PDA

View Full Version : Bioshock full steam ahead!

lonewolfxix
08-17-2007, 01:13 PM
If you're worried that your pre-order for Bioshock may not arrive on the very first day of release, or you just fancy sitting in the comfort of your home without having to make a trip to your local store to pick up a copy, then there's good news for you.

Bioshock will be available via the Steam content delivery system on August 24th and today you can pre-order it from the official website..

We'll have a full review of Bioshock shortly, but in the meantime check out our hands-on preview.

Taking full advantage of both Microsoft platforms, BioShock takes place among the ruins of an underwater utopia. After your plane crashes into icy, uncharted waters, you discover a rusted bathysphere and descend into Rapture, a city hidden beneath the sea. Constructed as an ideal society for a hand-picked group of scientists, artists and industrialists, Rapture collapsed under the weight of its own idealism. Now the city is littered with corpses, wildly powerful guardians roam the corridors, mutated little girls scavenge the dead, and genetically modified citizens ambush you at every turn.

If you haven't checked it out already, there's an Xbox 360 demo available for download via the marketplace!

Source: Hexus.net: Bioshock full steam ahead! (http://gaming.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=9629)

Jasperking
08-17-2007, 08:12 PM
Bioshock looks like an awesome game. I felt really sorry for the people who got their game early from some american shops. Because they got an error which stated that the game wont work till the 24th :p. Although the xbox360 version didnt give the error...lucky people

lonewolfxix
08-17-2007, 08:16 PM
Makes me wish I was in America and had an Xbox 360.. eh? Can't wait for it's release and when I get my new PC sorted.. I'm planning on buying the Collector's Edition.. $80 lol

Scott
08-18-2007, 07:36 AM
I'm not going to be getting it when it's released. I am still looking for my 360 receipt to get my 360 fixed. I'll probably just wait till Next year to get it because it'll most likely go down in price quickly because it'll be a BIG Hit

Jasperking
08-18-2007, 10:02 AM
I have been looking at reviews on the demo for this game and i am amazed to see so many people satisfied with the game.

Usually demos kinda suck since they are so small but somehow this one appealed to a lot of people. Even people who said they didn't really like FPS games enjoyed it. Although there were a few people who said they didn't like it but im guessing they are the people who hate everything :p

From reading these reviews makes me more excited to get this game as the full game must be way better than the demo meaning it must be amazing lol XD

lonewolfxix
08-18-2007, 10:23 AM
Kind of reminds me when I played FEAR.. After the demo I just sat in my chair open mouthed, then I got the game and completed it with my mouth wide open.. Man I soo want to play this game.. I wonder if I can sell my PC parts now just to buy the game :D