PDA

View Full Version : Bungie Punishes 15,000 Halo: Reach Cheaters

DirtyDMan
10-03-2010, 11:04 AM
http://www.1up.com/media?id=3837570&type=lg

If you think you've figured out a sneaky way to get ahead of the pack in Halo: Reach's multiplayer, be warned: Bungie may be on to you, and they don't take kindly to cheaters. The developer has announced that they recently discovered an in-game workaround many players have used to quickly accrue in-game credits, and they've since punished a whopping 15,000 players who exploited the glitch.

"Specifically, we targeted an exploit that allowed players to complete a Challenge 20+ times via intentional network manipulation (i.e., disconnects.)," Bungie explained in a forum post announcing the punishments. "Spot checks have revealed the telltale signature of this behavior on every denier so far, so don't be fooled by the protests of innocence. We aren't."

As punishment, Bungie has wiped out the in-game credits of those found to be using the exploit. They also issued these players a one-day ban from earning credits, "mostly to ensure that recipients receive an in-game notification of the action taken." Bungie also insists that "as with any such measure, we have taken the time to carefully select our criteria to eliminate false positives."

And they're not done yet, so if you feel like trying to figure out this exploit yourself, be warned. "A more comprehensive pass will be occurring in the coming week as our automated Banhammer mechanisms grow accurate enough to satisfy our high bar for burden of proof," the post reads. "If you are thinking about getting an easy 50k credits by using this exploit, I would strongly advise you to reconsider."

Bungie Punishes 15,000 Halo: Reach Cheaters (http://www.1up.com/news/bungie-punishes-15000-halo-reach)

This makes me smile and laugh.... :laugh: It's always good to see cheaters getting banned for trying to fig. out ways to rank up fast.... Lol...

HamadaLFC8
10-03-2010, 11:27 AM
YESSSS!!!! I love you Bungie!!!!!!!

blaze4556
10-03-2010, 04:40 PM
was worried for a second there because i joined my friends game yesterday to find out they were using a small work around to be invincable in firefight, which is how i gained the "reach 50 waves of enemies without dieing on legendary" achievement. Shouldnt get banned tho since i didnt earn any credits from it.

Jokersvirus
10-03-2010, 04:43 PM
people who cheat are sad little pathetic creatures who need to get beat with a cinderblock.

TimmoUK
10-03-2010, 05:06 PM
Haha love this. I don't see what they get from cheating the whole idea of the game is to build up and earn points by playing the game, not by cheating.

LiNuX
10-03-2010, 06:04 PM
They deserve it.

But if it was me, I'd put them in negative credits (if it's not possible, I'd make it happen).

jango
10-03-2010, 06:06 PM
glad to see this really .. my thoughts on this are much like joker's really - without the violent bit :p

blaze4556
10-03-2010, 06:12 PM
its like my dad used to say...cheating is fine as long as you dont get caught.

but i think he was talking about relationships :mask:

jango
10-03-2010, 06:13 PM
its like my dad used to say...cheating is fine as long as you dont get caught.

but i think he was talking about relationships :mask:

lol wtf ..

that's kinda messed-up hehe :p

blaze4556
10-03-2010, 06:32 PM
lol wtf ..

that's kinda messed-up hehe :p

he was a dirty man

jango
10-03-2010, 06:38 PM
he was a dirty man

lmao .. i guess so hehe

p.s. don't tell your gf this story :)

blaze4556
10-03-2010, 06:40 PM
lmao .. i guess so hehe

p.s. don't tell your gf this story :)

lol she'll beat me

Ilyich Valken
10-03-2010, 07:09 PM
was worried for a second there because i joined my friends game yesterday to find out they were using a small work around to be invincable in firefight, which is how i gained the "reach 50 waves of enemies without dieing on legendary" achievement. Shouldnt get banned tho since i didnt earn any credits from it.

Not really cheating, though. They made it possible to make yourself invincible and increase damage, making you basically an unkillable machine capable of taking out even the strongest enemies in a couple shots. Meaning, it's in the Firefight custom options.

blaze4556
10-03-2010, 07:11 PM
i guess so