PDA

View Full Version : Numbers on cod 4

EOIN-M-1994
10-11-2010, 05:05 AM
I am thinking of buying cod 4 for ps3 until black ops comes out but im not sure how many people still play it online if anyone knows please respond

Charlotte
10-11-2010, 05:12 AM
You mean that you're confusing whether to buy COD 4 or COD Black Ops?

Jokersvirus
10-11-2010, 09:18 AM
Are you talking about CoD 4 MW or CoD 4 MW2

MW I dont think has alot of players left over because the price of MW2 has dropped a little bit.
on MW2 there is still a good amount of people playing. So I would grab it to hold you over.

Ilyich Valken
10-11-2010, 09:41 AM
Are you talking about CoD 4 MW or CoD 4 MW2

MW I dont think has alot of players left over because the price of MW2 has dropped a little bit.
on MW2 there is still a good amount of people playing. So I would grab it to hold you over.

It's not CoD4 MW2.. >_>

But there will always be some people playing CoD 4. It was (opinion) the best CoD game to come out in the past (edit) FEW years.

Kuwabara5678
10-11-2010, 01:40 PM
CoD4 is just as popular a MW2.

MW2 sucks, don't buy it.
Don't buy BO either.

CoD4 is the best one.

Jokersvirus
10-11-2010, 04:21 PM
I enjoy MW2 whats wrong with the game, it is no different than MW, well new campaign, new weapons I think, Tact nuke?

Im not sure maybe someone can help me

Ilyich Valken
10-11-2010, 04:38 PM
I enjoy MW2 whats wrong with the game, it is no different than MW, well new campaign, new weapons I think, Tact nuke?

Im not sure maybe someone can help me

If I still had the two I'd do a side-by-side comparison for you.. but I don't. >_>'

jango
10-11-2010, 04:39 PM
I find them all a bit too samey these days :(

The_Known_Gamer
10-16-2010, 03:06 PM
i bought it the other day and i was suprised on how many people still play the game plus there are hardly any noob tubers like mw2

Jokersvirus
10-16-2010, 03:53 PM
why do people get mad at the fact people are using nade tubes. Its a legit tactic to use in the game and there is really no reason to get mad cause of it. I find it funny how mad people are over "noob tubers"

jango
10-16-2010, 03:58 PM
why do people get mad at the fact people are using nade tubes. Its a legit tactic to use in the game and there is really no reason to get mad cause of it. I find it funny how mad people are over "noob tubers"

It goes back years mate .. and now kinda suggests the person doesn't have skill enough to do anything more than 'noob-tube' an area because they couldn't hit an elephant from 3 feet away. I agree with you though .. it's a legitimate weapon, or it wouldn't be in the game. However some people's use of them kinda spoils the game. This is one of the reason why I ALWAYS go to either a tactical realism or hardcore server when I play these kinda games where weapons are balanced and/or limited to stop the idiots from taking over too much. I find this a much better experience all 'round compared to open, vanilla servers.

Jokersvirus
10-16-2010, 04:56 PM
Its kinda like this jango and this is the funny part involving CoD MW, or any game for that matter, all weapons would be considered noob tactics. Get rid of the "noob tube" next weapon would be the sniper people would hate on, get rid of that, Shotgun, get rid of that ARs. Its just a continuous QQ of fail anger.

jango
10-16-2010, 05:02 PM
Aye I hear ya mate, and seen it many times before - I can even remember discussing this in the first few weeks of the original Medal of Honor (which I think was in 1675 .. I may be a year or two out on that, but it was freaking ages ago). All I can say is that the tactical/hardcore route gives much better balance in my experience between limiting nubness and not so far that it drains the enjoyment of the game (for example I can't stand rifles only servers .. I mean, wtf???). Some servers get the balance right, some don't. But I agree, too much messing around with it all makes a very dull and over-managed game experience .. shopping around the custom servers normally results in you finding the balance you like though.

Jokersvirus
10-16-2010, 05:11 PM
Im all for games being extremely tactical, its better than just running in shooting everythign dead and getting the objective done.

But taking it to the next level of OMFG YOU NOOB YOU HAVE TO USE THE NOOB TUBE YOU FAIL. that is just beyond any common sense.

I wish people would jsut enjoy playing video games instead of trying to be all MLG hardcore on it for no reason.

jango
10-16-2010, 05:22 PM
Yeah but half the people playing are desperately trying to be better than anyone else, so they often find ANY way to demean other people or more importantly make themselves look better or bigger to others. Most of the time this attitude is by guys (of all sorts of ages) who've never quite got passed that posturing stage.

I agree though .. some people take their gaming far too seriously.

Jokersvirus
10-16-2010, 05:26 PM
It makes me lawl, but oh well I love provoking those people. When they get mad I start insulting them and it makes the situation even funnier.

ericomega
10-21-2010, 04:56 PM
a good number of people do

Trigz
10-22-2010, 01:09 PM
cod4 still has a pretty decent population. its not too big, and its not to small which is why i like it. Also, if your the gamer that likes to build "rep", then playing cod4 is perfect for that, because you will get placed with the same players over and over again