PDA

View Full Version : PlayStation Plus subscribers getting discounted Protection Plan

DirtyDMan
08-24-2010, 11:12 PM
PlayStation Plus subscribers will be able to purchase a PlayStation 3 Protection Plan for 25 percent off the original price. Sony Computer Entertainment America says this represents the continued goal of providing Plus subscribers with exclusive offerings and greater value.

The Protection Plan, an extended service plan for PS3 and PSP systems, was introduced earlier this year. It allows owners to purchase additional one or two years of coverage. The plan features free shipping, no hidden fees or deductibles and utilization of OEM parts and service technicians.

Plus subscribers will be able to purchase a two-year PS3 plan for $49.99 (original price $59.99). The standard one-year plan (for non Plus subscribers) is $49.99, meaning you can get two years for the price of one if you subscribe to Plus. The catch, so to speak, is that your PS3 must still be within its one-year original manufacturer’s warranty

PlayStation Plus subscribers getting discounted Protection Plan -- PlayStation Universe (http://www.psu.com/news/9618)

This is kinda kool even tho this doesnt help me since my PS3 has pasted the warranty a long long time ago... I can see this being a good thing for some people...

Yet I have PS Plus and I'm not to happy with it... Until they start giving out beta code/better free games/ cross talk etc.... I say dont get it b/c it really not worth it unless you buy stuff off the PSN store a lot... If you do that then you get discounts on certain items...

Kenoi
08-25-2010, 06:49 AM
I haven't checked the ps store at all ever since I've owned a ps3, but what's the difference? (of the discounts)

like a big discount? or a small one?

DirtyDMan
08-25-2010, 07:34 AM
well most things only cost between $10-$20 on the psn store... so if something cost $10 and if its an item thats covered on your ps plus then you get like a $2-$4 dollar discount.....

Kenoi
08-25-2010, 01:47 PM
yeah, you're right, I guess its not worth getting. My friend cannot wait for the demo for kane & lynch 2, so he had to get ps plus. he just cant wait for the game to come out soon...