PDA

View Full Version : Sony: "Use Your PS3 Like Never Before‏"

DirtyDMan
07-25-2010, 05:22 PM
http://thegameraccess.com/images/ps4-concept.jpg

It seems like Sony has learned something from Microsoft and Apple about how to get all of your Sony electronics working together better. Read more to find out what they have done.

VAIO Remote Play now lets you remotely access and playback content on your PS3 from virtually anywhere in the world with an internet connection and PlayStation Network ID.

http://www.thegameraccess.com/images/vaio-remote-play.jpg

You can now playback photos, music or videos stored on your PS3, streamed directly to your VAIO. Plus, if you have the optional Play TV Tuner peripheral, Remote Play allows you to watch live TV and also view recordings of TV programs you have made on your PS3, from anywhere in the world.

http://www.thegameraccess.com/images/vaio-remote-play-2.jpg

The new VAIO Notebooks also allow you to use it as a wireless keyboard and touchpad for PS3 via Bluetooth, making it easier to surf the web or send messages to your friends.

Sony: "Use Your PS3 Like Never Before‏" | PS3 (http://www.thegameraccess.com/news/ps3/sony-quse-your-ps3-like-never-beforeq)

The device is only available in certain parts of Europe and Australia right now which sucks yet this is awesome...

I cant wait for this to come out over here but I think (not sure) you could do this with linux when it was possible to use linux on your PS3...

If anyone had linux on the PS3 did you ever try this? Think of doing this?.. any who.... this is great news from Sony....

Diligence109
07-25-2010, 05:31 PM
We're getting closer and closer to electronics merging into one super computer-cellphone-console-pda-etc... the technologies are the same in each device but companies can make so much more money by keeping them set apart into different devices.

It's no surprise that we're starting to see interconnectivity between the devices being used as a selling point - all the right hardware is there, it's so easy to do! I'm surprised we didn't see things like this with the previous generation of game consoles or even Nintendo's DSi (that has all the hardware it practically needs to be a handheld netbook!).

The one thing keeping it all apart is silly company monopolies... smart move sony - gamers are gonna want your Vaios like none other now. We're gonna start seeing Vaios with gaming specs real soon, no doubt. Can they game pretty well already? I'm very out of touch with company specs/trends.

As usual, great threads DirtyD :) I would +rep you more often if I could!

Muffincat
07-25-2010, 10:49 PM
I had a Vaio, and it was okay for gaming. That was several years ago, though, so I'm sure the newer ones are better. Probably pretty similar to any other laptop; therefore, usable, but not great. (and laggy like mine :()

Also, what is up with that first picture. Is that supposed to be a ps4? It looks...egh

Anyway, I guess this is cool... I don't think I would ever actually use it myself, but I'm sure there are people this appeals to. For me, it's just kinda *shrug*

Unless those Vaios really come in that blue color; it looks awesome :P

EpsilonX
07-25-2010, 10:55 PM
Vaio computer? i'm tryin to make a custom pc not a pre-built one. my laptop's an acer too.

wish there was some program that let me do this, i'd go to best buy and play my ps3 on their giant tvs lmao

edit: i want a controller like in that picture http://www.smilies.our-local.co.uk/index_files/drool.gif

Dess
07-26-2010, 06:18 AM
I love my Vaio. Dili can vouch for it's gaming power.

And Muffin. The Vaios do come in that blue color. :P

RaiDae
07-26-2010, 04:59 PM
...I don't get it. Why does the first picture have "playstation 4" and "ps4" on it... What's that got to do with... this?

DirtyDMan
07-27-2010, 02:58 AM
...I don't get it. Why does the first picture have "playstation 4" and "ps4" on it... What's that got to do with... this?

Going to have to ask the person who made the article not me... Why its there is anyone ones guess.... I just copied and pasted....

Your kinda asking a pointless question in my opinion.... Not trying to be mean just saying you could of commented on your thoughts about what the post was actually about....

Its a pic who cares... Its eye candy or what ever.... That pic is just a concept of what the PS4 could look like thats all.... I read an article on it so maybe the same guy wrote this and put it in there.... Or maybe its saying this is what the PS4 will be able to do when it comes out... Yet thats no time soon and these are just my guess....

You did ask why so I'm giving you an answer....

Ilyich Valken
07-27-2010, 09:40 AM
Vaio computer? i'm tryin to make a custom pc not a pre-built one. my laptop's an acer too.

wish there was some program that let me do this, i'd go to best buy and play my ps3 on their giant tvs lmao

edit: i want a controller like in that picture http://www.smilies.our-local.co.uk/index_files/drool.gif
That's the concept for the PS4 lol

RaiDae
07-27-2010, 03:40 PM
Going to have to ask the person who made the article not me... Why its there is anyone ones guess.... I just copied and pasted....

Your kinda asking a pointless question in my opinion.... Not trying to be mean just saying you could of commented on your thoughts about what the post was actually about....

Its a pic who cares... Its eye candy or what ever.... That pic is just a concept of what the PS4 could look like thats all.... I read an article on it so maybe the same guy wrote this and put it in there.... Or maybe its saying this is what the PS4 will be able to do when it comes out... Yet thats no time soon and these are just my guess....

You did ask why so I'm giving you an answer....

I had wanted to know if it had any relevance to the wireless thing, if it was real or if it was just there for decoration. I figured, seeing as you found the info, you might know a bit about it.
As for the whole connecting with a laptop thing... I really don't care for it. At all. I can't see much benefit from it, it's just another expensive toy that some people will feel they "have" to get. besides, wouldn't that mean you'd have to leave it on if you wanted to link to it when you went on holiday?
Because i had nothing nice to say, I wasn't going to say anything at all. :) But, there we go.