PDA

View Full Version : Headphones

Sickangel
11-06-2010, 06:21 AM
Im looking for the best set of musical hearing devices I can buy. Im looking at spending around 200 dollars. Specific links would be great. I would also like headphones with bass. Clarity is of utmost importance. I am displeased with my skullcandy skullcrushers. over the ear like the skullcrushers would be good... or ear hooked buds like the powerBeats. ear hooks simply because i need the buds to stay in my ear during sports.

Th3-devils-princess
11-06-2010, 07:29 AM
Skullcandy headphones are epic I recommend them to anyone I do like them !! On the plus side they look awesome as well hehe :) they have a nice sound as well :) :) you can also have the volum up and they dont crackle :) bonus :) hehe :)

Sickangel
11-06-2010, 07:36 AM
my skullcrushers crackle :/

Charlotte
11-06-2010, 07:41 AM
I like skullcandy

http://cdn.skullcandy.com/images/homepage/slide-eiki-helgason-lowrider.jpg

Ilyich Valken
11-06-2010, 07:53 AM
Skullcandy are good, but Sennheiser are generally praised as making great headphones.

Muffincat
11-06-2010, 11:37 AM
Ahahahah. Just wait until Dili gets to this thread. I'm sure he'll have things to offer you, being a giant pretentious music major music snob ;3

Wouldn't trust myself to give you very good advice on this topic. :P

Th3-devils-princess
11-06-2010, 01:50 PM
my skullcrushers crackle :/

Darn mine were okay I loved them till I droped then in a glass of water :( headphones are no more ;(
Hehe :) :) :)

LemonRising
11-06-2010, 02:28 PM
When you buy skullcandy, you're buying a look, not quality.
I wouldn't recommend them to anyone.

jango
11-06-2010, 02:31 PM
Personally I'd recommend Sennheiser .. when I've had headphones from them they've lasted for AGES, and the sound quality is very very good. The only downside is the price really, but you only need to look around to make savings there.

Currently I'm using Creative's Fatality which are nice and all, but not a touch on the Sennheisers I've had in the past.

Sickangel
11-06-2010, 11:27 PM
Which sennheiser would you recommend....

Samus-Fan
11-07-2010, 11:43 AM
Skullcandy are complete crap.
I'm being completely serious.
Steer clear of skullcandy anything, they're cheap and start getting overpriced for what they are.
The beats, worthless. They suck for the price as well.

Being all out serious, I haven't found a better pair than these:
Amazon.com: Audio Technica ATH-A700 Headphones: Electronics: Reviews, Prices more (http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-ATH-A700-Audio-Technica-Headphones/dp/B000E9VKUQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1289151791&sr=8-1)

They weigh nothing on your head, so you can wear them for hours on hours without feeling uncomfortable.
Amazing sound quality, I haven't beat it yet.
For what you're gonna pay, these are the best I can say to use.

jango
11-07-2010, 12:20 PM
Which sennheiser would you recommend....

Well I'd go with the PC161, I've had a set before and they were very good (sound, mic and comfort) ... Sennheiser: PC 161 (http://www.sennheiser.com/comm/icm_eng.nsf/root/500582?Open&print=)

.. but this is because I want great sound with great mic performance for co-op/multiplayer, or raiding in warcraft etc. In fact, I might even put another set on my Christmas list seeing as my current headset is on its last legs .. might as well buy what I know works well.

Jonareno
11-07-2010, 10:07 PM
Consider what you want to hear. If your looking for an exquisite musical experience I would recommend the Grado's. Sennheiser is also a good brand and you get the most bang for your buck.

I have a pair of Grado SR 125 and I love them. Clear high's and fairly defined lows. I love listening for fine details in music. After getting the Grado's and listening on a crappy amp I could already hear a lots sounds I didn't hear before. Recently I've been listening off my crappy set of computer speakers and I can hear the aliasing problems it has with dolby digital inputs. When I play recorders on my Riga P2 through an old analog amp, the Grado's have a very warm sound and I can hear a lot of detail.

The one draw back is Grado's are expensive. You have to really enjoy music and have a nice source to get the most from them. Otherwise I'd recommend Sennheiser.

RaiDae
11-11-2010, 06:29 AM
Rightio then.
point A - NEVER TOUCH A PAIR OF SKULLCANDYS AGAIN!!

Point b - Senheiser, phillips and bose are the three bandss i suggest. There's a sprting range from senheiser that are really good. Music quality is very good - but i don't think the bass is excellent. My current pair of headphones have just started failing - aside from their imminent death, they are the best pair of headphones i have ever had. They have THE best noise cancellation I have ever experienced - might as well use them as ear plugs when not listening to music. The bass is good and the music quality is superb. And bose are just awesome.

Sickangel
11-11-2010, 02:36 PM
What pair do you have rai?

RaiDae
11-11-2010, 02:59 PM
I wish i could tell you. But I don't know the name - the box is at home, if you remind me I'll check. However, i think that this Philips SHE9850/00 - In-Ear Headphones: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-SHE9850-00-In-Ear-Headphones/dp/B0016ISTOO/ref=sr_1_15?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1289508645&sr=1-15) is the newer version... that's just a guess though

Samus-Fan
11-11-2010, 06:51 PM
Everything and anything Bose is complete GARBAGE.
Don't even go near that crappy sound for $43,984,937,894,898

EpsilonX
11-11-2010, 06:55 PM
This is only slightly related, but do you like Porcupine Tree? Their leading man (Steve Wilson) is a huge audiophile and a music producer.

He did a bunch of videos of him destroying ipods because he hates them because they represent the popularity of compressed music.