PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane Katrina: 1 Year Later

Twigz
08-28-2006, 03:54 PM
I'm not from or wasn't born in New Orleans, but I could understand losing it all...which is what they did last year when they were devastated by Hurricane Katrina...in spite of the stupidness of their mayor Ray Nagin (that's right, I said stupid) making those quotes about New York...I still want to lay tribute to them and I hope that everything can come back to normal soon... :'(....if you have anything to say about this situation, express it right here...

LiNuX
08-28-2006, 03:58 PM
stupid katrina, killed all those people, and it was horrifying, that dude american idol winner, the guy with the gray hair came from new orleans, he is the new american idol, not everything bad happened cuz of katrina, he went to las vegas because of katrina, so he has the hurricane to thank for his success and he better donate money to the katrina relief

Twigz
08-28-2006, 04:05 PM
Taylor Hicks was from New Orleans? Wow, he needs to give something with all that money he's making now...

LiNuX
08-28-2006, 04:17 PM
yea he's from new orleans, they were evacuating the city and they gave him a free plane ticket to anywhere in the US. and he chose las vegas, and thats there the american idol tryouts were and he tried out and then u know wat happened after that

TheKing
08-28-2006, 04:44 PM
My heart goes out to all of the Katrina Victims

http://bbsnews.net/bbsn_photos/topics/hurricane_katrina/14800_G.sized.jpg

Twigz
08-29-2006, 11:05 AM
BTW, they had a special on NBC last night with Brian Williams (one of my favorite journalists) talking about his experiences in New Orleans after the hurricane. He is very articulate when it comes to naural disasters like this.

diablo
08-30-2006, 12:05 PM
katrina's anniversary is on linux's birthday lol, how weird :o

Twigz
08-30-2006, 01:53 PM
Wow, I honestly didn't know that...maybe it's a sign... :-/