PDA

View Full Version : Review Fallout 3 Review (Explicit Language)

Sickangel
10-15-2010, 08:10 PM
Between fast action-packed fights with ****ed up and deformed humanoids, strategic role playing, and 100's of weapons you wont be disappointed with Bethesda's, Fallout 3.

Fallout 3 is a story of a boy who grows up in a vault, and at the age of 19 exits the vault to a vast post apocalyptic wasteland destroyed by a nuclear war. In this wasteland you encounter everything from over sized mutants to deformed vicious animals. As a boy you acquired what is called a pip boy. This device allows you to add points which you acquire through a leveling system that you can use to increase your attributes in over 10 different stats. You can be a cunning thief or a charming man who uses intelligence and charisma to achieve his goals, the choice is yours. The pip boy also allows for a combat system called V.A.T.S. (Vault-Tec Assisted Targeting System) V.A.T.S. allows you to pause the game and strategically place shots or melee hits on various organs on your opponent. Depending on where you hit them depends on the effects it has. So you can either run and gun or slow your game down and strategize to your liking.

In Fallout 3 you will encounter many characters in which you will aid or resist. Depending on your decision to aid them depends directly upon how you play your game. For instance, in the beginning of the game you can choose to aid a man trying explode a town or turn in the man for trying to do so. If you choose to explode the town you will no longer be able to access the many shops it has to offer as well as any quests that would come from the people who reside there.

In Fallout 3 there are 100's of weapons you can choose to use. Between axes and rockets launchers im sure you will find your weapon of choice. Along with these weapons there are secret guns and unlocks you can acquire that will keep you playing for hours.

From high caliber shootouts to strategic role playing this game will keep you on your toes for over 50 hours. Given that you can change the game so much upon a single decision the replay value of this game is amazing. I give this game 10/10 for Action RPG.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRPFtHD4NGo

GAME REVIEW
Game Name:Fallout 3
Producer:Bethesda Studios
Game Type:Action/RPG/Shooter
Platforms:PC/XBOX360/PS3
Players:Single Player
Release Date:10/28/2008
Unlocks:Weapons. Characters. Pet. Friends.
Co-Op:No
Unique Feature:VATS
User Interface:Clean. Easy to Learn
Cinematic:Cinematics are exhilarating and suspenseful
Challenging:Highly Challenging
Graphics:Sharp. Some screen tear
Creativity:Highly Creative
Story:Classic Post Apocalyptic. Good
Replay Value: High. Game changes
Cam System:1st & 3rd Person Views
Sequel:3rd in sequence
Design:Buggy at times. Crashes sometimes
Competition:Bioshock. Oblivion.
Rewards:PC Game of the Year + More
Addictive:Highly
Rating:Mature
Game Music:Average
Anything out of Place:No
Hours of Play:20 If Rushed. 100+ To experience full game.
Change in Sequel:Refined.
Other Notes:
Karma plays a part in this game. Choose wisely before you make decisions.

EpsilonX
10-15-2010, 08:17 PM
Very.....strange review. I'd rather have it in paragraphs form than a bunch of bullet points. Describe the game, what you think of it, etc. Even if there's a lot of info, doing like this makes it seem lacking

btw there's a language filter on the site.

Sickangel
10-15-2010, 08:30 PM
Hmm i thought it was easier for people to read it that way. Just straight and to the point. I tried making a table but it wouldnt work.

Kuwabara5678
10-15-2010, 08:31 PM
It's an okay review.

There was a mistake though... xD
You can choose to be a boy or a girl.

Sickangel
10-15-2010, 08:35 PM
ahhhhhhhh lol completely forgot! haha only one way to go from here. UP :)

Kuwabara5678
10-15-2010, 08:38 PM
Fallout 3 is my game. xD
Been playing it since it came out.
You also put the weapon count a little high...

Sickangel
10-15-2010, 09:02 PM
the weapon count is not high. Get yourself a rok-it launcher and you litteraly have over 200 weapons.

Kuwabara5678
10-15-2010, 09:05 PM
You have hundreds of of ammo types. xD

jango
10-15-2010, 09:14 PM
Rather than pick holes in this review I'd like to say 'well done' for it being your first review on GF. I'm sure they'll only get better, especially if you make it more of a personal response.

As a side point, any mention of Fallout makes me want New Vegas more hehe.

Sickangel
10-15-2010, 09:16 PM
NEW VEGAS!!!!! appreciate your support jango

Kuwabara5678
10-15-2010, 09:28 PM
I thought it was good too.
It's very friendly. :3

YEAH, NEW VEGAS.

Dark War 1556
10-15-2010, 09:34 PM
haha one of my friends has been counting down the days to the new vegas release since he heard it was coming out

jango
10-15-2010, 11:24 PM
haha one of my friends has been counting down the days to the new vegas release since he heard it was coming out

Aye i don't blame him.

Talking of which .. I'm preloading now over Steam!!!

Dark War 1556
10-15-2010, 11:43 PM
Hes been counting down for over 300 hundred days itll be good to not hear him reminding me every 3 hours how many days until he gets it lol i think i got annoyed after the 5th day

Linx_is_me
10-15-2010, 11:47 PM
I thought it was great it reminds me of a G4 Review VERY GOOD.

Jokersvirus
10-16-2010, 12:26 PM
as Eps said its an interesting review, but may I give some friendly advice? When reviewing a game hit the big points like what is the story line about, what is your role in the game, the weapons involved, enemies, graphics, sandbox or not. Stuff like that, As ive played the game I understand what your saying but someone who hasnt might not get it and this could be a make or break to buy the game.

thats just my two cents.

LemonRising
10-16-2010, 01:01 PM
good stuff broo

you're definitely getting better with your newer reviews

Sickangel
10-16-2010, 06:41 PM
thanks for the input guys... the next one will be 10 times better :)

Aniki
10-16-2010, 06:48 PM
Aye i don't blame him.

Talking of which .. I'm preloading now over Steam!!!

Stop rubbing that on our faces >:(

Charlotte
10-16-2010, 10:05 PM
I'm really liking this preview.

And 100 weapons! WOW.

Ilyich Valken
10-19-2010, 11:39 AM
Stop rubbing that on our faces >:(

He's rubbing what on your face?

Anyways, it was a good review. It seems like written ones take a little more time and thinking put into them than video ones. :P

TimmoUK
10-19-2010, 11:53 AM
Good review. I have owned Fallout 3 for about 5 months now and have yet to play it :eek:. Going to have a good few hours on it tonight as the girlfriends away for the night.

Linx_is_me
10-20-2010, 02:04 AM
Sick don't get lazy on us now , you should put the value list / info . Like you did on this review put it on all of the reviews you make . I found the information very useful . but I love fallout3 anyways .

gnomeo
05-08-2011, 06:25 PM
I wish someone would of told me to not finish the main quest line if I wasn't ready the throw the game in the bin (which I did after that)

Was a depressing day to realize all your work is over. Loved the game though...

nice review overall.