PDA

View Full Version : Scott Piligrim vs the world

Jokersvirus
08-13-2010, 08:42 PM
So i just saw this epic movie, and it was really good. My local movie threater thinks it wont do well so they only gave it 4 time slots, boo.

I really liked it, it had alot of references to Zelda, and the fights were epic.

I wont go into great detail to kill the mood/story of the movie but it is worth the 9.50, in my area, to go see it.

Dess
08-13-2010, 08:43 PM
Sweet!!!!

I'm kinda excited to see this one.... the trailers looked epic.

LiNuX
08-14-2010, 07:28 PM
Michael Cera always does movies you can watch. Usually not high budget or high income movies but they're watchable. I'm waiting for the Arrested Development movie to come out too. That one I'll most definitely watch. Not sure about this one though, not while it's still in theaters, don't think I'll have the time by the time classes resume.

EpsilonX
08-14-2010, 10:44 PM
Idk, this doesn't really sound that interesting, especially when it's at the theaters the same time as The Expendables

FattaT
08-15-2010, 08:28 PM
I'm waiting for the Arrested Development movie to come out too.

^ this.

That is all.

Jokersvirus
08-15-2010, 10:06 PM
Never was big into that show, it just was annoying.

They had some funny actors and stuff but it gave me a headache more than anything else.

Yuuki
08-15-2010, 11:34 PM
LOL it was so stupid..
I loved it! XD
I wouldn't say one of my favorites, but I liked it.(:

rainbowxpanda
08-23-2010, 03:33 PM
i really wanted to see it. my friend said it was a really funny movie and worth seeing once

Shixx
08-23-2010, 09:54 PM
It's an Awesome movie, All should go see it.

thedeparted
08-23-2010, 10:15 PM
So i just saw this epic movie, and it was really good. My local movie threater thinks it wont do well so they only gave it 4 time slots, boo.

I really liked it, it had alot of references to Zelda, and the fights were epic.

I wont go into great detail to kill the mood/story of the movie but it is worth the 9.50, in my area, to go see it.

well it isn't doing do so well. 20.8 after 10 days on a 60 million budget. it was only $1,800 theater average which is turrible.

Jokersvirus
08-23-2010, 10:17 PM
Problem is the theater didnt give it a fighting chance, up in indy they only had 3-4 showings on opening day. it was sad

BobTD
08-24-2010, 11:33 PM
yeah this movie Im going to see twice, its really good and I loved every minute of it. Im sad that it only has two time slots here and that no one seems to have seen it.

It was probably my favorite movie all year.

jango
09-09-2010, 05:26 PM
saw this, and remembered this thread ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzcf421m_oI

jango
09-10-2010, 07:02 PM
Also stumbled across this user review for the movie that might interest a few of you (especially as it's not from an 'official' source for reviews) .. The Escapist : Forums : User Reviews : Scott Pilgrim vs. The World vs. The Blue Ink Alchemist. (Movie Review) (http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/326.228940-Scott-Pilgrim-vs-The-World-vs-The-Blue-Ink-Alchemist-Movie-Review)

EpsilonX
09-11-2010, 12:07 AM
Lmao, this movie was epicsauce

Kelranox
10-18-2010, 08:42 AM
It was incredibly cheesy but that was the point. The director behind it also did Hot Fuzz and Shaun of The Dead, so he understands true comedy. Sure, the video game references were pretty generic but at least they didn't put a controller in someone's hand and tell him to "pretend as though you're playing a game" only to see him button mash the hell out of it. Every time I see that, I'm insulted as a gamer. This movie understands true gamers everywhere and as opposed to throwing thousands of subtle references at us, it goes with what is generally accepted and known.

As well, don't forget the fact that the movie is based off of a comic book. So, the style is resemblant of comic book strips also. The tiered battles reminded me of those which were in No More Heroes. I also loved the Seinfeld reference. Overall, it's a great movie.

JadeDynastyInductionID
11-10-2010, 03:07 PM
One thing that confused me when watching this movie was the source of supernatural powers; where do the characters get these types of powers? They didn't even mentioned about it.

Jokersvirus
11-10-2010, 03:56 PM
Its a comic book story, so it was just naturally given to them

TimmoUK
11-11-2010, 12:02 PM
I loved the film one of my top 5 this year. Watched it twice already.

Raoul
01-11-2011, 03:07 AM
Scott Piligrim vs the world is an awesome movie I watched it so many times already it's probably over 10 times now lol it's funny.:laugh1:

LemonRising
01-11-2011, 10:33 AM
It really was an amazing movie. My favourite of 2010.
Have the dvd, watched it a million times, w/ commentary and without.

There are so many little moments.. little background details and actions that just.. work.
The actors are all great and do their part so well. This movie just WORKS. I love it.
Johnny Simmons (Young Niel) is great, if you've already seen the movie, watch it again and just watch Jonny in the background.

That's another thing. You can watch this movie so many times because each time you watch it, you see something new.

ITS JUST AWESOME GO BUY THE DVD. OR BLUERAY
AND THE GAME
AND THE COMICS
JUST DO ITTTTTT

Jayhmmz
01-11-2011, 11:26 AM
The hot girl in it is hot. Just sayin'

Samus-Fan
01-11-2011, 05:07 PM
That was really good, I loved that movie so much I'm borrowing all the Scott Pilgrim comic books from my friend and they're even better.
But the movie was really good, best comedy I've seen in quite a while.

BlackPhazor
01-11-2011, 08:07 PM
The movie was pretty awesome, I loved it. The actors, story, plot, everything was brilliantly put together. If I had to give the movie a rating, it would be 9/10.

Raoul
01-31-2011, 04:01 AM
(plays the guitar and singing)Ramona, Ramona oh my my, Ramona:cheesy::cheesy:

Jayhmmz
01-31-2011, 06:59 AM
That was really good, I loved that movie so much I'm borrowing all the Scott Pilgrim comic books from my friend and they're even better.
But the movie was really good, best comedy I've seen in quite a while.

I'm buying them all for my girlfriend for Valentines Day. Having a bastard of a time finding #3 though! They have all but #3 in my comic book store :P

Raoul
02-01-2011, 04:39 AM
I'm buying them all for my girlfriend for Valentines Day. Having a bastard of a time finding #3 though! They have all but #3 in my comic book store :P

That's awesome she will definetly love the gift:cheesy: