PDA

View Full Version : Fallout: New Vegas video preview

jango
10-06-2010, 09:47 AM
http://www.gamers-forum.com/imagehosting/215284cac8bea8fce1.jpg

Seeing as Fallout: New Vegas went gold recently (http://www.macksites.co.uk/GameBank/index.php?topic=643.0), the PC specs got confirmed (http://www.macksites.co.uk/GameBank/index.php?topic=644.0), and a whole bunch of updates (http://www.macksites.co.uk/GameBank/index.php?board=26.0) have come out I thought I'd do a brief preview of it. It's kind've more of a 'things I'm looking forward to' preview, as there's other previews you can watch/read in the Game-Bank 'Reviews and Previews' forum (http://www.macksites.co.uk/GameBank/index.php?topic=339.0) if you want some more detail. Also, check out the Fallout forum (http://www.macksites.co.uk/GameBank/index.php?board=26.0) for more info on this game. You can also download a transcript of this preview (http://www.macksites.co.uk/GameBank/reviews/fonv.doc).

Fallout: New Vegas is out on the 19th of October (NA) and the 22nd of October (EU & worldwide).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttWVTt24svw

Ilyich Valken
10-06-2010, 08:22 PM
Do you know what that one gun is? Shows the guy holding it at his hip, the barrel jumps back and then there's explosions.

jango
10-06-2010, 09:01 PM
Do you know what that one gun is? Shows the guy holding it at his hip, the barrel jumps back and then there's explosions.

Er .. I'll let you know in a couple of weeks.

Glad you watched it at least :p

Jokersvirus
10-06-2010, 10:19 PM
I liked it jango, good job sir.

Charlotte
10-07-2010, 07:09 AM

Same. I really this review. Good job.
I will watch the rest later.

jango
10-07-2010, 07:22 AM

Same. I really this review. Good job.
I will watch the rest later.

cheers fellas, glad you enjoyed it :)

Kenoi
10-07-2010, 09:50 AM
I'm kinda confused. I dont know which one to get. the standard or the 'game of the year' edition... haha. (i'm talking about the 1st game.)
but what if I get this one instead? what's new in this one? I dont know... like I said, i'm confused. =\

Th3-devils-princess
10-07-2010, 10:21 AM
this game actually looks pretty good might have to invest :) :) :) :)

Aniki
10-07-2010, 12:15 PM
Fallout New Vegas is awesome, but with this preview, is awesomer! <- Is that a real word? Probably not. The world won't take such an awesome word. Anyway, in the middle of the video, the dude is walking away and everything behind him explodes... FTW!

jango
10-07-2010, 05:44 PM
Iwhat's new in this one? I dont know... like I said, i'm confused. =\

check out game-bank (http://www.game-bank.info) fella .. there's a whole bunch of news, updates, and info there .. and will help answer some of those questions, if indeed my preview doesn't explain the main things they're enhancing/adding :)

Kenoi
10-07-2010, 11:09 PM
check out game-bank (http://www.game-bank.info) fella .. there's a whole bunch of news, updates, and info there .. and will help answer some of those questions, if indeed my preview doesn't explain the main things they're enhancing/adding :)

well i'm just gonna ask you here: 'should I get the 1st game (I meant fallout 3) to understand the whole story?' or 'does new vegas has its own story?'

jango
10-07-2010, 11:30 PM
It has its own story .. so you can play both separately. There are cross-overs from what I've seen as well, but not soooOOooo many that you kinda need to play FO3 first - from what I know at least.

Charlotte
10-08-2010, 03:27 AM
I'm kinda confused. I dont know which one to get. the standard or the 'game of the year' edition... haha. (i'm talking about the 1st game.)
but what if I get this one instead? what's new in this one? I dont know... like I said, i'm confused. =\

Same same and same. But rather than confusing yourself, sometime ya might wanna check it out the price though. The expensive one might be the better one. Or simply goggling it to find the answer. :P

Kenoi
10-08-2010, 04:02 PM
It has its own story .. so you can play both separately. There are cross-overs from what I've seen as well, but not soooOOooo many that you kinda need to play FO3 first - from what I know at least.

I thought you were gonna say I have to play the whole Fallout PC games... haha. & Ixel, I'm not worried about price at all. are you?

Kuwabara5678
10-08-2010, 05:20 PM
Nah, Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas are completely different story-wise.
The developers have stated multiple times that there will be no connection.

Fallout 3 is less buggy than Fallout 3: GotY.
But the DLC included with the GotY is really awesome.

I cannot wait for NV!
I fell IN LOVE with F3, and have been for three years.
Everything I'm hearing about NV makes it seem incredibly realistic and balanced.

I have it reserved, thank GOD. <3

Kenoi
10-09-2010, 08:51 AM
after looking at reviews and all that info about this game, I think I might just get it. :D

jango
10-09-2010, 05:54 PM
sweet .. at least I'll have someone to be nerdy with in a few weeks time :p

Kenoi
10-10-2010, 07:24 AM
sweet .. at least I'll have someone to be nerdy with in a few weeks time :p

i'm not sure if i'm even gonna be online dude, cause I got tests coming up & then its fall break... when its fall break, that means i'm probably gonna be occupied with the game everyday of my break you know? hahah

jango
10-10-2010, 07:45 AM
i'm not sure if i'm even gonna be online dude, cause I got tests coming up & then its fall break... when its fall break, that means i'm probably gonna be occupied with the game everyday of my break you know? hahah

Aye .. if it's anything like FO3 it won't matter when you play it - I'll still probably be engaged with it in some way :)

Raoul
01-10-2011, 03:06 AM
This game is the best I love playing this game and its way more difficult compared to fallout 3. I died many times in fallout New Vegas and the weapons in the game are awesome there are way more weapons to choose from and cool perks that you can select in the game by levelling up.:cheesy:

LysiaMoon
01-10-2011, 08:13 AM
I will have to completely disagree with that Raoul. I found New Vegas simpler than Fallout 3. I think I died once throughout the whole game and I have all but two achievements. It's easier to pick up weapons and equipment in NV and the weapons are better so I found this is what made it less of a challenge! The environments are more beautiful and interesting than 3 and the quests are much better, way more fun! I love the whole Fallout series and although NV is my favourite for many different reasons however, I feel that the game has been given a mainstream facelift, so that anyone can get to grips with the format and the play rather than just aiming it towards the Fallout fans. I could go on all day about Fallout! But I won't (unless requested haha) !!!
I really hope there's more to come from Bethesda for this title....bugs and all!!

Raoul
01-11-2011, 01:25 AM
Hey LysiaMoon what weapons did you actually use against that death claw and giant scorpion, because they kill me with one tough and my weapons barely have an effect on them and my ammunition goes up fast when I am busy trying to kill these creatures:D

LysiaMoon
01-11-2011, 05:04 AM
The 'legendary' deathclaw??? I went back with power armor when I had top level - used a mix of weapons but had Lily as a sidekick. Mainly Modded. Used some candecent grenades aswell. Tbh they are pretty tough to beat but it is possible. Just use the weapons best suited to your character as everyone assigns different points to different skills and takes different perks - for example my character is hot with energy weapons and explosives but not as good with big guns. You'll find what works for you!! Also if you get really frustrated - the Vault Wiki is a really good for tips and info on all fallout games

Raoul
01-11-2011, 05:22 AM
Sounds like you really enjoy playing fallout hey:cheesy:I must still get a power armour I am only level 5 lol so any hit from the legendary Death Claw kills me instantly. Thanks for the info I really appreciate it:D

LysiaMoon
01-11-2011, 06:15 AM
You bet! It's like my life haha, I get depressed when I complete them :( Ah well a good way to get strong armour is if you get Arcade as a companion as he has a side story that leads you to getting some. That's not a problem at all :) Any time I can help (which isn't often!!) I'm happy to!

Raoul
01-12-2011, 01:59 AM
So what other game serious you play these days LysiaMoon. Is fallout new vegas short, because the map don't look that big and I don't want to finish the game fast that's why I am taking things really slow with fallout new vegas so that it takes longer to finish:cheesy:

LysiaMoon
01-13-2011, 09:50 AM
Hmm I'd have to say the main quest is quite short, but there's things like reaching max level, side quests, alternate endings etc so you can end up putting alot of hours into the game! Um I'm really into Bayonetta and Devil may cry, I go over those again and again and omg crime against games - but I bought the sims 3 yesterday haha!!!

Eric
01-13-2011, 08:20 PM
loved this game for the short time I got to play it

Raoul
01-14-2011, 02:10 AM
Lol you go from Bayonetta and Devil May Cry the lovely violent games to sims 3 a loving peaceful game lol xxxx sims 3 is an awesome game I also play it so now and then and then I done a certain job well not a job where you go to work in the game and then I earn so much money every week in the game that I don't know what to do now anymore:laugh1::laugh1::laugh1: so I am now waiting for more expansions

LysiaMoon
01-14-2011, 09:33 AM
What can I say! I am very variable! :)
I just like making houses look awesome on Sims haha!
I should jack in my job and be an interior designer!

Jayhmmz
01-14-2011, 09:46 AM
Sims 3 for the effing win! I bought and downloaded this off D2D for my girlfriend for when she was staying at mine for a few days and I was working in the day, and needless to say I got hooked back into the sims world shortly after :P

When I was younger though, I was an evil little bastard; making the Sims swim in the pool, going into build mode and then deleting the ladder so they couldn't get out - just so I could see Death and how cool he looks!

LysiaMoon
01-14-2011, 01:37 PM
Oh my god Jay!
You are SO nasty!
Lol jks! I did that too!
And when the repo people/delivery/handymen etc came over I used to build fences around them or walls so they couldn't get out!

Jayhmmz
01-14-2011, 07:54 PM
Oh my god Jay!
You are SO nasty!
Lol jks! I did that too!
And when the repo people/delivery/handymen etc came over I used to build fences around them or walls so they couldn't get out!

Haha :D Right onnnnn. Your hypocracy made me lol ;)