PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Choosing a Domain Name

souljaa
08-15-2007, 07:38 PM
Hey guys, anyways, I want to start a music AND DJ site, but I'm stuck at the name. I need a domain name where when people read it, they'd know that it's not only a dj site, but a music site too.
The only thing coming to my head right now is, djscrib.net
What do you guys think? Any suggestions appreciated!
Thanks
Souljaa

LiNuX
08-16-2007, 12:15 AM
so u didnt take my advice to save huh lol oh well

and i dont like that domain DjsCrib.net - doesn't sound "musicy"

what will be on the site? and what will it be made out of? a forum? blog? joomla? etc.?? lol

need more info - and do research on some music and DJ related domains and post ones that are available - dont post the www in front cuz its a broken link lol :D

thanks and good luck!

edit: and post moved to computer help since its not really a webmaster forum but it has to do with something related to computers and internet :D

souljaa
08-16-2007, 12:42 AM
Well it's going to be a site for music in general and for DJ ers...Like DJ talk, where they can post their music etc..
And yeah, I've always wanted to start a DJ/Music site, so I"m like why not ;).

LiNuX
08-16-2007, 11:15 AM
yea but what type of site lol, another forum? or a blog? or a normal content site and what type of stuff will you put on there?

souljaa
08-16-2007, 11:24 AM
Well I'm thinking of a home page that updates you on all the news, etc..Like new music, etc....And a forum as well.
How about, djsbeats.com ? Or does that sound too corny lol.

LiNuX
08-16-2007, 12:56 PM
why is the S there lol, its what makes it look a bit corny lol and do you expect to update the content urself or have it automated? autmated is hard and can get u banned from google lol

souljaa
08-16-2007, 01:54 PM
Well probably myself? Which is gonna be a pain in the *** but I'll try. Either that, or just a forum, but I don't know.

LiNuX
08-16-2007, 02:14 PM
i'd recommend against a forum - managing two early stage forums will make you cry lol, wait until ur gfxpros develops enough to grow by itself before opening another one, but i dont know, im only the guy that suggests stuff remember? lol

souljaa
08-17-2007, 11:23 AM
Yeah, my advisor :D..Yeah that's true though, but I've always wanted to start one since I do a bit of mixing too and I love music...It won't be my main worry though, till GFX Pros is good :D..I just want to start something if you get what I'm saying :).

XiMMiX
08-18-2007, 02:39 PM
DJtalk.com or DJ in ThA H:O:U:S:E lol dont know try somthing like music4life or Music4ever just make an good name:rolleyes1:

LiNuX
08-18-2007, 03:09 PM
Yeah, my advisor :D..Yeah that's true though, but I've always wanted to start one since I do a bit of mixing too and I love music...It won't be my main worry though, till GFX Pros is good :D..I just want to start something if you get what I'm saying :).

my advise is to say that start something else when your first something is going by itself lol, i opened a second site less than a month after this forum came about and regreted it cuz it DIED lol, i also had 2 more forums that went 6 feet under. but do what you want, if you think u can handle the pressure of this go ahead lol, its just advice ;-)

i doubt music4life or music4ever is available, any extensions

souljaa
08-18-2007, 05:16 PM
Ahh I'm confused now lol :P..I mean I really want to start one, but like you said, if I'm up for it, and schools about to start soon..I don't know anymore :(..lol.

LiNuX
08-18-2007, 05:40 PM
Ahh I'm confused now lol :P..I mean I really want to start one, but like you said, if I'm up for it, and schools about to start soon..I don't know anymore :(..lol.

lol u can try to open one and see how it fits into your schedule of website management and like i said, if u open another forum, it'll be a bad idea to manage two at the same time, a blog or a normal html or joomla site could be good since its less pressure

souljaa
08-18-2007, 06:06 PM
Maybe I'll wait a bit..But I could give it a try no? Like it won't be my main focus..The music part would be my main focus..The front page etc..

LiNuX
08-18-2007, 07:20 PM
Maybe I'll wait a bit..But I could give it a try no? Like it won't be my main focus..The music part would be my main focus..The front page etc..

it wont be ur main focus but ur music part would be the ur main focus :eek1: ok..lol

u can always give it a try but it'll take away time from your other site and other work if u plan to squeeze it in