PDA

View Full Version : Live Updates... again.... *sigh*

Dess
10-31-2010, 06:51 AM
And again....

On November 1, 2010, there will be a mandatory service update to Xbox LIVE. This update will both add new features to your service and also enhance the interface, navigation, and responsiveness of Xbox LIVE.

Full details of the new features being added to your service can be found on xbox.com.

To prepare you for the update, here are some Frequently Asked Questions and resources you can refer to as needed:

Q: Is there anything I need to do to start the update?
A: Beginning on November 1, 2010, you will receive a notification that an update to Xbox LIVE is available as soon as you start your Xbox 360 console. Use your controller to accept the update according to the on-screen instructions.

Q: What if I decline the service update?
A: If you decline the update, you will not be able to connect to Xbox LIVE until the update is accepted. You will still be able to use all of the offline features of your Xbox 360 console. Xbox LIVE features will be unavailable until the update is complete.

Q: How long will the update take to complete?
A: The time required to complete the update will vary based on your Internet connection speed. However, for most users, the update will require between 5 and 10 minutes to complete. You will not be able to use your Xbox 360 console while the update is processing.

Q: How will I know that the update has completed successfully?
A: Once complete, your Xbox 360 will restart as usual. You will notice a change to the layout of the Xbox LIVE Dashboard, a new color scheme, and new fonts being used.

Q: What do I do if the update does not complete successfully?
A: In the unlikely event that the update does not complete, please visit www.support.xbox.com (http://www.support.xbox.com) for information. This is the best resource for resolving any issues with your Xbox 360 console or LIVE service.

Thank you for being a valued member of Xbox LIVE. We hope you continue to enjoy the best in games, entertainment, and fun, brought to you by Xbox LIVE.

The Xbox LIVE Team

LiNuX
10-31-2010, 10:40 AM
You don't like updates?

And I'm surprised they don't let you connect to Live without the newest update installed.

HamadaLFC8
10-31-2010, 10:55 AM
I heard it's something for Kinect ya ?

TimmoUK
10-31-2010, 11:55 AM
For those that haven't seen it yet:

The New Xbox Software Is Here and It's Better (http://gizmodo.com/5650455/the-new-xbox-software-is-here)

Iceskater101
10-31-2010, 01:00 PM
eh this isn't a big deal.
if it only takes 5 minutes its not to bad for an update

jango
10-31-2010, 01:57 PM
eh this isn't a big deal.
if it only takes 5 minutes its not to bad for an update

I don't think you understand .. when Damage is in an impatient mood 10 seconds is too long. I blame myself for her state of mind .. clearly the lack of baerhugs has affected her patience :(

Dess
10-31-2010, 03:02 PM
I don't think you understand .. when Damage is in an impatient mood 10 seconds is too long. I blame myself for her state of mind .. clearly the lack of baerhugs has affected her patience :(

What he said.

But yes. I hate updates. I am the most impatient person on the planet. When I wanna play, I wanna play... I hate having to wait, especially if my friends are waiting on me.

Ilyich Valken
10-31-2010, 04:10 PM
It's for Kinect. And as for impatience.. just start it up when you don't feel like playing and let it download in the background.