PDA

View Full Version : Video for a contest im in :)

psychochick
10-08-2010, 02:30 AM
OK first of all i hope this is allowed and i hope this is in the right area i don't want to get into trouble lol just this seems like the perfect place for it and i also hope no one minds me trying to gain views for my video if you do u may just close the thread ill understand without issues but hey if this is fine thanks a bunch :)

i made this video for a contest in a gaming community that i belong to its to promote the release of COD:black ops the person with the most views wins the deadline is the 15th of October so if anyone doesn't mind viewing the vid that would be great thanks a bunch in advance :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aREopD9WRc

just so u all know im not trying to recruit people from this forum in to FoW the ending of the vid was part of the do's for the video so please do not see it as recruiting because i am not by any means just figured i would let you all know that because of the ending piece :)

Charlotte
10-08-2010, 03:22 AM
Oh great, it show this error 'This video contain content from Sony Music Entertainment and blablabla... why lol?

By the way, for what forum this vid is about?

HamadaLFC8
10-08-2010, 05:19 AM
It doesn't work for me either :(

psychochick
10-08-2010, 07:33 AM
lol ok goto http://www.hidemya**.com replace** with ss lol copy and paste the link of this page into the bar that it shows then click the hidemy...button and u will beable to see it :P and thats because they blocked the song that i used in your country :P and its for forcesofwar.com

Charlotte
10-08-2010, 08:07 AM
lol ok goto http://www.hidemya**.com replace** with ss lol copy and paste the link of this page into the bar that it shows then click the hidemy...button and u will beable to see it :P and thats because they blocked the song that i used in your country :P and its for forcesofwar.com
You make me for confuse. :S

psychochick
10-08-2010, 08:16 AM
lol .......

Diligence109
10-08-2010, 08:28 AM
video works over here in America. I'll watch this later when I can actually listen to it (I'm in class right now)

psychochick
10-08-2010, 08:57 AM
yeah canada and the USA mainly lol a couple European counties can view it aswell with out issue but most cant :( damn sony :P and ok cool haha:laugh:

Ilyich Valken
10-08-2010, 09:13 AM
Only thing I really have to complain about is the sound of the video itself. The music seemed slightly quiet, and every so often hearing the gunfire sort of detracted from it. But, maybe this is just from me having taken a class on video production. :D

Diligence109
10-08-2010, 09:40 AM
is it bad that this song makes me think of guitar hero?

I like how you lined up the slide on the guitar/anacrusis into the first verse with the rappelling through the window... I'd imagine you were working with limited footage cause the rest of it just looks like fan made video to me, must have been hard to find cuts that played in sequence interestingly together!

I, personally, wasn't distracted between music/sound effects as I watched, though it was weird to make the transition from having no sound effects to having them at the end of the video when it switched from cinematic shots to gameplay shots. Again, though, I imagine this is because you had a rather limited selection of what you could really do.

Looks great for what it is!

psychochick
10-08-2010, 09:47 AM
Only thing I really have to complain about is the sound of the video itself. The music seemed slightly quiet, and every so often hearing the gunfire sort of detracted from it. But, maybe this is just from me having taken a class on video production. :D

hahaha well this is my first ever video if u didnt notice lol :P and i didnt use any fancy programs all i used was windows media maker 2.1 i think haha and i only had three trailers to use at the time so i used pieces of all three and the sound of the guns i couldnt get rid of but i thought that added sound was kinda neat haha and yes being u have taken a class u know far better of what should and shouldnt be then i do haha but like i said im a newbie :P

is it bad that this song makes me think of guitar hero?

I like how you lined up the slide on the guitar/anacrusis into the first verse with the rappelling through the window... I'd imagine you were working with limited footage cause the rest of it just looks like fan made video to me, must have been hard to find cuts that played in sequence interestingly together!

I, personally, wasn't distracted between music/sound effects as I watched, though it was weird to make the transition from having no sound effects to having them at the end of the video when it switched from cinematic shots to gameplay shots. Again, though, I imagine this is because you had a rather limited selection of what you could really do.

Looks great for what it is!

hahaha no its not bad at all :P and thank you that was the best part of the whole thing was up all night and that was because i wanted to find a song that went with it so after 8 hours of looking i accidentally found that song and to me it went perfectly haha and yes i only had 3 trailers to choose from at the time the rest came out after i had made my vid :P

yes that is the reason also because with the program i was using i couldnt fully delete the sound so i just left it and turn the music up as high as i could hahaha and thank you very much :)

Ilyich Valken
10-08-2010, 10:13 AM
So, I realized after I posted that.. my speakers weren't completely plugged in, so chances are the music was fine. xD

Shixx
10-08-2010, 11:10 AM
That was a Good Video. Good song choice as well

psychochick
10-08-2010, 11:26 AM
jango sorry about the double post i wasnt thinking

So, I realized after I posted that.. my speakers weren't completely plugged in, so chances are the music was fine. xD

hahaha thats funny :P :D

That was a Good Video. Good song choice as well

thank you very much shixx :)

LemonRising
10-08-2010, 12:43 PM
Not bad for your first vid, not bad at all : D

Goodluck in the contest!

psychochick
10-08-2010, 05:13 PM
thank you very much lemon ..i don't know how this guy got past me he was sitting a bit under 500 hadn't moved for 3-4 days and then within 3 days hes over 700 lol i don't think im gonna have the luck this time around :P :laugh:

LiNuX
10-08-2010, 05:18 PM
That's pretty good. Brought back some memories from CoD although I haven't played in a while.

Good work.

psychochick
10-08-2010, 08:45 PM
thank you very much glad u liked and well u should get back into especially if u play it on pc still a lot of fun and i can give u some great servers :)

LiNuX
10-08-2010, 09:10 PM
I'm more into BFBC2 than CoD games now. Thanks though :)

psychochick
10-09-2010, 03:26 AM
lol right on bfbc2 is fun for sure :yes: