PDA

View Full Version : Halo Reach

Elited
08-24-2010, 10:47 PM
What do you guys think about Halo Reach? It looks greaat to me

Jokersvirus
08-24-2010, 10:48 PM
If they fix the glitches that were in the beta it will be perfect.

Elited
08-24-2010, 10:50 PM
I never got to play the beta but they will fix any major glitches that came up

Iceskater101
08-26-2010, 11:04 AM
the beta was fun I am glad they released it but I am truly excited for halo reach

Ilyich Valken
08-26-2010, 03:32 PM
I can't effing wait. =\ Though, I still gotta beat ME2 and SC2 before the 14th, on top of college work now.. Yay, furthering myself... -_-

rainbowxpanda
08-26-2010, 07:44 PM
Halo Reach looks amazing! i saved up my money for it.

i didn't get to try the beta but i heard it was really good.

Subb
08-26-2010, 07:57 PM
yeah the beta was fun, lookin forward to this and gotit on preorder.

Ilyich Valken
08-26-2010, 08:30 PM
Halo Reach looks amazing! i saved up my money for it.

i didn't get to try the beta but i heard it was really good.

It was awesome, and the maps didn't get half as boring as the ones in the Halo 3 beta, and it like.. x10 once Invasion popped it's head in.

rainbowxpanda
08-26-2010, 08:47 PM
It was awesome, and the maps didn't get half as boring as the ones in the Halo 3 beta, and it like.. x10 once Invasion popped it's head in.

i think the new features they added in halo like the jet packs would make it really fun :]

Jokersvirus
08-26-2010, 10:00 PM
I just saw a video on the Forge world, very epic. I love how they will give us complete control of the world allowing us to do whatever we want. I might actually make a race track.

Ilyich Valken
08-27-2010, 09:04 AM
I just saw a video on the Forge world, very epic. I love how they will give us complete control of the world allowing us to do whatever we want. I might actually make a race track.

We should get a couple people together and forge something sometime after it comes out lol

Jokersvirus
08-27-2010, 01:40 PM
lol I like that idea, I know all my friends will be playing it till CoD BOs comes out.

Kenoi
08-27-2010, 08:22 PM
I hear you can 'fly' in that game right? like it comes with your suit? & I thought this game was coming out in November, sometime together with CoD: Black Ops

BobTD
09-14-2010, 04:35 PM
Well It took me about 8 hours to finish the storyline I think. I spent about 3 hours in forge after getting home, took another 3 hour break to try the multiplayer and about 8-9 on the campaign.

SPOILER ALERT!

It really wasnt that bad, although they could have done more with the characters you knew they where all going to die right from the start. I would have liked it more if instead of a final fight your character tried to steal away on a banshee and board a corvette and maybe crash it into something...

The reason I say that is because the last two characters die within about 2min of each other, the storyline was surprisingly somber and gritty up until the very end where it looked like they just wanted to wrap it up without giving microsoft anything to continue. You cant really blame them for this, considering how its not in their best interest to leave another spartan alive somewhere. But it wouldnt have been impossible.

LemonRising
09-14-2010, 04:50 PM
Spoilers much bob? Lol
I probably wont play it, unless I get an xbox sometime soon. Don't really know anyone with one either D: *deprived*

BobTD
09-14-2010, 05:21 PM
how is any of that a spoiler lol

its called the fall of reach for a reason. =P

Jokersvirus
09-14-2010, 05:22 PM
reach becomes a glass factory

/the end

Play Search
09-14-2010, 06:31 PM
When the beta came out I was all psyched up about halo and when the beta ended I stilled played Halo 3 for about a week, but I don't think I'll get Reach. It's fun sometimes, especially with friends, but it gets kind of boring. Maybe if I see some videos on it, and it looks really awesome, I might consider it.

LemonRising
09-14-2010, 08:08 PM
pfff its spoilery cause its specific : P

I kind of miss playing halo ) :
any of em.
Used to play with my cousins all the time. was lulzy

Diligence109
09-15-2010, 08:17 AM
My roommate got this game which means that by association I'm playing it :D
I've only put one solid hour down on it so far, but, as QuietGrave said... it's Halo 3. It's just more halo, which isn't really a bad thing, I suppose; cause halo is good and fun and all.

I'll report in more detail when I've actually played a substantial amount of the game.

Ilyich Valken
09-15-2010, 09:15 AM
I've only put one solid hour down on it so far, but, as QuietGrave said... it's Halo 3. It's just more halo, which isn't really a bad thing, I suppose; cause halo is good and fun and all.

I'll report in more detail when I've actually played a substantial amount of the game.

It's not Halo 3, though. The graphics are improved (new engine), they've added so many things like Firefight (so much better than ODST's), armor abilities, upgraded forge to include all of the little tricks people have come up with in 3, new and better weapons, better (for the most part.. I'm looking at you, Pinnacle) maps, and a better campaign (and tougher), plus all of the multiplayer options.

Diligence109
09-15-2010, 09:22 AM
It's not Halo 3, though.

I'll keep everything you've detailed here in mind as I actually play the game. First impression after just an hour of playing and not having played much of the other halos before hand gives the impression that it's very similar to previous halos, I'll get into it more in time :P

Muffincat
09-15-2010, 09:26 AM
It's not Halo 3, though. The graphics are improved (new engine), they've added so many things like Firefight (so much better than ODST's), armor abilities, upgraded forge to include all of the little tricks people have come up with in 3, new and better weapons, better (for the most part.. I'm looking at you, Pinnacle) maps, and a better campaign (and tougher), plus all of the multiplayer options.

so uh, it's exactly like Halo 3, but upgraded because games have gotten better since then

:P

Ilyich Valken
09-15-2010, 11:06 AM
so uh, it's exactly like Halo 3, but upgraded because games have gotten better since then

:P

No >_> It plays differently. It's similar, it's obviously going to be, but it's not Halo 3.

Shixx
09-15-2010, 12:04 PM
Yar it has a totally Different Feel to it then Halo 3, it's probably closest to Halo 1.

The multiplayer is 10x better then Halo 3.

I can see why people who have not played it see it as the same thing though.

LemonRising
09-15-2010, 01:57 PM
I really want to try it ) :

Must... find someone... with halo reach....

Ilyich Valken
09-16-2010, 07:36 PM
I really want to try it ) :

Must... find someone... with halo reach....

Come play it with me, Lemons :o

LemonRising
09-16-2010, 08:30 PM
kk i'll just start hitch hiking lollll

BobTD
09-17-2010, 01:48 AM

Im going to agree with Ilyich Valken, that it is not Halo 3, but with more specific information. With the graphics engine, Halo 3 utilizes a proprietary, in-house graphics engine, often referred to as the "Halo 3 Engine" (although almost all the halo games use the same physics engine). The Halo3 engine was often to reflective and hard to make out details in:

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/1029/halo3jhx.jpg
Halo3

The Halo engine had numerous drawbacks specifically the glossy sheen it placed over much of the environment. Many times in movies when filming night scenes with car chases the directors will purposefully water down the street to give it character and is a subtle example of creative directing. However its often overused and begs the question why it has always just rained. Halo 3 had this problem, it was often hard to see anything because of the cluster**** of attempted visual affects.

What does reach do differently you ask? Well for starters the Reach assault rifle is constructed of more polygons than an entire Marine character from Halo 3. An impressive update considering they still use the Havok engine, the same engine used in Halo2 and essentially the same engine for graphics from Halo3, but without any of the visible drawbacks.

Source:
http://www.havok.com/index.php?page=available-games

Rather then building an engine from ground up they simply reworked a lot of the programming and made it better. Software and hardware advancements meant they could get a lot more out of what they already had, improving what they could create without significantly increasing the amount of time it took to create it.

http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/5286/reachv.jpg
Reach (and notice, you can still make out detail within intense lighting effects)

The crisp and detailed look of Halo reach is commendable. It truly looks amazing, and another thing that many gamers should appreciate is that even though its got all the HD potential of other next gene titles it doesn't have unfriendly non standard definition text. Meaning you wont have to get 2 inches from the screen with your reading glasses to read whats going on.

I have great respect for the quality of the production put into this game (as well as its advancements with its multilayer for sure), Halo is starting to live up to the praise it gets and that makes me happy because now I don't secretly have to hate anyone who says they cant find a better FPS. This installment to the series actually makes the earlier titles feel... immature in comparison. And its a fitting way to end the series. (well, at least their hand it in)

Also, I dont want to leave anyone with the impression that Im praising the game only based on its visual quality, I certainly respect the difference between a great game and a great looking game. But the overall improvement all around from Halo3 to reach is hard to surmise in a single post at 2am.

The gameplays solid foundation remains, yet they have changed it enough that simple things like having tactical options such as sprinting are now available. And this is often enough to make it so that skill can win out over weapon camping and the other problems plaguing its multiplayer.

LemonRising
09-17-2010, 02:45 AM
It truly looks amazing, and another thing that many gamers should appreciate is that even though its got all the HD potential of other next gene titles it doesn't have unfriendly non standard definition text. Meaning you wont have to get 2 inches from the screen with your reading glasses to read whats going on.

I like the sound of that haha. with my poor blind eyes.

Charlotte
09-17-2010, 04:29 AM
This game only come out in X360. dang. :S

Play Search
09-19-2010, 01:38 PM
I got it last Thursday. It's pretty fun. The campaign was pretty poor (and short) in my opinion. Me and my friend beat it co-op in like 3-4 hours. The online is a lot of fun, especially on the objective games. =)

Linx_is_me
09-19-2010, 02:33 PM
I got to play Halo reach about a day ago . To me ( just a personal thing ) . It felt like they slightly mixed MW with Halo . This was in no way bad . The Graphics in some aspects have greatly increased . But things like dessert scenery or just being outside in general still has a very light touch . I think it is a great game from what I have played of it . I hope to be able to complete is soon .

Ilyich Valken
09-19-2010, 10:41 PM
I got it last Thursday. It's pretty fun. The campaign was pretty poor (and short) in my opinion. Me and my friend beat it co-op in like 3-4 hours. The online is a lot of fun, especially on the objective games. =)

Of course you'll beat the campaign if you play co-op on normal. I've got well over 11 hours on solo Legendary.

What about the campaign was poor?

Jokersvirus
09-19-2010, 10:49 PM
Campaign is perfect pretty much, the storyline is epic the heroes are badasses, the weapons are new and used. its a great mix of fighting and storytelling.

HamadaLFC8
09-20-2010, 05:00 AM
Finally came out in Saudi Arabia, it sells out in like LITERALLY 10 MINS at every store >.< SO i had mine reserved muahahah so yeah if you don't have me on XBL yet, hit me up!

DarkArmy92

Play Search
09-20-2010, 06:54 PM
Of course you'll beat the campaign if you play co-op on normal. I've got well over 11 hours on solo Legendary.

What about the campaign was poor?

I was talking about the story when I said it was poor. I kind of had a warped view. I was playing it with a friend, so I wasn't paying much attention. The story seemed kind of boring to me. Maybe if I played it solo with my turtle beaches on, I would be more drawn in.

I also thought the gameplay was kind of boring. That's probably due to the fact we played on normal. Maybe if I had played on a harder difficulty it would have been more challenging and fun.

BobTD
09-23-2010, 11:32 PM
I was talking about the story when I said it was poor. I kind of had a warped view. I was playing it with a friend, so I wasn't paying much attention. The story seemed kind of boring to me. Maybe if I played it solo with my turtle beaches on, I would be more drawn in.

I also thought the gameplay was kind of boring. That's probably due to the fact we played on normal. Maybe if I had played on a harder difficulty it would have been more challenging and fun.

I think the story and setting, having a more mature and realistic plot was a much better compliment to the game then one impossible feat after another. This was more of a look at the human side of spartans than a building of their godlike lore.

Also I really have a hard time imagining you beat the game in that short a time, I went through it on normal once solo and it still took me 8 hours without respawning. You are probably estimating, and if you looked at the real hours you might find that time flew because you where enjoying yourself.

Could you really sit down and focus on completing something in one go like that,(assuming if you think it took you 3-4 hours) if it really was boring you wouldn't have finished it right away.

Maybe its the difference between cheep entertainment over something true to the lore. I dont know many games that can deliver a solid an enjoyable game without preposterous (yay I got to use that word) story elements. Honestly they did the word "epic" a favor this time. Without abusing or devaluing the word, the story of reach, can honestly now rest amidst the term regardless of its overuse.

So in many ways, the single player was perfect.

flared
10-10-2010, 03:37 AM
finally got a chance to play reach with some of my buddies. gotta say i really do like it, but it was a bit hard getting used to some new controls...kept pressing B trying to melee and got raped lol

Ilyich Valken
10-10-2010, 03:33 PM
finally got a chance to play reach with some of my buddies. gotta say i really do like it, but it was a bit hard getting used to some new controls...kept pressing B trying to melee and got raped lol

:laugh: Yeah. The new scheme was the downfall of me in the Beta, but overall I think it's better than Recon (the Halo 3 scheme.) Other than that, it's just getting the weapons down which shouldn't take too long.

W1CKEDTW1STED
10-29-2010, 10:34 AM
I believe it is much better than the original. However, I still swap between MW2 and Halo Reach. But I do enjoy some of the revamped maps from the original.

Maxx Strike
06-03-2011, 05:09 PM
i feel the online play is great and i see very little problems with it