PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 outselling PS3 in the UK.

Scott
08-19-2007, 07:07 AM
Link (http://xboxer.tv/2007/08/xbox_360_outselling_ps3_in_the.html)

"That's a fact, although actual numbers have not been released. UK thing-sales-counter Chart Track says Nintendo's Wii is outselling PlayStation3 by a margin of 6:1, while it's only outselling Xbox 360 by a margin of 4:1.

So Eurogamer's news story is actually mainly about Wii kicking the arses off everything else by a mile, but it's nice to know that even with the new PS3 "value" pack including a couple of free games, Xbox 360's holding its own in the UK.

Now we just need a decent Xbox 360 price cut to kick it up another notch and oust the Sony menace from gaming for good."

The situation in my local GAME reflects what this article is saying. The 360's are being swiped from the shelves every week, they can hardly keep up with demand, and the PS3 boxes are gaining dust in the backdoor storage room.

cwbolton
08-19-2007, 07:29 AM
of couse it will there similar good quality but the 360 is alot cheaper now if ps3 was the same price as the 360 then the ps3 would be a world wide fad

LiNuX
08-19-2007, 03:46 PM
no surprise here, everyone expects 360 to outsell ps3, not until ps3 has more consoles in stock and price is a lot cheaper, it wont sell as much as 360 and definitely not more than the wii

pstigles
08-19-2007, 05:45 PM
Same opinion here....im a 360 owner, only bought my 360 when the price went down a bit though. waiting for the ps3 to go down now =)

Scott
08-20-2007, 12:24 AM
I dont know if I'll ever buy a PS3. Most games on the PS3 are on the 360 anyway. Besides MGS4 and Ratchet and Clank there is nothing on it that interests me

cwbolton
08-20-2007, 06:45 AM
yeah well i read that within a year there price will go from like 600 USD to 200 USD so next year we better get on the look out lol

lonewolfxix
08-20-2007, 08:05 AM
there's loads of stock on the PS3, hence why the prices are going down - to shift them - besides pricing them down as technology gets better, anyway. Man I thought the 360 would be losing, as most British people I know love the 360, I think I have 3 ps3 owning friends to one xbox 360 owning friend and wii owning friend.

cwbolton
08-20-2007, 09:26 AM
i love the 360 everyone loves it why not next gen loads of features and a damn site cheaper than a ps3 the only thing keeping the ps3 alive is that its from sony

lonewolfxix
08-20-2007, 10:03 AM
Alot of people reckon Sony will actually win the format war, right now it seems possible but it's only because people believe when you buy a console you shouldn't have to buy add-ons like HD-DVD drives etc.

And the thing is, all PS3 users say "because Xbox 360 doesn't have a bluray drive it'll become outdated" Untrue. if BluRay DOES finally win the format war for a 2nd or 3rd time. the Xbox 360 will just get a firmware update to run a BluRay Drive, if HD-DVD wins, the ps3 gets put in the kids play den and out comes the HD-DVD player!

I think Microsoft made the right move making it an extra and selling it off for a lot cheaper and at an earlier time. Early adopters of a console form the foundation, and the earlier those foundations are set the stronger they are by the time others are looking to build so it grabs more people in and makes a thriving community of people with everyone playing with eachother and console prices plummeting due to popularity (as the parts become cheaper and machines running at full load to make more and more equalling better cost effective-ness) so more and more people have access to the console, even if SONY does win the format war, they haven't won the console war, not by a long shot.

Gamoc
08-21-2007, 09:30 AM
the 360 does nothing that a PC can't do.

the PS3 can, and does, it's just too dear at the moment. As soon as the price drops...

lonewolfxix
08-21-2007, 10:37 AM
What can't the PC do that the PS3 can? I can't think of one, oh wait, yeah, cost too much and not actually be any good. the PC can do everything in the computer domain, it can be used for designing, websurfing, gaming, chatting, video creating, I can't name a thing it can't do except cost a lot more than it's actually worth.

So Xbox 360 is outselling the ps3 but Blu-Ray is outselling HD-DVD... it's obvious why.. Let's hope Microsoft put a HD-DVD drive in the Ultimate.