PDA

View Full Version : Too many concerts

EpsilonX
10-25-2010, 11:38 PM
So, in the remaining time of the year, there's a handful of concerts I want to attend

Nov 4th: Withered, Toxic Holocaust, Marduk, Possessed, Danzig
Nov 8th: Jack's Mannequin
Dec 6th: James Labrie (might be the 8th, not sure)
Dec 11th: Dawn of Ashes, Blood Red Throne, Enslaved, Dimmu Borgir

I already have my Danzig tickets, so I have to go to that. Jack's Mannequin I want to see because i love something corporate, and Jack's is basically the same thing. They have a few songs I really like but i'm not nearly as big on them as i am SoCo. James Labrie is the singer of Dream Theater, who just released a solo album. I mostly wanna go to that because if he does another solo tour it won't be for another like 5ish years. And his newest solo album is pretty sweet based on the few tracks i've heard. Dimmu Borgir I wanna go to for 3 reasons. 1. they're sorta similar to cradle of filth (at least, their mid-career stuff is similar to cradle's mid-career stuff) and i wanna see cradle, 2. I want to see Dawn of Ashes, 3. a bunch of my friends are going and they want me to go. I'm not really a fan of any of those bands, except maybe dawn of ashes, but even then I much prefer their first 2 cds when they were like a techno black metal band. They had like a sweet horror atmosphere and Saw-like visuals and lyrics. Now they're sort of an industrial black metal band, which is alright, but eh.

Cradle of Filth is doing a US tour next year, and while they're not coming to where I am, there are some dates I could potentially go to.

The thing is, I don't wanna spend that much money. both jack's and dimmu are $20. James will probably be a bit cheaper, but Cradle would be way more expensive. Also transportation. also shirts. I guess the obvious answer is to get a job, but i'm trying to think if these concerts are actually worth going to or not, and worth spending money on. Part of me wishes I didn't get a Danzig ticket because i'm not really big on any of those bands playing. ahhh

Charlotte
10-26-2010, 05:17 AM
That really awesome.
If meh, I only attend big concerts with a popular artist. Such as MTV World Stage.
And is awesome. :D

EpsilonX
10-26-2010, 01:24 PM
I prefer larger concerts but there are some bands I wanna see.

I think i'm gonna go up to the danzig one but sell my ticket to somebody who forgot to buy one in advance, then i'll hang out at my old college for a bit. Either stay the night there at one of my friends dorms or go back with my friends after the show. Then i'll go to Jack's Mannequin and Dimmu Borgir.

The reasoning is the danzig ticket was $30. the jacks and dimmu tickets are $20 each. Dimmu and Danzig both have black metal bands playing, but i like enslaved more than marduk, and i like dimmu more than possessed. danzig i don't really have an opinion on aside from liking "mother" and dawn of ashes are really cool. so basically, if i do that, i'll see more bands I want to see live.

LemonRising
10-26-2010, 02:11 PM
FFFFFFFFFFFF you know
how much
i hate you right now lmfao

Choices eh?
I really wish concerts weren't so expensive..

EpsilonX
01-21-2011, 07:02 PM
there's so many in the spring too

january 31st: less than jake
feb 6th: excision
feb 11th: underoath
feb 16th: escape the fate
feb 17th: the damned things
feb 20th: whitechapel
feb 25th: human abstract/as blood runs black/born of osiris
feb 26th: chiodos/emarosa
march 18th: bring me the horizon/a day to remember