PDA

View Full Version : Ventrillo or TeamSpeak

LiNuX
08-09-2007, 09:12 PM
Ventrillo and TeamSpeak are two of the most popular programs used by gaming clans to communicate during clan wars or scims. Usually happens in RPG Games with Guilds and FPS games such as Counter Strike.

If you use any of this, which do you use? Or do you use both?

I've only used ventrillo for my scrims and CAL Matches, tried teamspeak before but all my clanmates used vent and we had a server lol.

What about you?

FattaT
08-10-2007, 12:10 AM
I use both.
I used to use ventrillo every night when i was admin of a gaming company. Good old days.... and i used team speak just in case i needed it when filling in for clans

lonewolfxix
08-10-2007, 07:40 AM
I use teamspeak, i find it a lot better than Ventrillo to use but... everyone has their opinions :P I have tried using Ventrillo, but meh, I couldn't get used to it.

Drake14
08-10-2007, 08:33 AM
Personally i love Vent. the voice quality is so much better, in Teamspeak it seemed like everyone's voice was breaking up.

Joshuah
08-10-2007, 08:37 AM
I done Team Speak I rocks, don't know what Ventrillo is so!!

LiNuX
08-10-2007, 10:38 AM
Personally i love Vent. the voice quality is so much better, in Teamspeak it seemed like everyone's voice was breaking up.

thats probably because of ur ping, could be far away, i used a vent server like 10k miles from where i live and thats why voice kept breaking up

I done Team Speak I rocks, don't know what Ventrillo is so!!

its very similar to teamspeak, used for the same reason actually

Drake14
08-10-2007, 05:50 PM
na. the server wasnt all that far away really i dont think. then again i could be wrong. but a far as i know it wasnt that far away.

either way i'm not gunna use TS again. I'll always stick with Vent.

lonewolfxix
08-11-2007, 07:14 AM
I use teamspeak, I host my own servers and also join them across Europe, the reasons for voices breaking up could be old codecs or using low quality codecs, I'm not sure you can do it in Ventrilo but in TeamSpeak you can actively change the codec to best suit your bandwidth. Also, if you host your own servers, people who are trying to hijack it will use a voice breaker to say the codec is incorrect and then tell you to right click their name and press "f" or something which will turn them into superadmins.

Joshuah
08-11-2007, 12:22 PM
Is it me or is Team Speak awesome, I have used it a couple times, can you get it for Delta Force 2

lonewolfxix
08-11-2007, 12:26 PM
Is it me or is Team Speak awesome, I have used it a couple times, can you get it for Delta Force 2

wow, not to offend you, but are you retarded? TeamSpeak is a STAND ALONE program. so how can it NOT be for Delta Force 2?!

I'm not sure if you know exactly WHAT teamspeak is!

look at Go TeamSpeak (http://www.goteamspeak.com) to find out what it actually IS!

Medwin
08-13-2007, 04:57 PM
Ventrillo,

I bum rooms off my pals ventrillo servers.

lonewolfxix
08-14-2007, 07:31 AM
Rofl, why not run your own? I can run one for like 20 or so people with 400kbit upload.

Gamoc
08-14-2007, 03:35 PM
I'd say Teamspeak, because I've never heard of Ventrillo.

LiNuX
08-14-2007, 04:39 PM
Rofl, why not run your own? I can run one for like 20 or so people with 400kbit upload.

dont u pay for urs tho?

I'd say Teamspeak, because I've never heard of Ventrillo.

and i think vent came out before teamspeak and its preferred during counter-strike scrims and CAL Matches. Its more popular with cs players than most other games. Well thats what i've seen like a year ago when i had a server for it lol.