PDA

View Full Version : New PS3 controllers add comfort and glowing buttons

DirtyDMan
08-24-2010, 10:55 PM
If you are looking to add another control to your PlayStation 3, you may want to check out the latest offering from Power A. The company today released its Pro Elite Wireless and Pro EX Controllers for the PS3, both touting soft-touch coating and textured grips, repositioned analog sticks, and glowing action buttons.

We’ve been testing the Pro Elite Wireless model and are quite impressed (we’ll give you our full opinion soon). This wireless controller costs $49.99 USD and features SIXAXIS functionality, custom designed L2 and R2 buttons, dual rumble motors and LED player channel indicator lights around the “Home” button. The Pro EX Controller has the same feel and features as the Pro Elite Wireless model, but is a wired format without SIXAXIS functionality. The Pro EX version is $19.99.

"The Pro Elite Wireless and Pro EX controllers will give PS3 players the edge they’ve been looking for,” said Eric Bensussen, president of POWER A and BDA. "Once players experience the difference, they won’t want to use anything else but the POWER A Pro Series controllers to play all of the great games coming out this fall and holiday.”

Look for our review of this controller soon.

http://www.psu.com/media/articles/image/POWER%20A%20Pro%20Elite%20Wireless%20Controller%20 Lit.jpg

http://www.psu.com/media/articles/image/POWER%20A%20Pro%20Elite%20Wireless%20Controller%20 Triggers.jpg

I like this look and I think I'm going to get this controller....

Yea yea.... Its a rip off of the xbox controller but to be honest the xbox controller is more comfortable then the PS3....

Samus-Fan
08-25-2010, 12:26 AM
Lol, that's exactly like a 360 controller :p

I won't disagree, the Xbox controller is so comfy. I could hold it all day.

Dess
08-25-2010, 12:40 AM
I just held a PS3 controller for 9 hours... almost straight.... Final Fantasy FTW....

O.O SHINY BUTTONS!!!! ME WANT ONE!!!!!

thedeparted
08-25-2010, 03:39 AM
im good with the ps3 controller ktksbai

Ilyich Valken
08-25-2010, 06:42 AM
I like their direction with this.. but it's still got that dual r1/l1 set up for the triggers..

Kenoi
08-25-2010, 06:42 AM
yeah man, a complete rip off of the 360 controller but question.... you think this will do well in the markets?

DirtyDMan
08-25-2010, 07:42 AM
I just held a PS3 controller for 9 hours... almost straight.... Final Fantasy FTW....

O.O SHINY BUTTONS!!!! ME WANT ONE!!!!!

Well Im not saying theres anything wrong with the PS3 controller as is but this new one will fit your hand better b/c of where the analog sticks are.....

I never like the xbox controller until I got an Xbox and I gotta saying its fit your hand better then the PS3 controller.... It just more comfortable in my opinion...

I think it will sell just fine once people buy it and try it out.... Then tell other people how good it is....

Diligence109
08-25-2010, 08:41 AM
The PS controller is so iconic though... the fact that they've had one that they could keep basically the same for all gens of their console is epic. I don't see anything that is lacking in the ergonomics of the design of the playstation controller... do not want change D:

I suppose it's okay cause they'll still be keeping the standard controller and only hardcore gamers are gonna even know this one exists (I think)

BocReaper
08-25-2010, 09:44 AM
I'm just hoping they redo the back triggers. Having to always press the bottom and now where else was kinda annoying.

Shixx
08-25-2010, 09:51 AM
I'll probably get it just because it's all shiney and ****...

That and I still don't have a Dual shock and if i'm going to get a new controller it should be this..

Ilyich Valken
08-25-2010, 10:12 AM
The PS controller is so iconic though... the fact that they've had one that they could keep basically the same for all gens of their console is epic. I don't see anything that is lacking in the ergonomics of the design of the playstation controller... do not want change D:

I suppose it's okay cause they'll still be keeping the standard controller and only hardcore gamers are gonna even know this one exists (I think)

There wasn't really anything wrong with the ergonomics with the controller, it's just the layout didn't really work all too well with some types of games (Like FPS) because of the layout of the analog sticks and the triggers. Mind you, the 360 controller sucks for fighting games (D-PAD!) Now, the triggers I'm slightly more inclined to forgive, but the way the sticks were, my thumbs would always hit each other and it just felt weird.

It's a good controller, just not for every game.

thedeparted
08-25-2010, 10:30 AM
im surprised 3rd parties are allowed to do this, if Sony did a suit would be filed so fast

360 controller sucks for fighting games (D-PAD!)

Don't let Samus see that XD. I remember 2 years ago I said that and it erupted into one the biggest threads of GF history

Dess
08-25-2010, 11:40 AM
I'll probably get it just because it's all shiney and ****...

I hate how alike we are..... I'll prolly get it for the same reason.

Jokersvirus
08-25-2010, 01:28 PM
Wow, rip off the 360 a little more would you please.

This proves that 360 is better than Ps3

Diligence109
08-25-2010, 01:34 PM
This proves that 360 is better than Ps3

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand this thread is now a console war! Everyone to your battle stations!

I didn't realize at first that this was a 3rd party product. I'm much less saddened by it now, they can do what they want

Kenoi
08-25-2010, 01:42 PM
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand this thread is now a console war! Everyone to your battle stations!

I didn't realize at first that this was a 3rd party product. I'm much less saddened by it now, they can do what they want

*grabs gun & runs to the frontline of the war.*

haha.

Jaykub
08-25-2010, 03:07 PM
That looks amazing. Is the controller bigger? because that would be great for my hands.

Muffincat
08-25-2010, 03:36 PM
Meh. I hate the way they changed it. I'll be keeping my own :P

thedeparted
08-25-2010, 04:18 PM
btw guys seeing as some of you aren't grasping this it seems, this is not an official change! This is a 3rd party controller. Regular DS3 will still be made!

RaiDae
08-25-2010, 07:21 PM
......okkkkkaaayyy.
So... this is basically designed for any 360 player that got a ps3 for the exclusives? I can't imagine why else they would make it.... but heyho. It's not the official controller, so i'm happy. ...i can't use 360 controlers... i just can't.... it doesn't sit right. Like trying to utilise a glove as a sock... just don't work for me.

rainbowxpanda
08-25-2010, 09:05 PM
i wish i had a controller like this but i don't think i could cause that would be a big ADD thing for me and i would get distracted by the lights while playing

Subb
08-25-2010, 11:03 PM
i wish i had a controller like this but i don't think i could cause that would be a big ADD thing for me and i would get distracted by the lights while playing

lol ud be like oooooooooooo look at those pretty lights and id be like heyyyyy come on keep up with meeee

LemonRising
08-28-2010, 11:28 PM
I could see it being useful for people who have both a ps3 and an xbox
Whenever I go to my cousin's place to play xbox I'm totally lost because the controllers are fairly different.

I do prefer the ps3 controllers though, they have better symmetry~
mmmmmm symmetry

I do like the glowing buttons : D

EpsilonX
08-28-2010, 11:31 PM
I like the handles on the 360 controller, but much prefer the buttons (and control stick positions) of the ps3 controller. I won't get this

LemonRising
08-28-2010, 11:36 PM
I like the handles on the 360 controller, but much prefer the buttons (and control stick positions) of the ps3 controller. I won't get this

I believe I agree completely.