PDA

View Full Version : Modern Warfare on PC

mjfdrums
11-10-2010, 07:34 AM
Hello all. I just got the new Modern Warfare Black Ops. I set up a steam account and everything seemed to be going well. When i began playing the game for the first time, the game was really slow and sloppy. The game would run for about three seconds and then it would become choppy. I exited the game and reinstalled it thinking that was the problem. When i went back into the game, i, i got the same problem. I defragmented all of my hard drives to see if that was the problem. When i played the game again, the only good thing was the menu looked alright but the first level was still choppy. I updated my video drivers and i am still having the same problem. Can anyone offer any suggestions on what i can try to smooth the game out?

LiNuX
11-10-2010, 08:17 AM
What graphics card do you have? And visit Can You Run It?
(http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/) and see if the game will run on your PC.

Also try setting the graphics settings to a minimum. And finally download a program like speedfan and keep an eye on your PC temperature. Something could be over heating. I had a similar problem several years ago with an Old GPU.

mjfdrums
11-10-2010, 10:49 AM
Thanks for the tip. I also have modern warfare 2 on my computer as well. I did a test play and i was able to run that just fine. Should i duplicate the settings in modern warfare 2 to black ops? My graphics card is a nvidia geforce 9500 GT.

jango
11-10-2010, 10:50 AM
I would if I were you, and tweak them as required.

LiNuX
11-10-2010, 10:56 AM
9500 isn't so bad. I know people still using it and runs a lot of games just fine. If tweaking settings doesn't work, check the temperature.