PDA

View Full Version : Metroid: Other M

Diligence109
08-15-2010, 11:08 AM
I was talking with my roommate (who is an AVID metroid fan) about this new metroid game that's coming out for the Wii at the end of the month (on the 31st.)

I was plugging through the game's overview on Nintendo's site (http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/of7lcEBQyssh5y_pITalCVd4mAutD4Yq) and we're a little concerned for what the game looks like it's going to be...

The overview reveals that the game is going to be fundamentally different from previous metroids because it focuses on Samus' life and personal character as the foundation for the plot. I've kinda enjoyed her as a rather enigmatically quiet hero... I feel like they might ruin her the same way they'd ruin link if they made a game like this for him :(

And...

With voice acting and a rich story, players learn the engaging backstory of Samus...
that better not mean voice acting for Samus or this just went full on cheesy RPG and lost it's darker Metroid touch D:

If you can dig up anything else about the game, please post it.. I know that at least I'll be interested in it (as the Nintendork I am, anyway)

Shixx
08-16-2010, 02:24 AM
There is Voice Acting, yes Samus.

it is created by the same people who make/made Ninja gaiden.

I saw some Gameplay you can switch from 3rd and first person at anytime it still has the dark feeling.

But it is going to be more like Ninja gaiden Combat style and voice acting of course.

It will be different but I think it could end up being really good, I'll be giving it a try.

Kenoi
08-16-2010, 09:24 AM
I'd laugh so hard if this game were to be the same level with 'ninja gaiden' because team ninja had some part in this project... 3rd person & all that. this might end up to be a frustrating game to play. haha.

thedeparted
08-31-2010, 07:17 PM
I was watching a vid review and they said there was a lot of blind shooting but its not so bad cause of auto-aim. both are pretty big issues imo. Auto Aim makes games far too easy and blind shooting cause of a borked cam is frustrating. But eh story continuous from Super Metroid has to make Metroid fans happy in the pants

Shixx
08-31-2010, 10:57 PM
I heard the Story was the only Weak point of this Game.

BobTD
08-31-2010, 11:47 PM
i really didnt like ninja gaiden... as a ninja fan I wasnt into running around in the open claiming to be a ninja with no stealth gameplay. But I guess "barbarian gaiden" didnt sound as cool.

But on the plus side I wont suffer that problem with metriod.