Civilization V
(Release Date: 09/21/10 Platform: PC)

System Requirements:
Operating System: Windows® XP SP3/ Windows® Vista SP2/ Windows® 7
Processor: Dual Core CPU
Memory: 2GB RAM
Hard Disk Space: 8 GB Free
DVD-ROM Drive: Required for disc-based installation
Video: 256 MB ATI HD2600 XT or better, 256 MB nVidia 7900 GS or better, or Core i3 or better integrated graphics
Sound: DirectX 9.0c-compatible sound card
DirectX®: DirectX® version 9.0c

The sequel to Civilization IV (2006), with incredible new features including:

Believable World - Enhanced Video and Audio. Vast new landscapes to explore in the world of Civilization
New Presentation - Revision of the UI (User Interface) featuring advisers that will welcome newcomers and veterans.
Huge Battles - Improved battle sequences that will grip the user in awe.
Live History - Write and alter the course of history with the choices that you make.
Improved Diplomacy - Decisions of previous rulers and emperors in the past Civilization games will act to their advantage.
In-game Community Hub - Endless players that are willing to play online providing endless possibilities of game outcomes.
Modability - With new modding tools there are several possible ways to customize the game options.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/511ASV5MqvL._AA300_.jpg

I am thinking about getting it, because I have always been a fan of this strategy franchise. What do you guys think of this game?

Jaykub
09-12-2010, 06:53 PM
Do you have the system requirements?

LiNuX
09-12-2010, 07:57 PM
I have Civ IV around here somewhere, it didn't feel as good as Civ III used to back in the day so I probably have maybe 5-6 hours of play on Civ IV before I called it a waste of money. Don't think I'll get this one, might try a demo if available thru steam or something.

Slayer509
09-12-2010, 08:37 PM
Do you have the system requirements?

Thanks for reminding me, I knew I was forgetting something. I edited my original post to show the system requirements. I hope they help. :)

jango
09-13-2010, 01:45 AM
I'm seriously thinking of getting it too Slayer. I added some previews for it to my site if they're of any interest (Civilization V previews/reviews (http://www.macksites.co.uk/GameBank/index.php?topic=303.0)), although it hasn't helped me decide yet lol. The main thing holding me back atm is the gameplay angle .. coming from an Age of Empires, Anno 1404 (Dawn of Discovery), Settlers etc etc background I'm not 100% it's for me.

BobTD
09-13-2010, 04:31 PM
Yeah, im getting it for sure. I really like any strategy game almost and while revolution was silly and I skipped it this seems to be something I would enjoy.

On a side note, jango have you played Alpha centauri?

After a very nice expansion, doubling the list of factions, and introducing two non-human factions with a different tech victory condition and an inherent opposition to humanity, with a language barrier and the prevention of certain victory conditions while present, the talent behind SMAC returned to work on future Civilization games, including the also excellent Civilization 4, but the complexity of the series peaked here, in the bizarre sci-fi spin-off.

http://www.kekkai.org/google/devilsadvocate/alpha-centauri.shtml

jango
09-13-2010, 04:34 PM
On a side note, jango have you played Alpha centauri?

Strangely my first answer was going to be 'no', but then having said that the name REALLY rings a bell. I play a lot of games so it might've got lost in the mix :S

Slayer509
09-13-2010, 07:39 PM
I'm seriously thinking of getting it too Slayer. I added some previews for it to my site if they're of any interest (Civilization V previews/reviews (http://www.macksites.co.uk/GameBank/index.php?topic=303.0)), although it hasn't helped me decide yet lol. The main thing holding me back atm is the gameplay angle .. coming from an Age of Empires, Anno 1404 (Dawn of Discovery), Settlers etc etc background I'm not 100% it's for me.

Yeah I know what you mean. Is it that the game is really focused on a turn-based strategy. Sometimes that just gets a little annoying for me.

BobTD
09-13-2010, 07:43 PM
Strangely my first answer was going to be 'no', but then having said that the name REALLY rings a bell. I play a lot of games so it might've got lost in the mix :S

Its also the name of the nearest possible colinizsable solar system in oriions belt. So I guess the only wau to be sure is to click the link. =P

jango
09-13-2010, 07:48 PM
Its also the name of the nearest possible colinizsable solar system in oriions belt. So I guess the only wau to be sure is to click the link. =P

I think I can differentiate between a solar system and a game .. I'm not 'that' crazy .. yet ..

ghegpatatas
09-19-2010, 06:58 AM
haven't played any civilization game. i might try this though

Charlotte
09-19-2010, 07:20 AM
I hate this kind of game.

cause we looks from above.

LiNuX
09-19-2010, 10:09 AM
I hate this kind of game.

cause we looks from above.

that's the looks of a strategy games.

Blackleo
09-20-2010, 10:07 PM
Will this game be multiplayer ? If it is I'll get it if you get it Linux.

Charlotte
09-21-2010, 04:39 AM
that's the looks of a strategy games.

That why I also hate WoW!
I dun know why peeps really love it.

jango
09-21-2010, 04:44 AM
That why I also hate WoW!
I dun know why peeps really love it.

well WoW isn't a strategy game ..

Charlotte
09-21-2010, 04:49 AM
well WoW isn't a strategy game ..

But WoW also we look from above. :S

jango
09-21-2010, 04:50 AM
But WoW also we look from above. :S

Nope .. you can play in different views, even first-person ..

Charlotte
09-21-2010, 05:02 AM
Nope .. you can play in different views, even first-person ..

I never knew that. :(

Blackleo
09-21-2010, 09:14 PM
Yeah WoW is ... nvm. Anyways CIV is multi so I shall get it, I played Ages of Empire II and III but not any CIV so kinda the same thing yes ?

LiNuX
09-21-2010, 09:19 PM
Yeah WoW is ... nvm. Anyways CIV is multi so I shall get it, I played Ages of Empire II and III but not any CIV so kinda the same thing yes ?

Civilization games are turn based. Meaning when it's your turn, you do everything and you can move your units the set number of spaces on the map per turn and once you're done, your enemy goes and then you go again.

I have civ II and III somewhere, next time you're over, I'll see if we can try it out. Gotta find the CDs. Haven't seen them since I moved like 4 years ago.

jango
09-22-2010, 03:02 AM
CIV is multi so I shall get it

I have it pre-installed as of last night, so I'm ready to roll :)

Blackleo
09-22-2010, 10:11 PM
Wow where did you pre-install it from ?

LiNuX
09-22-2010, 11:29 PM
Wow where did you pre-install it from ?

Through steam. It should let you preinstall if you preorder there.

Blackleo
09-26-2010, 08:12 AM
Just by playing the demo I started to see what was Jango talking about in his review, for me personally the "addiction" comes from the state of believing that I am am actual part of history. Which is great, I was unfamiliar at first with the gameplay because this is the first CIV game for me. Anyways I caught on quick and get very lissed whenthe demo ends. In conclusion I will get the real game today ! Hey Jango ! Up for some multiplayer later on haha ><

jango
09-26-2010, 01:08 PM
Just by playing the demo I started to see what was Jango talking about in his review, for me personally the "addiction" comes from the state of believing that I am am actual part of history. Which is great, I was unfamiliar at first with the gameplay because this is the first CIV game for me. Anyways I caught on quick and get very lissed whenthe demo ends. In conclusion I will get the real game today ! Hey Jango ! Up for some multiplayer later on haha ><

Finally .. someone sees my madness!!!! :p

Yeah it might be funny to do it on multiplayer .. I've mostly been doing SP and skirmish so far, although a friend of mine also has it but I think we've both been transfixed by its addictiveness to get together lol. One epic moment from last night was when I accidentally nuked my own territory ... sneezing does funny things if you don't let go of the mouse ..

Raoul
11-12-2010, 04:43 AM
Civilization V looks very beautiful in the graphics and the game play is great. This game is a great strategy game to play

Blackleo
12-26-2010, 10:39 AM
So Linux what is your take on this game ?! ;)

LiNuX
12-26-2010, 11:16 AM
So Linux what is your take on this game ?! ;)

I don't wanna talk about it.

Jayhmmz
12-26-2010, 11:20 AM
I take it that the game has made a bad impression on you, then? :P

LiNuX
12-26-2010, 11:24 AM
I take it that the game has made a bad impression on you, then? :P

Let's just say it brought back old feelings.

I used to play Civ III non-stop for like 14-15 hours a day.

Then when I got Civ4, it didn't really interest me as much - felt they took away from the older versions. So I have maybe 10-15 hours of total gameplay on that.

But now Civ5 is feels better than the older versions. Probably because I didn't play Civ3 in maybe 4-5 years.

But yeah...I like Civ5. I wish It didn't take up so much time. I lost track of time on Christmas eve and played til like 4 am when I told myself I'll let it go at midnight.

jango
12-26-2010, 11:34 AM
do the 'set up game' option and change the speed of turn-taking .. normally a sp game for me takes an hour with some tweaks

LiNuX
12-26-2010, 11:45 AM
do the 'set up game' option and change the speed of turn-taking .. normally a sp game for me takes an hour with some tweaks

that was my first game - I just went with the default settings.

jango
12-26-2010, 11:55 AM
that was my first game - I just went with the default settings.

Aye I think most people do .. before long you'll be thanking me for that advice tho, because the games get sped-up massively without cutting corners on gamelpay :p :p

LiNuX
12-26-2010, 11:56 AM
Aye I think most people do .. before long you'll be thanking me for that advice tho, because the games get sped-up massively without cutting corners on gamelpay :p :p

That's cool. I remember seeing that setting. I don't remember it on the older versions though. So that's pretty nice.

I used to finish Civ3 games in like 7-8 hours. But back then it was ok because I really didn't have other responsibilities lol.

Raoul
01-13-2011, 05:21 AM
How is Civilization 5 I only played Civilization 4 and that game is really an awesome game. Maybe I buy Civilization 5 i think:-/

EgorViking
02-26-2011, 03:29 AM
Civilization 5 is very good game, im played 2 moths

kg984
03-23-2011, 05:45 PM
good game...........

HamadaLFC8
03-23-2011, 05:45 PM

umm could you please explain this?

Edit: lol @ editing post

Kletskeh
03-26-2011, 08:38 AM
It probably doesn't come out for xbox ?
I'd like to buy it.

josephian
04-02-2011, 06:17 AM
Good day! Any Product code for Civ5? Please.

paecmaker
04-02-2011, 06:23 AM
Good day! Any Product code for Civ5? Please.

This wasnt a true good first post. Why do you need a product code for civ5? If you downloaded the game you can expect no help from here. But if you didnt explain some please.

And if you plan to be a part off this forum please introduce yourself.

Saph
04-02-2011, 10:56 AM
Civilization almost always comes for PC mainly =S I see very few overhead view games for Xbox360, or maybe I just havnt looked in the right places...

Exentenzed
05-18-2011, 06:56 AM
Just bought it!

Installing it naaaow! :)