PDA

View Full Version : The Original Toonami

BocReaper
08-08-2010, 05:54 PM
How many people here remember this?
Back in the day when they showed things like Samurai Jack, Outlaw Star, DBZ, Gundam, .hack//sign, zoids, He-man, and Thundercats? I saw some cartoons now a days, and they really killed me. Then I nostalgia d for the old stuff.
What shows do y'all remember from back in the day?

Jokersvirus
08-08-2010, 05:57 PM
Samurai Jack, Outlaw star, DBZ, Gundam .hack, and zoids were my favorite.

norid
08-08-2010, 06:15 PM
Ah i do G gumdam, Zoids, and Ruroini kenshin. They were the greatest. Until adult swim come on and showed Cowboy Bebop and Trigun aired.

BocReaper
08-08-2010, 06:30 PM
Oh yeah. I loved Cowboy Bebop. That was a truly epic show. They should play these all again for kids these days. Show them some cool stuff.

EpsilonX
08-08-2010, 06:31 PM
i really only ever watched Zoids on toonami.

norid
08-08-2010, 06:35 PM
Cowboy Bebop needs to make a return to get kids of bleach and naruto

Muffincat
08-08-2010, 06:52 PM
Outlaw Star is still my favorite anime ever <3 :P

and pshhh you forgot Sailor Moon (I know, I know, you're trying to impress all the men with your manliness....but I know you watched it. and liked it.)

I used to watch this all the time... DBZ, Thundercats, Gundam, even Zoids occasionally XD

Cartoons they show nowadays are often really bad O_o and just... meh. Not all of them, probably, and there were certainly terrible ones back then, but.... bleh

zavatar11
08-08-2010, 06:54 PM
I clearly remember watching samurai jack but off and on with the others. Before the canciled toonami i took a huge liking to naruto.After toonami was canciled i took a liking to bleach.

LiNuX
08-08-2010, 06:57 PM
Loved Toonami. Especially DBZ. Came on at 9PM every night...good times.

Project Blaze
Oh man, it SUX that Toonami just got totally ruined/killed. I watched that all the time, even the Midnight Run! My absolute fav was Dragonball Z. I used to freakn sprint home for that show. No exaggaration either. lol Zoids was kuwl too, G Gundam was my fav gundam series. Why'd it get cut off anyway?

BocReaper
Hey Muffin, no bad. You don't tell them I liked Sailor Moon. I'm trying to look manly and you're ruining it! But since you mentioned it, I also watched Power Puff girls and totally spies. Oh the shame.

zavatar11
08-08-2010, 07:02 PM
aw recently a channel called nicktoons network started showing dragonballz but they changed the name 2 dragonball z kai, changed the opening theme, and got rid of most of the blood but anyways it was and is still pretty cool today. I'm pretty disapointed in myself for not watching it in toonami.

Jokersvirus
08-08-2010, 07:53 PM
It is a kid network so you cant expect them to leave all the blood and good violence.

EpsilonX
08-08-2010, 08:56 PM
Hey Muffin, no bad. You don't tell them I liked Sailor Moon. I'm trying to look manly and you're ruining it! But since you mentioned it, I also watched Power Puff girls and totally spies. Oh the shame.

sailor moon wasn't bad. but power puff girls....:no:

son....

i am disappoint

Dess
08-08-2010, 09:42 PM
I have the Cowboy Bebop UMD for my PSP...lol. I liked DBZ and Gundam too.

And hey!! I like Naruto....lmfao. :P

zavatar11
08-08-2010, 10:29 PM
i never watched gundam but i always played the games. the games were totally awesome.

Project Blaze
08-09-2010, 10:00 AM
Oh yea, forgot about Naruto. I wouldn't have even heard of it if it wasn't for Toonami. XD I freakn love that show! Got a few Naruto gamez too. ^_^

DBZ without the blood? Noooooo!!! That's like cherry pie without the cherries! ;_; I've been hunting down the uncut season box sets. lol So I'll just do that instead. :P

Jokersvirus
08-09-2010, 10:06 AM
I hate Naruto.

I can play out the entire show in unless then 2 minutes ready?

OMFG YOU WONT STOP ME FROM REACHING MY DREAMS

OMFG IM BETTER THAN YOU

OMFG YOU WONT STOP ME

OMFG / more worthless screaming.

/end

told ya :D

EpsilonX
08-09-2010, 11:02 AM
I heard of Naruto way before the anime came to toonami

Muffincat
08-10-2010, 09:18 AM

YEAH POWERPUFF GIRLS

YOU JUST GOT ON MY AWESOME LIST

(it is super exclusive!)

http://www.tikirobot.net/wp/wp-content/uploads/2007/02/gamerKitty.jpg

I'm just leaving that there for no real reason

Metallica1983
11-15-2010, 08:31 PM
I remember the days when Toonami played the original Dragonball and then DBZ one after the other I'm still a huge DBZ fan they should play shows like these to give kids values and character todays cartoons are mindless and mostly stupid

Linx_is_me
11-15-2010, 08:33 PM
Kinda funny me and a friend were just talking about this . We declared it the teen version of adult swim .

Diligence109
11-17-2010, 08:38 AM
I remember the days when Toonami played the original Dragonball and then DBZ one after the other I'm still a huge DBZ fan they should play shows like these to give kids values and character todays cartoons are mindless and mostly stupid

wait... *rubs eyes* DBZ instills values and character? :P

I do hear ya, though - there aint no Rugrats anymore the way it was for our generation :( no more awesome morals hidden in wonderful cartoons