 08:26 PM
When the Ai is incedibly cheap...

*coughs* Doa4 *coughs*

FattaT
08-13-2007, 09:44 PM
The thing that annoys me the most is when you cant skip cut scenes.

cwbolton
08-14-2007, 05:37 AM
oh yeah at the start of a game where oyu have ot watch like an hour of cut scenes to learn about the background story i just watch tv lol

Scott
08-14-2007, 05:48 AM
Bad voice acting is really annoying too.

cwbolton
08-14-2007, 06:30 AM
haha lol you mean when the mouth just open and closes no real action i think its funny to watch because its like fish speaking lol

lonewolfxix
08-14-2007, 07:22 AM
I think someone should make a game that's meant to incorporate all these things everyone hates, like unsynced voices and bad minor graphics and crap walking animations etc. to make a game so vile everyone buys it because you're meant to laugh at it. Hmmm... sorry, already licensed it now.

cwbolton
08-14-2007, 10:47 AM
haha lol yeah the worlds most annoying game man that would be annoying lol

Gamoc
08-14-2007, 03:34 PM
I hate glitches that stop you from being able to play (like in Tomb Raider Legend the other day, I jumped and got hit by the unknown entity, and kinda got stuck in a repeating animation and slid around the floor until it hit me again).

I also hate glitches that are abused by online gamers, and I really, really ,really hate hackers.

And I hate having to find something but not knowing where it is.

cwbolton
08-14-2007, 03:53 PM
lol yeah so we all hate bad hackers i figured im gunna learn how to be a hack but to help other people ive theyve been hacked yeah

Gamoc
08-14-2007, 04:01 PM
No, hacking is bad. No hacking at all.

KittyCat72
08-14-2007, 04:38 PM
Yeah, I don't like when the games freeze up or some kind of error pops up. If you notice, it always happens right before you're about to win.

LiNuX
08-14-2007, 04:40 PM
No, hacking is bad. No hacking at all.

agree with that - another annoying thing about that, when ur really good at an online multiplayer game and u win a lot, and people start accusing u of hacking, and that can get annoying after a while lol, it used to bug me a lot so i just used to try harder to kill 'em all