PDA

View Full Version : What System is Best??

asdfjacob
11-08-2010, 01:08 AM
Hey Forum, I was wondering what console is the best. Because I own a Xbox 360, PS3 Slim, and a Wii. The thing is I'm planning on selling all my consoles but 1. I know that for sure the wii Is getting sold, beacause I rarely play it. But what's better. A xbox 360 or a PS3 Slim.

In my opinion I say that both Xbox and ps3 have multiplayer accesibility, but I say Xbox is better because unlike the ps3, The Xbox has good servers, whereas the PS3 has servers where often in Call of Duty I'll have Interuppted connection.

BUT!!!!!The PS3 has more problems that are less serious
A Xbox has Less problems thar are more serious.

Jaykub
11-08-2010, 01:12 AM
I have a Wii and I love it but the PS3 and XBox are great, so it really depends on which one you use and like more.

Linx_is_me
11-08-2010, 01:21 AM
I think you must way the cons and pro ...
Lets start with the Wii....
Cons -
The games have unupdated graphics since the game cube .
The games all seem to feel the same
The browser sucks
Most games require a friend code
It does not play any type of movie without a hack
- Pro
Um....nothing

xbox
- Cons
It cost money to play online ,
The games that are exsclusive to the xbox are not anything special Other then Gears of war
The internet setup is a wallet killer
The Online comunity is not that great
The System plays out of date HD movies
Pros
The graphics do look better on some games then the ps3

Ps3
Cons
.....um.... IDK
Pros
Online play is free and good
The playstation store is very useful
The games are great looking
The controllers are very ergonmic

I must admit as I wrote this I found that the xbox and the ps3 tie each other . Other then the great online play of the ps3
honestly I would go with the ps3

Raoul
11-08-2010, 04:40 AM
I would actually recommend a PC, because you can upgrade the PC every time and the games graphics and game play is more fun and beautiful for me.

Charlotte
11-08-2010, 07:23 AM
I like NDS, PS3 and PC. XD

EpsilonX
11-08-2010, 10:18 AM
I'd definitely sell the Wii. If you REALLY need gimmicky controls, get either Move or Kinect. If you really need mario, get a DS.

360 vs ps3 is a bit tougher of a decision though

donz2204
11-08-2010, 09:53 PM
hi... can any1 tel me which is best !! ps3 or the xbox.. am plannin to buy a console but confused wit wat to buy! also which model shud i buy .. ?? help me out pls ....

thnx :)

Jokersvirus
11-08-2010, 10:06 PM
Thats a matter of opinion donz, it depends on who you like better, Microsoft or Playstation. I personal enjoy xbox for alot of select titles, halo, and others. etc etc

Linx_is_me
11-08-2010, 10:15 PM
I think the base line for this which is better ps3 or xbox is ....
IF YOU ARE A ONLINE GAMER who is cheap ... PS3
If you are a online gamer who is not cheap and have friends who own either halo or Gears of war .... Xbox
If you like most any game ....Either ...but I vote ps3

HamadaLFC8
11-09-2010, 03:45 AM
xbox
- Cons
The games that are exsclusive to the xbox are not anything special Other then Gears of war

right... Halo is not special at all....:mad1:

WobbleSock
11-09-2010, 06:15 AM
IF YOU ARE A ONLINE GAMER who is cheap ... PS3

You do realize that the PlayStation 3 is more expensive, right? Just because it has "Free Online" doesn't mean it is cheap, if you want the best out of your PSN experience then you buy PSN Plus, which has a lot of great stuff.

I personally suggest keeping your PS3, because a lot of great PS3 exclusive titles are coming out next year [i.e. Killzone 3, Little Big Planet 2, SOCOM 4, inFamous 2, Resistance 3 etc.].

EDIT:

http://img541.imageshack.us/img541/7684/xkneaejpeg500x445.jpg (http://img541.imageshack.us/i/xkneaejpeg500x445.jpg/)

Muffincat
11-09-2010, 09:42 AM
You do realize that the PlayStation 3 is more expensive, right? Just because it has "Free Online" doesn't mean it is cheap, if you want the best out of your PSN experience then you buy PSN Plus, which has a lot of great stuff.

I personally suggest keeping your PS3, because a lot of great PS3 exclusive titles are coming out next year [i.e. Killzone 3, Little Big Planet 2, SOCOM 4, inFamous 2, Resistance 3 etc.].

EDIT:

http://img541.imageshack.us/img541/7684/xkneaejpeg500x445.jpg (http://img541.imageshack.us/i/xkneaejpeg500x445.jpg/)

1. Even if the PS3 is initially more expensive, yes, the Xbox 360 becomes more expensive over time if you pay to pay online.

2. Why on earth should you pay per month/year to game online with your friends when that is something that SHOULD be free? You're already paying for your internet connection.

3. PSN Plus seems pretty worthless to me, though I haven't looked at it extensively.

4. That picture is amazing.

Anyway, in reference to the first post, I've never had any problems with the PS3's online multiplayer, so I can't vouch for that - I don't play COD, but I've never gotten an interrupted connection at any point playing any of my games online.

I don't have an Xbox 360 (though there are two in this house :P), but I have played them, and I really don't like them as much as the PS3 (personal preference; not saying the console is necessarily "worse").

In the end, the only person who CAN answer this question is you. The differences between the consoles are minimal, and come down to fanboy/girl-ism and personal preferences. Whichever one you like more, play more, or has the most games that you enjoy for it --- keep that one.

EpsilonX
11-09-2010, 09:48 AM
1. Halo is frustrating and boring.
2. 360s are like $250, and PS3 is $300, right? 1 year of xbox live is $60. So if you wanna play online for a year, it's already more than the PS3.
3. 360 online is more in depth and the friends system is better i think, but the PS3 one works just as well.

Just look at which has better games, which has a more comfortable controller to you, etc.

Ilyich Valken
11-09-2010, 11:33 AM
I think you must way the cons and pro ...
Lets start with the Wii....
Cons -
The games have unupdated graphics since the game cube .
The games all seem to feel the same
The browser sucks
Most games require a friend code
It does not play any type of movie without a hack
- Pro
Um....nothing

xbox
- Cons
It cost money to play online ,
The internet setup is a wallet killer
The Online comunity is not that great
The System plays out of date HD movies
Pros
The graphics do look better on some games then the ps3

Ps3
Cons
.....um.... IDK
Pros
Online play is free and good
The playstation store is very useful
The games are great looking
The controllers are very ergonmic

I must admit as I wrote this I found that the xbox and the ps3 tie each other . Other then the great online play of the ps3
honestly I would go with the ps3

1. Halo is frustrating and boring.
2. 360s are like $250, and PS3 is $300, right? 1 year of xbox live is $60. So if you wanna play online for a year, it's already more than the PS3.
3. 360 online is more in depth and the friends system is better i think, but the PS3 one works just as well.

Just look at which has better games, which has a more comfortable controller to you, etc.

Biased posts are biased.. Sure, it's an opinionated topic but dear god, guys.

Sickangel
11-09-2010, 12:08 PM
I would actually recommend a PC, because you can upgrade the PC every time and the games graphics and game play is more fun and beautiful for me.

PC!!!! games graphics blow away any console system. Sounds as well.... internet connection is faster... better players on pc..... you can multitask on a pc... hence listen to music have a browser up, play your game, record your gameplay, livestream your gameplay, chat with other players on VOIP server even if they arent in your game... Only thing is there are hackers in some of the games :( probably more than the xbox or the ps3.... not even gonna mention the wii because i dont know if anyone would waste their time trying to hack a wii game to play on the net.... unless it was monster hunter... which btw is an amazing game....

P.S. Other: if your going to state the pros and cons of multiple systems, in any debate you will lose without stating both sides of the argument or at least recognizing the other side. I wouldnt say your post is biased. but extremely one dimensional and not only makes 0 sense but also negates your credibility on the topic.

donz2204
11-13-2010, 02:06 AM
:confused1:

ok... does the xbox give better quality in both hardware and video performance than the ps3?? ( worried abt the ring of death:confused1:)

ps: xbox fan boys pls dnt get me wrong !!! :spinny:

ps3???? ----------------------------------------------------

Jaykub
11-13-2010, 02:13 AM
:confused1:

ok... does the xbox give better quality in both hardware and video performance than the ps3?? ( worried abt the ring of death:confused1:)

ps: xbox fan boys pls dnt get me wrong !!! :spinny:

ps3???? ----------------------------------------------------

Hello,

Please don't double post or triple post. Just wait for someone to reply to the thread. Please be sure to check out our rules.. The link is in my sig.

Linx_is_me
11-13-2010, 02:28 AM
Here read this is might help you . It also shows that for the most part the ps3 is better . Xbox 360 vs. PlayStation 3: The Hardware Throwdown - Gear Feature at IGN (http://gear.ign.com/articles/111/1116182p1.html)

W1CKEDTW1STED
11-13-2010, 07:18 AM
I love my XBOX 360, so I am a bit partial. :P

I'd only get the PS3 for its blu-ray capabilities. Other than that, I still feel that the XBOX 360 has better graphics, but that's just me.

And for blu-ray, I have a Samsung Blu-Ray player. :)

Ilyich Valken
11-13-2010, 07:23 PM
Here read this is might help you . It also shows that for the most part the ps3 is better . Xbox 360 vs. PlayStation 3: The Hardware Throwdown - Gear Feature at IGN (http://gear.ign.com/articles/111/1116182p1.html)

Lolno. Take ANYTHING and EVERYTHING IGN says with a rather large grain of salt. Afterall, you can't spell ignorant without IGN. Aside from that, the PS3 really isn't better "for the most part". It's about on par with the xbox.

For the most part, unless you keep your xbox in a shoebox while playing it and leaving it on day after day, you won't be having any problems with the RROD. Even less so with the new models.

Samus-Fan
11-14-2010, 12:56 AM
I'll admit I'm a 360 fanboy, but Other_are_there, you had the most biased post on this whole thread.

If you really did own and play all 3, you'd know the real pros and cons of each.
Online you make a big fuss about, everyone, it levels down to about 2 cents a day.
Is that that bad?

"Exclusives" can mean a lot to you I guess.
Never effected me in any way.
Other, your "Only GOW" was so ignorant.

If we're talking QUANTITY of exclusives, as you sound so pressed on, then you're saying the Wii is the best.
EVERY SINGLE ONE OF IT'S GAMES ARE AN EXCLUSIVE.
No one ever looks at it that way.

Personally, 360 imo.
I love the controller feel a lot better. More comfortable for long sessions.
Better online.
Even if I have to pay my 2 pennies a day.
If you really are interested in those Move and Kinect, Kinect is better imo again.
Who wants to wave a wand with an obnoxious glowing ball around like an idiot?
Not saying Kinect doesn't make you look like one too.
I'm not a fan of either, really.

ROFLBRYCE
11-14-2010, 03:06 AM
I'm an online player. I prefer the 360. Paid service that offers more, because you pay for it. When I do want to chill out with an RPG or something, I'll take the PS3. When I'm with friends hanging out casually, I'll pop in Mario Bros. or DJ Hero on my Wii and just have fun.

All 3 systems are great in their own respective ways. Xbox- Online, PS3- Offline/Entertainment, Wii- Party games. Just my opinion though.