PDA

View Full Version : Review League Of Legends

Sickangel
10-23-2010, 04:25 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_nKfiQeIvXs0/TKFrhQNsmdI/AAAAAAAAABQ/CxFsy-aMAIs/s1600/league-of-legends-logo.pngHey guys Sick here to talk to you about Riot Games' League of Legends! Players all over the globe are logging into this high voltage team based game and for a good reason. In League of Legends you can choose one of 60 champions which has its own unique style and skill. League of Legends takes place in an arena in which you have teams of 5 or teams of 3.
The objective of the game is to defeat the enemy teams nexus. Sounds simple enough but this can turn out to be quite a task. During gameplay you will buy items to boost character stats and get an edge on the other team. If you die to the enemy you than "feed" them gold. If they die to you than thats more gold in your pocket. There are also bosses and mini bosses such as Baron and a Dragon which give you buffs, gold, and extra experience that may turn the game around for your team.
Games usually average around 45 minutes so if you dont have an hour to kill than dont play. After each game the players are granted Influence Points in which you buy runes and unlock new characters, and experience.
Experience grants level in which you can place points in a skill tree that will add special stats to your champions during each game you play. Games usually only take a few seconds to get into as the player base for this game is extremely large. Minus a few bugs and some unbalances this game is nearly perfect. I rate this game 7/10. Check out my livestream BLOG at
Sick's Game Reviews: LIVESTREAM!!! (Check out what im doing :) ) (http://sicksreviews.blogspot.com/p/livestream-check-out-what-im-doing.html)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHee3qe9c8Y

GAME REVIEW

Game Name:League of Legends
Producer:Riot Games
Game Type:Massively Multiplayer Online Battle Arena
Platforms:Windows & Macintosh
Players:10 & 6
Release Date:10/27/2009
Unlocks:Runes. Champions. Mastery Points. Skins
Co-Op:Up to 4 other players
Unique Feature:One of the first MOBA'S
User Interface:Clean UI. Easy to learn
Cinematic:Little to no cinematics
Challenging:Extremely challenging. Not for impatient people.
Graphics:Cartoon Style. Rich in Color
Creativity:Pioneer status creativity
Story:-
Replay Value:High due to meta game.
Cam System:Birds Eye View
Sequel:First of its kind
Design:Buggy at times
Competition:Highly competitive. WCG
Rewards:Game of the Year + More
Addictive:Highly
Rating:Teen
Game Music:Game Music Is decent. Sound enabled recommended
Anything out of Place:No
Hours of Play:Infinite
Change in Sequel:-
Other Notes:
Game is difficult to learn.
Long games.
60 champions to choose from.

jango
10-23-2010, 04:37 PM
It's really not my kinda game .. like, AT ALL. But I enjoyed watching your review as always, and you sounded clearer than ever before too so I could enjoy the commentary!

Nice mate. I'll drop you some rep later .. it seems you've earnt my rep-love too recently for me to do it again so soon.

LemonRising
10-23-2010, 04:42 PM
pretty spot on lollll
you forgot to mention the horrible lag players sometimes get.

good review! i enjoyed it. <:

Raoul
12-17-2010, 04:24 AM
This game looks really awesome I should really start playing this game the trailer looks great and fun too:yes:

BobTD
04-13-2011, 10:13 PM
on the downside, being so popular, the wait list is sometimes...

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/6908/0ver9000.gif

and because this cant be helped:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiMHTK15Pik&feature=related

paecmaker
04-17-2011, 01:00 PM
on the downside, being so popular, the wait list is sometimes...

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/6908/0ver9000.gif

and because this cant be helped:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiMHTK15Pik&feature=related

Accually, that has never happend to me.

LiNuX
04-17-2011, 03:01 PM
I actually just got into the game a few days ago - already happened to me a few times and it's hard to find a game if you're playing with a friend. Big turn off.

Saph
04-17-2011, 05:26 PM
Must say that its one of the briefest reviews I've seen! My review on Amnesia was meant to be very brief, and this one blows it outta the water!!!

Either way, what was there was really good, though I'm not sure if there was much info on the game? I get its an overhead strategy like game? Its not a bad review by any means, I just dont like how short it is :(

Saph
05-11-2011, 02:05 PM
I'm thinking about rewriting a review of this.

Something you guys would want me to do? Let me know!

LiNuX
05-11-2011, 02:10 PM
I'm thinking about rewriting a review of this.

Something you guys would want me to do? Let me know!

Sure, go ahead. Always good to see different viewpoints.

Fr0stByte
05-11-2011, 02:15 PM
good review....but not my type of game

Havoc
05-12-2011, 02:47 PM
I really don't get what people see in this game, but that's just me. Maybe my unreasonable hatred for scam games labeled as "Free to Play" where some insane people blow their cash on overpowered items to get an advantage, or maybe because I still see this as a straight down rip-off of Demigod. And just like Demigod, League of Legends bored me to death after 6 or so matches. Dunno what it is, I really tried to be friends with this game, but it doesn't get me =/

Good review tho! Kudos.

paecmaker
05-12-2011, 03:10 PM
Accually, both are copys from dota allstars and where realesed only a few months apart.

Muffincat
05-12-2011, 06:06 PM
I really don't get what people see in this game, but that's just me. Maybe my unreasonable hatred for scam games labeled as "Free to Play" where some insane people blow their cash on overpowered items to get an advantage, or maybe because I still see this as a straight down rip-off of Demigod. And just like Demigod, League of Legends bored me to death after 6 or so matches. Dunno what it is, I really tried to be friends with this game, but it doesn't get me =/

Good review tho! Kudos.

Wat...?

You can't blow your cash to get any overpowered items. You can buy skins or champions with money, but the only thing that could MAYBE make you more "overpowered" than anyone else would be Runes... which you cannot buy with money.

And yeah, League of Legends is just another permutation of DoTA, though it has differences o-o

edit: though I can totally see where it's not for some people; hell even I kind of hate it, and I play... I prefer playing with a group of friends, though. Makes it way more fun.

Havoc
05-12-2011, 06:38 PM
KK dota it was then, I just played Demigod first so that makes the impression.
It may have seemed as if I was implying that LoL has overpowered cashshop, I was not. I was criticizing the "Free2Play" premise.

Which is still existent in LoL as the majority of the character/skins is cashshop related (altho the skins are only decorative). You're still blowing your cash for pixels at a very unfortunate ratio.

Muffincat
05-12-2011, 07:30 PM
KK dota it was then, I just played Demigod first so that makes the impression.
It may have seemed as if I was implying that LoL has overpowered cashshop, I was not. I was criticizing the "Free2Play" premise.

Which is still existent in LoL as the majority of the character/skins is cashshop related (altho the skins are only decorative). You're still blowing your cash for pixels at a very unfortunate ratio.

Ah I thought you were saying LoL did the kind of thing you described. And you can buy all of the characters without spending money; you just need to play a lot... and you can get plenty of them without spending money. I've unlocked plenty of them without paying, and they have free champions rotate every week, so you can try them out o.o

I think it's really great to have it be free to play and only have you spend money on things if you want to support the game (like skins) o.o That way, you don't end up wasting your money if you end up not liking it/playing it much, and if you want to spend money...then you can o.o

I mean, they have to make money somehow. And I think LoL does a lot better than most other free-to-play games in that regard. They still release way too many champions at 6300 IP (difficult to get), but eh.

In any case, it's not the game for everyone, but for a MOBA, I think it's one of the best out there o.o

Saph
05-13-2011, 10:30 AM
I agree with Muffin on this one, LoL is deffinately one of the best free-to-play MMOs out there.

I mean of course since LoL IS free to play, then you have to expect a somewhat lower level of quality than for example WoW. Although I can tell you that LoL is better than Aion online, and Aion online costs $1 more to play per month, than WoW.

LoL has ALOT of potential in my opinion, and I feel that the devs have a money cow sitting in the barn only rarely used, not living up to its own potential. But maybe they like it that way!

Either way, LoL does not 'rely' on you to buy anything in order to play efficiently. There's deffinately no scam in this game. You wanna see a scam game? Try Evony. The game is created by chinese WoW account hackers who have a hidden keylogger in the game when you install it, thus gaining access to your WoW account while you play Evony, ergo, you're not thinking about WoW while you play Evony. That's a huge scam, and LoL shows no signs of being a scam to me at all. Heck, it even has it's own client!

And like I said, LoL makes no difference between paying players and free players, except that their characters look cooler, but looks dont win fights. You can of course also pay to get champions and rune pages etc. But it is really not neccersary.

For example, I've played for 2 days now, less than 48 hours so far, and I've already unlocked:

Annie: 1350 IP
Sivir: 450 IP
Ashe: 450 IP

That's just from 2 days of playing for a total of 3-5 hours a day, with each fight ranging from 20-40 minutes.

The game REALLY isn't requiring you to pay, it simply makes something easier, but paying players don't get any other special treatment than gaining a champion a few hours faster than a free to play player.

And I am now gonna start MY review on LoL :)

Havoc
05-14-2011, 07:55 AM
Oh well that seems fair to me then... but not exactly a solid marketing strategy o.O But it seems like they get sponsored a lot (Razer, AMD, Alienware) and have some former Blizzard developers in their staff.

Is reviewing a competitive sport now? o.o

Saph
05-14-2011, 08:56 AM
Oh well that seems fair to me then... but not exactly a solid marketing strategy o.O But it seems like they get sponsored a lot (Razer, AMD, Alienware) and have some former Blizzard developers in their staff.

Is reviewing a competitive sport now? o.o

Yes!

Lol jk XD Nah it's not, it's just a good idea to have two people to go by rather than one, you know, makes the decission to do or not to do alittle easier.

Maybe 1 guys review says the game is bad, while another reviewer might say that it is actually good. Two different people with 2 different points of view on a game is a much better stand point.

Nothing competitive in it :)

Diligence109
05-14-2011, 11:25 AM
I've been taking forever to get around to it but for all the time I've poured into this game I've been meaning to put a review of my own up for it. I spend enough time trying to get people to play the game, anyway...

With the success my Minecraft review had in getting a handful of you on to play with us I'd love to see if I can rope a couple more GFers into LoL :P

Saph
05-14-2011, 04:15 PM
Hay Dili maybe you wanna remake this review and the two of us write it together maybe?

Let me know.

PS: Gonna need your help in LoL tonight, need an experienced player's teachings :p I'm still bad about running off on my own! >.<

Drank Turtle
02-17-2012, 11:14 AM
Well this game ROCKS and with new patch you dont have to wait to lig in (y)