PDA

View Full Version : Splinter Cell producer: PS3 can't handle AI nearly as well as the 360

Scott
08-14-2007, 06:18 AM
Today, When Gameplayer spoke a developer from Ubisoft, and asked him about Splinter Cell: Conviction showing up for other consoles, he replied

?It?s NEVER gonna come out on the PS3 or the Wii.? It?s a logical decision. Nintendo?s console simply doesn?t have the graphical horsepower, and he candidly told us how the PS3 can?t handle AI nearly as well as the 360.

http://gamers-creed.com/?p=315

I have yet to see smart AI, let alone in any stealth game.

In other news, Factor 5 says Lair can't be done on 360

cwbolton
08-14-2007, 06:24 AM
its true xbox 360 is great at handling ai ive seen a 360 handle up to 19 ai's on need for speed carbon and it was so smooth too its amazing

lonewolfxix
08-14-2007, 07:14 AM
Wtf's Lair? rofl, I must really not care about it... Splinter Cell? not on PS3? OH YES!!! I must say I prefer the AI in Gears of War to the AI in Resistance hehe.. So if the AI can't be handled easily, I wonder if Konami will switch MGS to 360 ^^

360 can handle 19 AI's? can you have that many on screen at once? the PC can handle 100's of AI's at once at max graphics.. you just have to spend a fair ammount to get it :P

Well.. actually.. no ya don't.. it's easier nowadays.. with quadcore processors under $300.

cwbolton
08-14-2007, 10:48 AM
yeah no its a racing game the camera follows you so yeah they can be behind infront everywhere and i think it could probably handle more well ook at c&c for 360 every soldier is an ai so god only knows how many AI'S it can handle

Gamoc
08-14-2007, 03:27 PM
He was probably bought out my Nintendo.

Ubisoft had already said that Splinter Cell: Conviction would not be possible on the PS3 as it was built from ground up with the 360 archtecture in mind. That been said, The same developers have already said, Naruto: Rise of the Ninja will not be possible on any other console as well, sounds logical since it was built up from the ground for the 360 as well.

It's not so much that the PS3 can't, it's that the game was designed for the 360, and the consoles are very different, obviously. To get it on the ps3, they'd have redesign it for the ps3, which is why it won't work, because they're lazy and cheap, not because of the ps3 not being able to handle the AI as well.

LiNuX
08-14-2007, 04:43 PM
its all sheer competition, ubisoft was bribed into saying that so sony fails - its what microsoft is good at lol, killing off its competitors, thats my theory for that