PDA

View Full Version : Call of Duty: Black Ops Multiplayer Customization

DirtyDMan
10-03-2010, 11:20 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddqg4TA5Dmo

I really like this and being able to create a characters thats different from everyone else on the game is very kool in my opinion...

Shixx
10-04-2010, 06:28 PM
That is cool and I'm surprised it took this long.

jango
10-04-2010, 07:00 PM
Aye DirtyD, it does sound interesting .. but i have to confess I still haven't been convinced to get it yet :(

Jokersvirus
10-04-2010, 10:27 PM
Old news I knew this stuff like... a day ago :P

but seriously that looks awesome.

TimmoUK
10-05-2010, 01:17 PM
Looks pretty good, can't wait for it to come out. This and ACII are my must have's for November.

psychochick
10-07-2010, 08:47 AM
really looking forward to this game coming out :)

Kenoi
10-07-2010, 09:49 AM
wow, i'm kinda glad I reserved this game. haha.

I also hear you have to like play some online games in order to unlock weapons? is that so? thats kinda like call of duty: world at war where you gotta reach a certain level, and you get the weapon you want. I hear its similar to that... right? correct me if i'm wrong please

psychochick
10-07-2010, 09:55 AM
no ur right its said to be similar but does have some nice differences :) they will also have zombies which is the highlight from waw so should be interesting ...same people who made codwaw are making this one too so hopefully (and by the looks of things lol) it will do better :D

Kenoi
10-07-2010, 12:43 PM
I thought it was 'Treyarch' or somethin like that

Ilyich Valken
10-07-2010, 02:42 PM
wow, i'm kinda glad I reserved this game. haha.

I also hear you have to like play some online games in order to unlock weapons? is that so? thats kinda like call of duty: world at war where you gotta reach a certain level, and you get the weapon you want. I hear its similar to that... right? correct me if i'm wrong please

What it is now, is that once you unlock a section, it unlocks EVERYTHING in that section, then you have to buy it with money you get in MP matches.

Edit: Yes, it is Treyarch.

psychochick
10-07-2010, 02:53 PM
I thought it was 'Treyarch' or somethin like that

yes it treyarch same guys that made cod world at war lol

Kenoi
10-07-2010, 11:09 PM
yes it treyarch same guys that made cod world at war lol

I thought it was Activision that made world at war....

either way, both treyarch & activision are making this right? no more infinity ward right?

Ilyich Valken
10-08-2010, 09:08 AM
I thought it was Activision that made world at war....

either way, both treyarch & activision are making this right? no more infinity ward right?

Well, Infinity Ward is still around, but they've been greatly reduced (think Treyarch may've absorbed them). Activision is the publisher, not the developers themselves. Treyarch made CoD3 and WaW, and are now working on BO and any further CoD titles.

ericomega
10-21-2010, 04:57 PM
this is going to be a awesome game

Trigz
10-22-2010, 01:07 PM
yeah, ive been waiting for this for awhile. Like, having like a halo 3 customization like that is a cool thought. Like being able to have certain clothes, and helmets and stuff. Epic thought

W1CKEDTW1STED
10-29-2010, 10:29 AM
That is cool and I'm surprised it took this long.

Yes I agree, but you are forgetting that Infinity Ward didn't make this one. ;)

I'm curious to find out how good it really is. Thus far, the screen shots, and talks about it sound amazing.

darkgamer
10-29-2010, 03:19 PM
nice be getting that

WobbleSock
10-30-2010, 04:23 AM
This is just a dirty ploy by Activision/Treyarch to trick us gamers into purchasing their upcoming game.

For one, the idea of Customization does not add anything to gameplay value. I don't care if I can have a dildo with a smiley face for a silencer or a unicorn sticker stuck on my gun, I would rather have the developers focus 100% on making the gameplay exceed our expectations (Something that the CoD series hasn't done since CoD 2) than have them try to trick us into thinking the game itself will be great with just a few silly images that pretty much only you will give a ***** about.

Now, I can understand that there are a lot of people who are into artistic stuff and would like to be able to fix up their guns with pictures, but Black Ops also fails dramatically to provide modern textures & graphical improvements to make the customization options look good in the first place. To support my argument, I have found two images of Black Ops (One is a character ScreenShot, the other is an in-game ScreenShot) to support my argument, and I have pointed out a few of the graphical problems:

NOTE: I have wrapped the images with Spoiler Tags because they are pretty big images. The images do NOT spoil any of the Campaign storyline.

http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/32/callofdutyblackops20100l.jpg (http://img524.imageshack.us/i/callofdutyblackops20100l.jpg/)

As you can see, the rifle has a number of problems which I have highlighted in the above image. For example, if you look at the front of the iron sight it is completely smooth and the lighting is the same all over; it is basically just a single colour that has been shaped into the front piece of the iron sight.

http://img830.imageshack.us/img830/7194/callofdutyblackopsmulti.jpg (http://img830.imageshack.us/i/callofdutyblackopsmulti.jpg/)

Once again you can see the obvious signs of poor texture & render quality on the rifle. It doesn't feel or look smooth, so why on Earth would they be boasting about the apparently "Great" customization in Black Ops when they cant even get basic textures done correctly? It looks like they got the rifles from older PlayStation 2 games.

They are putting way too much emphasis on the customization instead of focusing on the most important aspect of the product; GAMEPLAY.. The game itself is nothing more than a mod of Modern Warfare 2, but to make it look like a new game they used a different setting and tried to coat everything with "Customization Features".

The CoD series failed on the 11th of November last year, don't fall for Activisions ploy to milk out as much money from the series as they can.

W1CKEDTW1STED
10-30-2010, 07:56 AM
Wow, excellent reply WobbleSock! Thanks for that.

Do you think they keep it simple so it will render much quicker for better performance on the console systems?

WobbleSock
10-30-2010, 09:17 AM
Do you think they keep it simple so it will render much quicker for better performance on the console systems?

Definitely not, the textures of the weapons look like something that belongs on the PS2 (As I said before).

Games like Killzone 2 for the PS3, which had State of the Art graphics and excellent textures worked perfectly fine. Not only that, but Crysis 2 will be released soon not only for the PC, but for the PS3 & Xbox 360 too and if you played Crysis on the Ps3 then you will know that the CryTek engine is the most graphically superior engine we have at the moment.

Speaking of Crysis 2, I highly reccomend this game when it comes out. Just look at some of the screenshots (I am very fond of the second one):

http://forevergeek.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/crysis_450x3601.jpg

http://gamesnomundo.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/crysis2fn2.jpg

http://www.techpowerup.com/img/08-01-16/592.jpg

http://www.tweakguides.com/images/Crysis_2.jpg

This game has apparently been handled well on the consoles, and judging from the reception of the Killzone 3 BETA that game handles well too and all PS3 users know about Killzones amazing graphics.

This shoddy, poorly made mockery of decent graphics displayed by Black Ops is just shameful to FPS gaming in general; Treyarch has absolutely no excuse for it.

Ilyich Valken
10-30-2010, 05:39 PM
So... wherein do graphics represent gameplay? You acted like that was going to be the main point of your argument then went headlong into a rant about the graphics. Who cares if the game doesn't look completely realistic? As you said originally, gameplay>graphics/gimmicks. Not only that, no one's ever said CoD was the best looking game, because it isn't. Hell, even Reach looks better than MW2/BO. Not to mention, it's Treyarch making the game. They've always just taken the previous game's engine and added some small things (if any). Treyarch always has been the retard child of Activision. Sure, they listen to their fans and made the widely popular Nazi Zombies, but World at War's multiplayer was never as good/fun as CoD4's.

WobbleSock
10-30-2010, 06:31 PM
You just said it yourself; Black Ops will most likely be heavily based on Modern Warfare 2, which was an abomination of an FPS. Lag problems, poor host migration, unbalanced weapons & killstreaks, glitches in maps etc.

Modern Warfare 2 not only has been screwed with poor gameplay design, but a lot of the people that play it are ridicolous. Boosters in nearly every Free for All game, people hacking to 10th Prestige and the leaderboards, 10 year old children with mics constantly shouting at you...

The point of my argument was that Treyarch is trying to lull everyone into a sense false optimism with all this customization talk. The only things I can say good about Black Ops is indeed the Nazi Zombies (if they are called that) & the offline bot mode. The wager matches are nothing special, and within a few weeks whole clans will be going there to boost.

Ilyich Valken
10-30-2010, 10:22 PM
I never once said that Black Ops will be heavily based on Modern Warfare 2. All I said is that Treyarch takes the graphics/physics engine that Infinity Ward used on their previous game and tweaks it, which as it happens, is the same engine that was used on CoD2.

It saw a huge step up from 2-4, and little tweaks that brought out details in World at War and Modern Warfare 2, but it's still an outdated engine. Really doesn't have all-too-much to do with the gameplay mechanics.

Modern Warfare 2 isn't worse than any other shooter. People glitch, boost, and overall cheat in games like Halo and Gears, and a good portion of MW2's community is the same as Halo's, so you get the same users and abusers. It just seems more rampant because support for the game more or less died when Activision essentially purged half of IW to get out of paying royalties.

I'm going to get Black Ops regardless, I've already got more than half of it paid off. I'll probably end up selling it before too long, however.