PDA

View Full Version : Is Infinity Ward Attempting To Take A Stab At Bungie With Call Of Duty 4?

Scott
08-07-2007, 05:45 PM
Call of Duty 4 sweeped the show and stole the spotlight at this year's E3, earning 40+ awards, one of which was "Best Game of E3". It's already being proclaimed as the "best FPS of the year", and to a further extent, "the best FPS of all-time". Then Infinity Ward ups the ante with their very own public multiplayer beta of the game. Their ads and publicity for the game have been great, such as their Charlie Oscar Delta website, videos of multiplayer gameplay features, etc. It's certainly a very ambitious game and it seems as if it's going to be a blend of the classic Call of Duty-style gameplay, with a Metal Gear Solid-stye cinematic presentation, a Battlefield-style atmosphere, and a Rainbow Six/Halo-style multiplayer (rankings/features/matchmaking/classes/etc.).

Halo 3 may be the most anticipated game of the year, or quite possibly of all-time, but Infinity Ward could be putting together the game to pull all the stops - the game that sets a new single player and multiplayer benchmark for gaming. Sure, BioShock, Mass Effect, and Crysis are the three other heavy hitters this year, but neither will give Halo 3 a run for its money like Call of Duty 4 will. Mark my words.

LiNuX
08-07-2007, 06:29 PM
i said halo 3 cuz of its popularity, i know it will sell out in most places and it will get votes wherever needed, even though im not a die hard halo fan i think it'll be one of the best if not the best

i've seen cod 4 and it looks great too