PDA

View Full Version : Evony

RecreationalGamer
11-16-2010, 02:42 AM
Any Evony players out there? Why or why not? What's your server?

LiNuX
11-16-2010, 07:08 AM
Saw so many ads, and still do, which kinda turned me the other way. Never gave it a go.

How is it for you?

RecreationalGamer
11-16-2010, 08:50 AM
Meh...I might bookmark it on my smart phone browser (sphrowser). Played it regularly a while back and it is fun to team up on cities, work with other clans to take out a common enemy, and one of our members made us a ventrillo server so that was cool.

I tired of the repitition though. Eventually you start realizing the number of rich enemies (in real life) whose cities will never go down.

As a game, I give it 4 out of 10.

Jokersvirus
11-16-2010, 09:14 AM
I played it about 6 months ago but since i became a prime target cause I ran my mouth to some little ahole for attacking me and what not i kinda quit.

RecreationalGamer
11-16-2010, 12:37 PM
I played it about 6 months ago but since i became a prime target cause I ran my mouth to some little ahole for attacking me and what not i kinda quit.

I actually rather enjoyed my time there now that I think of it. I worked for one clan as a spy. They would detach me from the clan and I would gain access to another clan by joining it, all the meanwhile sending private messages to my real clan.

I acted like a complete noob to this clan, it was in the top 10 of my server. They were threatening my real clan, which ranked in the mid 20's. After several days of small talk and planning big hits against my real clan (lol), I became "good chat buddies" with the clan's leader. I told him I had really good information, but I also really wanted to be ranked a second step below the clan's leader....if only for just a minute.

Again, acting like a complete noob, I convinced the leader that I would only cherish it for a moment and then give him the info. What an idiot, he gave me the role, and I instantly began deleting other leaders and clan members below me, one by one, until the list was virtually empty. Within five minutes I had been booted from the clan, but now my real clan was able to attack many of their leaders who were at that point unable to call for help!

It was victorious. I subsequently stopped playing a few weeks later.

BobTD
11-17-2010, 11:58 PM
I put a lot of effort into this once upon a time and started a city right as the server launched and dominated a region and was an officer in the number one clan. But the game mechanics are a little screwy and there is just a lot of farming if you powergame it.

Wasnt really to fun, the social deception and back stabbery was a lot of fun though, I multi accounted for a while and spied on our rivals and even caused dissent and got players to quite clans to weaken them. I think the social engineering was the best part of that game.