PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360’s First Mouse Controller Revealed

DirtyDMan
09-18-2010, 10:55 AM
Despite Microsoft’s insistence that the Xbox 360 did not require a mouse controller, and that none should be made available, this week’s Tokyo Game Show (TGS) heralded some unexpected news. Not only has a mouse controller been developed for the console, but it’s also shipping to retail globally as you read this.

Quietly released earlier this year in Japan, Bannco’s Scorch Wireless Laser Mouse Controller Set features a high-end 2.4G wireless laser mouse that works in conjunction with an analog controller, similar in its design to that of the Wii Remote or PlayStation Move’s Navigation Controller. With adjustable sensitivity and full Electronic Theatre Imagecross-platform support for both Xbox 360 and PC, the Scorch Wireless Laser Mouse Controller Set is the most advanced universal cross-platform gaming tool in the world. A cross-platform PlayStation 3 and PC version of the device has been available for over a year.

Bannco’s Scorch Wireless Laser Mouse Controller Set also features programmable buttons and upgradeable firmware provides unprecedented levels of customisation. The ultra-high resolution laser mouse and pistol grip is presented as “the best game controller in the world”, though the jury will remain out on that one until the Electronic Theatre team has had a chance to try the device for ourselves.

No official European release date has been announced for the device, but as stated above, the unit is shipping to retailers now and will probably be available early next week. Electronic Theatre will keep you updated with all the latest details on Scorch’s Wireless Laser Mouse Controller Set, and other forthcoming Xbox 360 mouse controllers.

http://electronictheatre.co.uk/images/xbox360/scorch_360_mouse_controller.jpg

Xbox 360’s First Mouse Controller Revealed (http://www.electronictheatre.co.uk/index.php/xbox360/xbxo360-news/5852-xbox-360s-first-mouse-controller-revealed)

I probably wont ever get one but It look pretty kool... Even if I did had one I would never us it....

Jaykub
09-18-2010, 10:58 AM
And yet another way to suck the money out of 360 fanboys.

I wonder if anyone will actually buy it.

Iceskater101
09-18-2010, 11:00 AM
I would not buy this
lol.

jango
09-18-2010, 11:41 AM
Lol .. one day they'll just admit the obvious and release a PC version of this and the world will be a better place :p

BobTD
09-18-2010, 12:49 PM
And yet another way to suck the money out of 360 fanboys.

I wonder if anyone will actually buy it.

a mouse and keyboard are far superior to the 360 controller, and this is really an issue because they way people play consol games is different then PC gamers. I have played Modern Warfare on both the pc and 360 and let me tell you....

Snipers are going to have a field day. This is a major advantage and even Im tempted to pick it up just so I dont get blown away by the competition.

Play Search
09-20-2010, 06:40 PM
I don't think it would feel the same as a PC. If I wanted to play with a mouse and keyboard, I wouldn't be playing Xbox.

Sweet Chaos
10-01-2010, 08:58 PM
I don't think it would feel the same as a PC. If I wanted to play with a mouse and keyboard, I wouldn't be playing Xbox.

I agree with this 100%. Granted, I WOULD like to get into more PC shooters, but that's not why I have my 360. Mouse = computer...

EpsilonX
10-01-2010, 10:18 PM
You could use it with Halo Wars

LemonRising
10-01-2010, 10:25 PM
That's.... pretty ugly. lol

If I were to have an xbox, I'd use a controllar. Not a mouse.

HamadaLFC8
10-02-2010, 04:59 AM
Might be ok for strategy games ... but still like ... wtf? XD

Charlotte
10-02-2010, 07:05 AM
You can play shooter game better with mouse compare to control pad. :D

Melodic
10-02-2010, 09:59 AM
You can play shooter game better with mouse compare to control pad. :D

lol.. so true.. shooter game + mouse = feels like you are at your full potential..

leetspot
10-23-2010, 10:24 AM
in my opinion, Xbox with mouse is not a xbox anymore