PDA

View Full Version : Demos in 5 Minutes - Shattered Horizon (with dedication ..)

jango
11-07-2010, 03:52 PM
http://www.gamers-forum.com/imagehosting/215284cd71c16cb27e.jpg

If you like space-walking (let's face it, who doesn't, right?? Hello?) then this might be the game for you. Shattered Horizon (http://www.shatteredhorizon.com/) is a space-walking-shooting multiplayer game where you can own people in space even while you're upside down. The game came out back in November 2009 exclusively for the PC for around €19.95 / $19.95 / £14.95 (this is from the official site so might be cheaper elsewhere), and was featured on free-play on Steam.

- Experience intense zero gravity combat and complete freedom of movement in this multiplayer first-person shooter set in near-Earth space 40 years from now.
- Use your rocket pack to fly freely through space and then land on any surface. Engage your enemies in furious firefights, or ambush them from unexpected angles.
- Join your friends in action-packed 32 player battles fighting to control hollowed-out asteroids, huge fragments of Moon rock and the ruined remains of the International Space Station.
- Familiar and intuitive FPS controls let you take full advantage of the zero gravity environments while astonishing graphics and advanced lighting effects immerse you in the cold reality of combat in space.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slpFeZ488E4

Sickangel
11-07-2010, 05:02 PM
im glad you posted this... i was gonna waste time downloading and playing this

LiNuX
11-07-2010, 05:15 PM
Lethal Pengizzle...name of my first album.

I was gonna try the game but forgot...for some reason the gameplay reminded me of a bit of the old Unreal Tournament games I used to play.

Graphics look pretty good but doesn't look like a game I'd play for long.

jango
11-07-2010, 05:23 PM
im glad you posted this... i was gonna waste time downloading and playing this

hehe, glad I could save you the effort :p

Lethal Pengizzle...name of my first album.

I was gonna try the game but forgot...for some reason the gameplay reminded me of a bit of the old Unreal Tournament games I used to play.

Graphics look pretty good but doesn't look like a game I'd play for long.

Aye indeed. Also .. just as a side point .. when I listened to the intro music it was the first thing that came to mind .. now there's a scary thought ..

HamadaLFC8
11-07-2010, 06:57 PM
yeah.... um.... fail game ?

jango
11-07-2010, 06:59 PM
yeah.... um.... fail game ?

Aye pretty much .. might be good for people looking for a basic shooter in the style of Unreal Tournament or something, but anything more than that forget it.

HamadaLFC8
11-07-2010, 07:02 PM
ahha the best game about the video was the beginning and the end :P

jango
11-07-2010, 07:07 PM
ahha the best game about the video was the beginning and the end :P

The beginning just HAD to be done .. there was no avoiding it .. especially after spamming linux last night while a few beers were flowing :S

LiNuX
11-07-2010, 08:15 PM
The beginning was inevitable.

Aye indeed. Also .. just as a side point .. when I listened to the intro music it was the first thing that came to mind .. now there's a scary thought ..

The beginning music reminded me of Space Odyssey and Ric Flair.

jango
11-07-2010, 08:19 PM
The beginning music reminded me of Space Odyssey and Ric Flair.

That's because it was!

And at least I didn't start singing about Monkey Dancing or something .. I was tempted, but it seemed off-topic for an fps :S

LiNuX
11-07-2010, 08:22 PM
lol. And yeah I know it's the music of those two entities. But my point was that the music wasn't what reminded me of UT - I think...I don't remember. All I know is that when I see your character jump and shoot..it brought back memories of UT for me.

And if you started singing about a Monkey Dancing, well..that's what you should start off with on your next video.

jango
11-07-2010, 08:24 PM
Don't tempt me .. it might just happen, or more likely a very random version of it ..

And yeah you're right .. very UT .. and as I said to Hama ..

.. might be good for people looking for a basic shooter in the style of Unreal Tournament or something, but anything more than that forget it.

LiNuX
11-07-2010, 08:26 PM
Yeah I read that part and I couldn't agree more. But if I was given the choice...I'd just look for my UT game. Probably still have it around here.