PDA

View Full Version : Weezer offered $10 million to break up

EpsilonX
10-07-2010, 06:13 PM
Sputnikmusic - Weezer offered $10 million to retire (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/news.php?newsid=15706)

Seattle resident James Burns has begun an effort to raise $10 million in order to pay Weezer to stop making music.

Burns hopes the raise the money on DIY fundraising website thepoint.com, with individuals encouraged to pledge $12 apiece to the cause.

Weezer drummer Patrick Wilson responded on Twitter, joking: “if they can make it 20, we’ll do the 'deluxe breakup'!”

Burns' full statement reads: "I have never been a fan of this band. I think that they are pretty much horrible, and always have been. Even in the early 90’s.

"But this isn’t about me. This is about the Weezer fans. They are our brothers and sisters, our friends, our lovers.

"Every year, Rivers Cuomo swears that he’s changed, and that their new album is the best thing that he’s done since 'Pinkerton,' and what happens? Another pile of crap like 'Beverly Hills' or 'I’m Your Daddy.'

"This is an abusive relationship, and it needs to stop now.

"I am tired of my friends being disappointed year after year.I am tired of endless whimsical cutesy album covers and music videos.

"I’m sick of hearing about whatever this terrible (and yes, even if you like the early stuff, you should be able to admit that they are wretched now) excuse for a band is up to these days.

"If all 852,000 of you (really?) who bought 'Pinkerton' pitch in $12, we will meet our goal.

"I beg you, Weezer. Take our money and disappear."

omfg hahaha. I'm not really sure what to make about this.

jango
10-07-2010, 06:13 PM
well .. it made me lol at least .. very odd

LiNuX
10-07-2010, 06:16 PM
Some of us here needs to form a band and make some crappy music and make sure this guy hears it then.

Jokersvirus
10-07-2010, 06:37 PM
lawls, I hate weezer they make me want to punch something. They play it on my favorite radio station, and other crappy bands that dont deserve the title of rock/metal.

Well linux you can be a side project with me where I make rap songs... my first song will be "chocolate milk" second song. "**** "chocolate milk"

Charlotte
10-08-2010, 03:34 AM
Nah all, weezer is one of my fav band. Why does he suck? WTF are they thinking to disband the band?!

Diligence109
10-08-2010, 08:40 AM
This actually made me snicker a little in class XD I don't think anyone noticed me stifling my laughter... I'm pretty sure...

Some of us here needs to form a band and make some crappy music and make sure this guy hears it then.

yes. this. My music major powers are at your command!

psychochick
10-08-2010, 09:00 AM
hahahahaha well there's a few more bands that guy could have done that too other then weezer who are far worse ..like all rap country and pop[ artists should go but that's just me hahaha(im gonna get a lot of hate for that aren't i) lol:laugh: