PDA

View Full Version : Others Music Discovery # 1

Linx_is_me
11-13-2010, 12:41 AM
Well here is my Music Discivery number #1 . I have a good feeling that not many of you if any of you have ever seen this . So I decided that I would right you guys some articles on random Music I find that catches my eye like you may have not heard of it before .

First here is a song by them Contains Explicit language .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cegdR0GiJl4
Information From Wiki Pedia and most information was backed up by some other Google Searches I did .

Die Antwoord lead vocalist Ninja (born Watkin Tudor Jones) was a part of the South African hip-hop scene for many years, fronting such acts as The Original Evergreen, MaxNormal.TV and The Constructus Corporation.[4] He is known for adopting different stage personas. In the case of Die Antwoord his persona is Ninja: a vulgar and aggressive character who is very different from his previous incarnations. When asked whether Ninja was a character he said, "Ninja is, how can I say, like Superman is to Clark Kent. The only difference is, I don't take off this fokken Superman suit."[5]

Die Antwoord was later created as a group in 2008, consisting of performers Ninja, Yo-Landi Vi$$er (Yolandi Visser), and DJ Hi-Tek.[3] Their debut album $O$ was made available as a free download on their official website.[6] $O$ features Cape Flats rappers Garlic Brown (aka Knoffel Bruin), Scallywag and Isaac Mutant, and Jack Parow and Jaak Paarl (aka Jaak). In 2009 South African cinematographer Rob Malpage (along with co-director Ninja) shot the video for their single "Enter the Ninja."[7] The video became popular on the internet nine months later, delivering millions of hits to the official Die Antwoord website. Their original South African hosting provider, Hetzner, disabled their hosting account following massive bandwidth overage caused by the traffic following the site launch.[3] The group were forced to move their hosting to a US-based hosting provider to handle the traffic. The "Enter The Ninja" video also features Leon Botha, a prominent Cape Town artist who is one of the world's oldest survivors of progeria .

Other's thoughts
I found it it especially interesting how one of the members of this group used a Handicap boy for the music video . I had to do some more searches on it I did not find out a exact reason why but I would guess it was to show that anyone can get far . The message that the singer is trying to convey is good and all but I could not get over his age . I honestly just randomly came across this with a youtube search of the ninja song . After a couple views of the song I soon remembered how they were featured in a season two episode of Tosh.o . He was mainly makeing fun of his Suggestive crotch movements . Other than that the only other thing I found important enought to point out was the singer . I would had at first said that she is not a real singer . I have of recent found out about kate nash who I would have also called not singing but I am becoming more understanding of the vast amounts of Singing in this world . I would like to know your thoughts on my article . Please to comment with thoughts on this group and of my Article .

Other links
[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q77YBmtd2Rw"]The Music Video From Tosh.o Full[/URL
After watching a few more songs and watching some interviews with these guys . It would seem the girl is in it for the art and the effect on the people . The guy just want to offend people . I watched a video Called evil boy . It was so explicit I am sure I would be banned for posting it on here .

insert_cliche_here
11-13-2010, 07:25 PM
'The handicapped boy' is actually 25 year old Leon Botha. He's a painter & musician and is quite well known in South Africa. He suffers from progeria, which is an genetic disease that basically means aging doesn't happen on it's natural time line. He's actually one of the oldest known progeria patients, usually a sufferer wouldn't make it past their teens because of all the complications it causes, especially with the heart.
Yolandi sings and raps. She and Ninja share the vocals.

Linx_is_me
11-14-2010, 03:07 PM
'The handicapped boy' is actually 25 year old Leon Botha. He's a painter & musician and is quite well known in South Africa. He suffers from progeria, which is an genetic disease that basically means aging doesn't happen on it's natural time line. He's actually one of the oldest known progeria patients, usually a sufferer wouldn't make it past their teens because of all the complications it causes, especially with the heart.
Yolandi sings and raps. She and Ninja share the vocals.

Sorry I was not trying to take the spot light off of him by saying oh he is that handicap boy . I googled all over I could not find his name . So thank you for telling me . Also I never found a video in which Yolandi Raps . If you could post it up that e interesting . Thanks :)

insert_cliche_here
11-14-2010, 08:23 PM
It's all good, my response probably came off as quite snarky, but I didn't intend it to be :)
As for Yolandi rapping, she does no several songs on their album $O$. The one that's basically all her is called Rich B****h. I saw a special edition of that cd at JB Hi-Fi yesterday, so it is around to purchase. Or you can download it.
I think the only song they actually have a video for is Enter The Ninja, although that could have changed since the last time I searched :)

Aha! This isn't an actual video, but here's the song I was talking about :)

Obviously there is a lot of profanity

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjI3m1Y-8mw&feature=related