PDA

View Full Version : Mental Frustration

Linx_is_me
10-19-2010, 09:37 PM
I have recently found out I can not draw as amazeingly as I was once told . I have found I am part of a group . The group that has soo many adults and friends say that's REALLY good your good at that keep it up . You know just to be nice , but they never told me my faults just happy handshakes and grateful smiles . Now I suck.... and it hit me hard when I found out this . Well I have this really amazing story I came up . I know it may sound stupid but this is actually a very heartfelt and touchy subject for me ( drawing ) . I do not know why . Well as I said I have a truly amazing story in my head . I want to draw this out into a comic book very badly . But I think Anime is not my style , A while back I got kinda annoyed and upset over some comments made by a close friend over my drawings . I had said I will never draw again . But the fact that I had this story in my head .. I just want to show people . But the problem is , This must be perfect no sloppy version will do . I am searching around to find my own art style . I actually just drew a picture up I thought was pretty good. I showed a friend and he looked at it told me .. It looks just like your other ones. By the way it is disproportional . I thought about getting annoyed and raged but At least he told me what was wrong with it . I really want to fix my art to be its own style . But I will be honest I am not good at taking Criticism because for me it is a super touchy subject . More so then most people .

Well just so you guys know the story I have in mind I will tell you a little bit . Just look past the fact that this seems very basic to you ( most likely ) and understand I have a huge story worked out in my head .

A angel comes down to earth to watch over a high-school boy . She soon falls in love with the boys older brother . Faced with many decisions she does her task of watching over this boy as she soon understands that love is a human emotion . I know this sounds sappy , also I have soon many details for this story worked out in my head .

Now what is the reason for this post I shall tell you . I would like for the evolution of my drawings to take place here . I want you guys to help me get this done . I will post updates and art pieces using the information in this post please help me get better , Help me get my story made .

Shixx
10-19-2010, 10:00 PM
Yeah man post your Art I'll tell you what's up.

Diligence109
10-19-2010, 10:04 PM
your story sounds like a great idea and your passion to draw is incredibly admirable :) You should definitely post your drawings, I would love to help you develop the skill anyway I can, as I'm sure is the opinion of plenty of other people on this forum :)

jango
10-19-2010, 10:45 PM
Creative arts are a journey not a destination ..

LemonRising
10-19-2010, 10:57 PM
Jango's definitely right about that.
Even the pros are always learning and growing.

I've been drawing most of my life, breaks here and there, but its always been a big part of me.
Some tips I've got: Practice. Its the most obvious thing, but it's also the most important. Nothing beats practice.

Life studies. There are classes you can take; sketching models and capturing poses. Really useful, good practice. Don't want to take classes? Go outside, go to the mall, the park, anywhere, draw people around you.

Practice realism more than anime. Anime is a style, and all styles stem from one place, real life. Learning proper proportions is a huge part of drawing. Learn the basics, then learn to stylize. It'll help you mastering anything you want to do, and if you don't want to stick purely with anime, you always have the background in realistic basics to step away to.

Also.. learn to hear and accept criticism. It can be hard, but it'll help you improve. People aren't trying to offend you or make you feel like **** when they tell you whats off or wrong about a drawing, they just want to help you improve.

Goodluck. Art is a lifetime journey, but it can be very fulfilling.