PDA

View Full Version : New Guy/Seasoned Gamer

Kelranox
10-18-2010, 06:12 AM
So, I've been gaming since I was three years old. Given that I'm twenty one now, I've eighteen years of gaming experience. Now, judging by that statement some would be quick to analyze me as an elitist. That's not the case at all. Rather, I just wanted to get the point across that I know my way around a console or two. I wouldn't necessarily say I'm a casual gamer, though school definitely attempts to force me into that category.

Even though I'm not an elitist, I'm not without my quirks of which society mostly frowns upon. For example, I'm incredibly close minded involving most things. I don't view this as a weakness or a vice, rather it's just a trait. Far too many people in the world are open minded because they feel that venturing down such a route automatically personifies them as being intelligent. However, for most people it just asserts them as a follower. Exactly how close minded am I with video games? I don't like Assassin's Creed, Bioshock, Starcraft, Dead Space, God of War annnnnd.... insert thousands of other popular games.

Veering away from that particular trait, I'm quite the grammar Nazi. Don't worry, I won't jump from thread to thread pointing out the flaws of everyone's punctuation and such. I'll secretly judge you, though. Unless you're foreign, then you've an excuse.

Now, before I ramble on any further I decided to type up a list of my interests as opposed to typing out an essay. Enjoy reading:

Soccer - Liverpool, England, Argentina, Spain, Barcelona.

Harry Potter - Snape, Snape, Severus Snape.

Halo - Halo 3 > Halo 2 > Halo CE > Halo Reach > Halo Wars

Final Fantasy - VII is win. The game is great...NOT the series which would follow. In other words: VII > IX > X > IV > VIII > V > X-2 (Out of those that I've played, anyway)

Anime - Eh, DBZ wins. Only the first three seasons, though. Trunks is gay.

Muse - Just amazing.

Italian food - Pizza and Giada De Laurentiis..yes.

Photoshop - Godly tool.

Apple - I've only one product: An ipod.

Internet Memes - Ok, you may mistake me as a /b/ tard (Shut it, I mentioned /b/ and you won't do anything about it), however I'm a meme-tard, there's a difference.

House - Hugh Laurie....Hugh Laurie...

SxE Phil - He's so sexy

Seinfeld - HOOCHIE MAMA!

uhhh...that's about all I can think of.

Say stuff.

jango
10-18-2010, 06:23 AM
Well, that's quite an intro Kelranox .. and was an entertaining read.

First of all welcome to GF. Please take some time to familiarise yourself with our rules etc, and perhaps drop by IRC sometime to get to know some of our regulars.

Secondly, we're not a particularly 'elite' gaming community so you'll probably fit right in (if you allow yourself to do so). We have hardcore, casual, and nubcake gamers in almost equal measures anyway, and we encourage this diversity and a respect for other people's choices. Beyond that we're mostly about fun both in and out of gaming, which I'm sure you might've already picked up if you've spent some time on the site.

Anyways .. what are you playing now? On what platforms? And where in the world are you from?

Have fun on GF.

P.s. Muse <3

Kelranox
10-18-2010, 06:28 AM
Currently playing NCAA 2010 on the 360, as well as World of Warcraft.

Where am I from? Failabama, US.

Diligence109
10-18-2010, 08:44 AM
hahahah your post made me chuckle a handful of times in class. I look forward to seeing more of your posts around the forum :)

As jango suggested, I hope you find a chance to stop by the IRC (http://www.gamers-forum.com/showthread.php?t=13264)... I'm busy with school and don't get to post as much but I usually find some time here and there to talk to people there!

Welcome to GF, Kelranox, I hope you have fun here :)

HamadaLFC8
10-18-2010, 08:51 AM
Wow... that one interesting intro!

First of all great job on liking Liverpool, even in these rough times :'( and great job on liking everything Halo/Bungie has ever made! :D

Second of all, Welcome to Gamers Forum! :D

and third of all... YNWA :)*

jango
10-18-2010, 08:59 AM

First of all great job on liking Liverpool, even in these rough times :'( and great job on liking everything Halo/Bungie has ever made! :D

Dammit! I missed an opportunity to tease hama! I have failed ...

Drake14
10-18-2010, 09:09 AM
I'm quite the grammar Nazi. Don't worry, I won't jump from thread to thread pointing out the flaws of everyone's punctuation and such. I'll secretly judge you, though. Unless you're foreign, then you've an excuse.

You and me both! Poor grammar bothers me >.<

And welcome to the forum! :)

Muffincat
10-18-2010, 09:42 AM
Oh, I love you! Welcome! XD

I have to say Snape is pretty cool, too D: And I am a secret grammar Nazi as well! (Yes, everyone, I have been secretly judging and correcting your posts in my head every time I read them, and I always wish I could secretly go into your posts and fix everything)

You sound like you will get on well, here :3

anyway, I am still somewhat sleepy and groggy so uh WELCOMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

TimmoUK
10-18-2010, 12:56 PM
Liverpool

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Welcome though.

jango
10-18-2010, 12:57 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Welcome though.

lmfao .. at least another UK guy got in there .. I don't feel quite so bad now :p

Th3-devils-princess
10-18-2010, 01:09 PM
welcome to gf :)
hopeyou have fun :)
hope to see yo about :)
<3 muse <3 pizza hehe
:) :) :)

Jaykub
10-18-2010, 01:10 PM
Welcome to Gamers-Forum!

Check out the links in my sig and have a awesome time! PS: nice intro.

Kelranox
10-18-2010, 06:03 PM
First off, thanks to everyone for the warm welcomes. However, I wanted to point out a few select people.

welcome to gf :)
hopeyou have fun :)
hope to see yo about :)
<3 muse <3 pizza hehe
:) :) :)

Muse and Pizza are indeed a great combination. Though, Italian food in general is good when mixed with just about anything.

Oh, I love you! Welcome! XD

I have to say Snape is pretty cool, too D: And I am a secret grammar Nazi as well! (Yes, everyone, I have been secretly judging and correcting your posts in my head every time I read them, and I always wish I could secretly go into your posts and fix everything)

You sound like you will get on well, here :3

anyway, I am still somewhat sleepy and groggy so uh WELCOMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Snape was by far my favorite character in the book series, and Alan Rickman is such a great actor. He definitely did the character justice. Another grammar Nazi? HAIL GRAMMATIK!

Liverpool are definitely in trying times with new owners and a new manager, but we just need another striker when January comes around. Halo is great, I'm just not that impressed with Reach. Halo's 1-3, sure.

Dark War 1556
10-18-2010, 06:23 PM
Welcome to Gamers Fourm nice intro and i hope you have great time

Muffincat
10-18-2010, 09:31 PM
all I need to say

is

Alan Rickman = <3

(is it weird that I have a weird celebrity crush on him when he's sort of a strange old man who isn't really "classically" attractive? I'm a weirdo and admitting it on the internet)

Charlotte
10-19-2010, 03:49 AM
Maybe those is a copy intro. Maybe you made it a long time ago and posted it somewhere around your social site ie facebook and such. :P
Really nice intro tbh.

And Welcome to our forum.