PDA

View Full Version : New XBox 360 Dashboard

HamadaLFC8
11-01-2010, 08:15 AM
Your thoughts?

I actually find it pretty good. Looks A LOT cleaner and slicker and yeah I like it :) also the avatar setup thingy changed a bit, and I think it changed for the better! ;-)

Ilyich Valken
11-01-2010, 09:25 AM
I haven't gotten it yet, but I saw a preview for it. It's a lot cleaner and from what I saw, simpler due to Kinect and using it to navigate the dashboard. Downloading it as I type this lol I'll come back when it's done.

Edit: It seems nice. Though, it appears you need to re-download or re-initialize any downloaded avatar stuff. I like how they only show the "My Xbox" channel if you're not signed in. Glad premium themes still work - and actually look a hell of a lot better with the new set up. It seems a tad bit faster as is, too.

Th3-devils-princess
11-01-2010, 11:43 AM
i dont like it its too plan and squar :( i liked the old one bring it back damn you!!!!!!! :( :(

Ilyich Valken
11-01-2010, 11:52 AM
i dont like it its too plan and squar :( i liked the old one bring it back damn you!!!!!!! :( :(

Haha people are still wanting them to bring back the Blades dashboard back, and that one was absolutely horrid. It'll grow on ya :3

Samus-Fan
11-02-2010, 08:28 PM
I hate the new one, it's WAY too bright and white.

I liked the awesome-factor the old one had. This new one is boring, stupid, and the sounds bother me so much!

The Xbox Live Parties were changed too.
The voices in them are louder, and much MUCH worse quality. You can barely understand anyone.
Overall, Major Nelson has Majorly ruined the dashboard which had no problems from before.
Also, the game market place is screwed over. You can't find anything with this "Family" catagory.

dramadecay
11-02-2010, 08:41 PM
I prefer the old one.

addam
11-03-2010, 04:41 AM
At first i was weirded out but i've played enough and its growing on me. Now it would be hard to revert.

Th3-devils-princess
11-03-2010, 07:42 AM
Haha people are still wanting them to bring back the Blades dashboard back, and that one was absolutely horrid. It'll grow on ya :3

No it won't :( :( :( lol :)

catchme24
11-10-2010, 12:12 AM
Meh, I really never got into the avatar stuff or the features, I usually just go straight to the game. It's a little better, but I don't pay enough attention to it ;)

Dess
11-10-2010, 12:40 AM
Ya know what... if the BRIGHT WHTE dashboard is what I have to deal with for the better sound quality while on Live Parties... I'll take it..

TimmoUK
11-10-2010, 12:49 PM
I like it, haven't made up my mind whether I prefer this one or the old on yet though.

Samus-Fan
11-10-2010, 08:08 PM
Ya know what... if the BRIGHT WHTE dashboard is what I have to deal with for the better sound quality while on Live Parties... I'll take it..

Dunno what party you're in, all my friends and I are complaining it has too much noise, it's low quality, and louder.
But not in a good way. It's grainier sound, and hard to understand anyone.

Kenoi
11-10-2010, 09:24 PM
I saw both, & compared them... & I replied to my friend, I like the old one. . .

Dess
11-10-2010, 11:34 PM
My sound has gotten a ton better... *shrug*

But honestly..it's 6 one way, half dozen the other.... I'm there to play the game.. I don't spend much time on the dashboard... ^_^

W1CKEDTW1STED
11-11-2010, 11:20 AM
I agree on the brightness issues, however, I do notice it seems to move a little faster than the old one. Anyone else?

Th3-devils-princess
11-11-2010, 12:48 PM
I agree on the brightness issues, however, I do notice it seems to move a little faster than the old one. Anyone else?

yeah i noticed that as well that about the only thing i like lol :) :)

ares
02-07-2011, 05:34 PM
Bring back the old one the new one is a peace of crap!!!

Jayhmmz
02-07-2011, 05:54 PM
Piece*
Sorry, I couldn't resist :P It was too much of a blatant error.

The new dashboard is good and well designed, I don't get why you would have qualms over it.
I won't accept your dislike for it until you post some constructive reasons behind it, because otherwise, I will just believe that you're posting just for the sake of your post count being increased... am I right?

Prove me wrong please :P

ares
02-07-2011, 07:00 PM
Piece*
Sorry, I couldn't resist :P It was too much of a blatant error.

The new dashboard is good and well designed, I don't get why you would have qualms over it.
I won't accept your dislike for it until you post some constructive reasons behind it, because otherwise, I will just believe that you're posting just for the sake of your post count being increased... am I right?

Prove me wrong please :P

i dislike it because I'm used to the old one the new one makes weird noises and it is very bright and i get lost in it :P.

krestina
03-29-2011, 04:43 AM
goooooooood post