PDA

View Full Version : Linkin Park - A Thousand Suns

LiNuX
09-14-2010, 03:22 PM
I know some of you may know that I'm a big Linkin Park fan and have been since their Hybrid Theory album about a decade ago. Their new album "A Thousand Suns" released earlier today and I know a few people are getting it. I was wondering if anyone here was getting it.

I may or may not get it. They changed their style of music again and I haven't been as into them since their Meteora album like 7 years ago but I still do listen to them.

Here is one of the songs released already called "The Catalyst"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51iquRYKPbs

This is the other one called "Waiting for the End"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDVhNcvB6FY

EpsilonX
09-14-2010, 04:55 PM
I thought the Catalyst was alright, Wretches and Kings was meh, but that bottom one is horrible.

Though, I hear that the album is great if you listen to it front to back

you can stream the whole album here (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/online_downloads/linkin_park_stream_entire_new_album.html), and here (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/review/38969/Linkin-Park-A-Thousand-Suns/)'s a review.

LemonRising
09-14-2010, 05:04 PM
Wow they really changed their style again.
Not liking it. catalyst was just .. ehh .. a mess.

LiNuX
09-14-2010, 05:38 PM
I thought the Catalyst was alright, Wretches and Kings was meh, but that bottom one is horrible.

Though, I hear that the album is great if you listen to it front to back

you can stream the whole album here (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/online_downloads/linkin_park_stream_entire_new_album.html), and here (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/review/38969/Linkin-Park-A-Thousand-Suns/)'s a review.

Thanks for the link. It doesn't stream in there though, it's on the LP mySpace page: Linkin Park on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads
(http://www.myspace.com/linkinpark/music/albums/a-thousand-suns-16586225)

Blackleo
09-14-2010, 05:45 PM
I guess it will take sometime for my ears to adjust to the constant bleeding ... eh they did say they were changing it I expect something way more different and worse but this is bearable.

A big con is that you can barely hear the lyrics, which should be a highly important part of the record.

I am disappointed in the intros they have in every other track. Like come on ... and I am now on Wretches and Kings .... didn't I just heard the intro to this on track 2 ? The Radiance ?

Mike ... started out with 2 tracks saying Yea ... yea ... eh idk. Maybe it will take sometime to get used to and try to hear the lyrics.

Well will sign up to Underground though, always wanted to. Anyways LP ya still rock it's cool if ya wanna change your swag into a new swag just find ya beat and rock it !

Jaykub
09-14-2010, 06:19 PM
Thats a pretty good song. I didn't even know they had a new album out :/

LemonRising
09-14-2010, 08:02 PM
A big con is that you can barely hear the lyrics, which should be a highly important part of the record.

Agreed, I've always found linkin park to be about lyrics, but their new album seems to be more focused on sound.

LiNuX
09-14-2010, 08:04 PM
I just listened to the stream of their album, I had no problem with listening to the lyrics.

p.s. I started listening to LP because of their music, not lyrics. I think, "Points of Authority" was the first song that I heard which pulled me in. "In the End" was one of the first too.

jango
09-14-2010, 08:05 PM
For me Linkin Park is one of those bands I can appreciate what they're doing, but wouldn't go out of my way to listen to. Not sure which of the tracks I prefered really .. I'm kinda in the same camp as Lemonz.

zavatar11
09-14-2010, 08:49 PM
its epic plus even more with the MoH vid but im really looking forward 2 black ops

LemonRising
09-14-2010, 08:53 PM
lol i was always a fan of their earlier stuff. Well I wouldn't really call myself a fan, but it was listenable to.

wrong thread, zavatar? lol

EpsilonX
09-14-2010, 09:20 PM
They have songs i absolutely love, such as In the End and Numb. But i'm not a fan of them as a band. I have a weird relationship with that band. But yes, In the End I'm a big fan of. Story time: on an old Megaman X-based RPG site me and some friends ran, one of them tried to make a flash intro video and it had the song In the End playing with pictures of X, Zero, Axl, and someone else I think with like staticy backgrounds and descriptions of the plot of the RPG. It was amazing. Whenever I hear the song that's what I think of

@Linux: I know it doesn't stream there, I just didn't feel like going to that page and getting the link where you stream it.

The more I listen to it, the more I like The Catalyst. I have a feeling everybody's just gonna shrug this album off. I'm thinking about picking it up now, if the other songs are as good as the catalyst

Charlotte
09-15-2010, 09:02 AM
In my opinion, this is album doesn't got better than any other album that they released before.

The Catalyst, first time me watched the music video on MTV Asia, I'm thinking of awesome yeh yeh yeh, Linkin Park is back with new music video! But the song, tbh, I don't really like it.

Cool video but terrible song. :(

EpsilonX
09-15-2010, 10:27 AM
I hated the song "The Catalyst" at first because it was way different than the rest of their stuff, and to be honest I was hoping they went back to their roots, I wanted another "in the end" but I listened to it a few more times so I could hear it for what it was, not what I wanted it to be, and really enjoyed it. Anybody who doesn't like the change in style should listen to it for what it is and see if it's good that way. If you want another Hybrid Theory or Meteora of course you won't like it.

Knibbler
09-15-2010, 12:26 PM
I don't much like there new album!
The Catalyst is somewhat a decent(?) track...
I think I'll stick to there previous albums..

LemonRising
09-15-2010, 02:03 PM
I hated the song "The Catalyst" at first because it was way different than the rest of their stuff, and to be honest I was hoping they went back to their roots, I wanted another "in the end" but I listened to it a few more times so I could hear it for what it was, not what I wanted it to be, and really enjoyed it. Anybody who doesn't like the change in style should listen to it for what it is and see if it's good that way. If you want another Hybrid Theory or Meteora of course you won't like it.

I was wondering if that's why I didn't like it, but listening to it again I can say naw, it's just not something i'm into. Shame but that happens lol.

Kind of like Brody Dalle going from the distillers to her new stuff. ) :

EpsilonX
09-15-2010, 08:35 PM
OMFG. My friend loves the distillers. Brody kissing herslelf in a mirror is his computer wallpaper.

But I gotta say, I'm really enjoying the song's I've heard from the album. I'm probably going to pick it up.

jango
09-15-2010, 08:36 PM
OMFG. My friend loves the distillers. Brody kissing herslelf in a mirror is his computer wallpaper.

aye they're very cool in my book too, I have a couple of their albums ;)

also, I have a soft spot for punk chicks ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0jHnWbbFjI

Metallica1983
10-19-2010, 09:03 PM
I'm a big LP fan too but I only like two songs off the new album Kings and Wenches and The Catalyst its hard not to like that song

Th3-devils-princess
10-20-2010, 04:04 AM
I'm not sure on there new stuff some of it is okay .... But I still don't know :)

Aniki
10-20-2010, 05:26 AM
:o You're a LP fan too? =3

Th3-devils-princess
10-20-2010, 08:00 AM
lol they are just a little bit awesome but there old stuff rocks :)

LiNuX
10-20-2010, 08:05 AM
lol they are just a little bit awesome but there old stuff rocks :)

Agreed. Meteora is still my favorite album. None of their new songs grew into me yet except for "Waiting for the end" - and that's even just a little bit...

Th3-devils-princess
10-20-2010, 08:08 AM
yeah Meteora is my fav as well and Waiting for the end i kinda liked but i still think they could have done some much better stuff :)

LiNuX
10-20-2010, 08:13 AM
yeah Meteora is my fav as well and Waiting for the end i kinda liked but i still think they could have done some much better stuff :)

Yeah, agreed with that too. Mike needs to go back to rapping and Chester back to random screaming.

I still haven't gotten this album, I heard their stream already - didn't impress me enough to buy. Even Minutes to Midnight had some good stuff and I bought that when it came out and I thought MTM was their worst album until now.

But maybe it'll grow on me...probably will take a while at this rate.

Th3-devils-princess
10-20-2010, 08:25 AM
yeah agreed i think it will take a long long time to grow lol :)
"Mike needs to go back to rapping and Chester back to random screaming." that would be epic if they did that lol i think i would make their new album so much better :) :) :)

Diligence109
10-20-2010, 09:42 AM
Linkin Park will always have a special place in my heart... they were my middle school and early high school XD

I remember hearing that they were putting out a new album, I'll have to give this a fair front to back listen to see if they can redeem themselves from the formulaic tragedy, Minutes to Midnight. I've never tried my hand at an album review before but I definitely know enough about music and this band to try my hand at it... maybe I'll do one up and post it :)

Iceskater101
10-21-2010, 09:23 AM
some people don't like the new album but I like it
I listen to the Catalyst all the time!
Its a good song

dylanm504
10-21-2010, 03:55 PM
man linkin park rox!!! im listening to In the End right now and i plan on listening to Crawling next! :D

i love this guys! keep me updated on this stuff!