PDA

View Full Version : My Cousin's band going big!

Diligence109
08-06-2010, 07:27 PM
My cousin's band, Polar War, is awesome and their entered in a contest to be Scene SC's (South Carolina) "Next Big Thing." They have a style comparable to Modest Mouse and my cousin, Dave, is their drummer (also a fantastic person, besides.)

They're a good enough band that they're leading in votes right now, but if you could follow the link below and vote for them that would be GREAT!

Follow this link (http://www.scenesc.com/next-big-thing/), scroll to the bottom, select their band, Polar War, and vote! No signup crap or any bells and whistles required.

You can vote once per day, so if you really love me (or their music if you check it out, which I sincerely recommend) you can keep doing this each day ;) I'm not sure how they track if you've voted today yet - if it's by IP/hostmask, cookies, or something else... not worth trying to figure out to exploit and maybe get caught anyway, as far as I'm concerned.

Thanks for taking the time to vote for them, and I hope you like and maybe even get their music!

Muffincat
08-06-2010, 09:57 PM
I will try to vote every day :3

(because I really love you)

teeheehee

anyway that is awesome :P

Melodic
08-06-2010, 10:10 PM
cool.. :) ima check their music out too.. good luck with them..

EpsilonX
08-06-2010, 10:21 PM
my good friend's band entered a contest and nobody here wanted to help me by voting for them =\

Melodic
08-06-2010, 10:47 PM
my good friend's band entered a contest and nobody here wanted to help me by voting for them =\

thats because i didnt know.. show me.. :spinny:

EpsilonX
08-06-2010, 10:49 PM
lmao it was like 2 years ago

anyways ill probably check this out later...like tomorrow or somethin

BobTD
08-07-2010, 01:31 AM
you can vote every day?

Voted already. I will try to keep on this.

Thrash3r
08-07-2010, 03:55 AM
There pretty cool its not my type but its the best ive heard from that genre so i voted for them

vepanator
08-07-2010, 04:05 AM
I voted first, coz I'm awfully bored.

Then I thought that it would be fun to know what I just voted so I listened that song and I felt in love. Sounds so good!
I want that CD.

Diligence109
08-07-2010, 07:35 AM
I mentioned to my cousin that I posted this thread and he was, of course, delighted :D In his words (and in character) he stated on my bookface wall that I was "seriously the man!"

He also mentioned that while they just got the cds they aren't commercially available yet... but the band has them! He's likely going to be sending one my way that I'll get a peek at free of charge ;D winwinwinwinwin

Thanks for all the support, guys, I really appreciate it! Glad to hear that their music speaks for itself for some of you and that you even took the time to listen to it! :)

Eps, I tots would have helped you if I had been a member of the forum back then :P you poor little butthurt thing you *pat*

Melodic
08-07-2010, 10:27 AM
Polar war is currently on the lead.. dont let your guard down though.. :)

glenofimaal
08-07-2010, 11:10 AM
Polar war is currently on the lead.. dont let your guard down though.. :)

Pan looks to be in second place ;-)

Diligence109
09-13-2010, 08:09 AM
My cousin's band, Polar War, won the competition (http://www.scenesc.com/2010/09/10/polar-war-is-the-next-big-thing/)!

Thanks for your help, those of you who did :)

glenofimaal
09-13-2010, 06:05 PM
Great!!!

So they get to make an album or something???

Muffincat
09-13-2010, 07:33 PM
Yayyyyyyyyyyy I helped ;D

congrats to them

even though I didn't listen to the music of any of these bands

BUT HEY WHATEVER