PDA

View Full Version : Dance Dance Revolution

LiNuX
08-11-2007, 11:46 PM
Dance Dance Revolution is another music and rhythm genre game. It came out a few years back and can be found in your local arcade, the PC and PS2. I haven't checked to see if it's out for other consoles. But this isn't actually a review lol.

I've played this game for my PS2 (borrowed mat from friend) and it was just really fun lol. Anyone else play it?

It's a workout along with fun, i never mastered it tho, but I remember scoring high ;-)

lonewolfxix
08-12-2007, 05:25 AM
I originally asked my dad to buy a dance mat so I could play the free open source PC version, but he has bought a load of dance mats so we have loads, I can generally score pretty high on DDR now and I must say the health benefits to this game are awesome, my legs are a lot stronger, infact I know a really hot girl who used it as her exercise every day (omg she's fit in more than one way ;) ) I can generally score pretty high too, I'm meant to be making a video of a few games for someone I convinced to do one on youtube who was absolutely new to it lol, it's pretty easy to get used to it.. you can get a ps1 2 dance mats and 3 or more games for about $4-$6 on ebay, it's worth a look. It's not considered very gamer-ish but it's actually pretty fun and it beats having a heart attack at age 27.

LiNuX
08-12-2007, 04:48 PM
its really fun, this girl at work today was telling me how she was playing on her ps2 last nite lol, weird how it all comes together in my life

lonewolfxix
08-13-2007, 08:57 AM
It's pretty fun to play, and before you'd have to spend on average $60 for a mat and $60 for a game you can now get 2 complete with games and a playstation for $10, it's worth it if you want exercise and don't like the idea of gym or going outside rofl

Drake14
08-13-2007, 09:15 AM
hm. i probably wouldn't play that, although i may have played it once or twice before, i'd rather play O2Jam for the PC. it's really fun and really addicting :D

lonewolfxix
08-13-2007, 09:19 AM
O2Jam? i've never heard of that one.. got a link? I'll check it out when my PC is working again ^^

Drake14
08-13-2007, 09:21 AM
http://www.o2jam.com.my/

it may seem a bit hard at first, but what games like these aren't? You'll get used to it real quick :D

wifi
08-21-2007, 02:37 PM
o2jam sounds interesting, lol and about DDR, there are thousands of videos on youtube, its pretty amazing, i've tried it although im not the best :-P

lonewolfxix
08-21-2007, 06:28 PM
Seems I need to get my pc running again to play o2Jam, does it need a high spec pc or will a really low end one get away with it? I may just try and get xp on this temp pc to play it if i can

Drake14
08-21-2007, 08:19 PM
You shouldn't need anything to high end to play it. There aren't like, super intense graphics or anything. You can probably find a video on youtube, just to see what the gameplay is like.

lonewolfxix
08-22-2007, 04:58 AM
Haha but my temp pc right now is along these lines...
Intel Celeron 700 (lame, you can buy these chips cheaper than a pack of dorritos.)
384mb of PC100 RAM (yeah.. like 3 packs of dorritos lol)
10Gb harddrive (have i mentioned dorritos?)
32mb graphics card (i bought this for about the price of a steak 3 years ago, I expect I may get a pack of dorritos for it now :D)

Drake14
08-22-2007, 07:36 AM
Hm, well, that could be a slight problem lol, Upgrade your PC and it should run fine :)

lonewolfxix
08-22-2007, 10:49 AM
This is my temporary pc lol, my usual pc (currently in need of repairs and upgrading at same time) is worth loads more dorritos :D I'm going to use Dorritos as my currency from now on.

Metallica1983
10-03-2007, 06:09 PM
i have played it in the arcade and i have it for xbox

Jasperking
10-03-2007, 06:11 PM
i would play this if i had a mat rofl. But i dont and i dont think i am going to buy one