PDA

View Full Version : Should i buy a ps3 or suggestion of ps2 game

skysc
11-17-2010, 02:47 PM
Hi guys , first lets just begin by saying im not a hardcore gamer . i use to play nintendo when i was oyung and got back to it in 2008 by buying getting a gamecube and ps2 . these are the 2 consoles i own .

i was thinking about the ps3 but i feel theres still plenty of games that might worth form the ps2 library . not being a hardcore gamer i only play a few games a years . Ive only played grand theft auto san andreas and godfather so far on the ps2 and some tony hawk pro skater ( a couple of zelda on the gamecube).

ive never played final fantasy x for exemple or tried a Medal of honor -frontline (wwII shooter ) , god of war , resident evil , silent hill etc..

should i upgrade to a ps3 now and play the newer version of these franchise of should i play the ps2 library before going to ps3 .

the ps2 graphics are very good IMO . im more about the gameplay and cleverness of the game .

so whats your thought on ps3 vs ps2 as far as fun goes ???

are storyline as good on the ps3 or its just same story , same franchise with stunning new graphic ???

should i stick to ps2 where i pay games like 5 $ or upgrade to the ps3 .

Linx_is_me
11-17-2010, 06:49 PM
Hi guys , first lets just begin by saying im not a hardcore gamer . i use to play nintendo when i was oyung and got back to it in 2008 by buying getting a gamecube and ps2 . these are the 2 consoles i own .

i was thinking about the ps3 but i feel theres still plenty of games that might worth form the ps2 library . not being a hardcore gamer i only play a few games a years . Ive only played grand theft auto san andreas and godfather so far on the ps2 and some tony hawk pro skater ( a couple of zelda on the gamecube).

ive never played final fantasy x for exemple or tried a Medal of honor -frontline (wwII shooter ) , god of war , resident evil , silent hill etc..

should i upgrade to a ps3 now and play the newer version of these franchise of should i play the ps2 library before going to ps3 .

the ps2 graphics are very good IMO . im more about the gameplay and cleverness of the game .

so whats your thought on ps3 vs ps2 as far as fun goes ???

are storyline as good on the ps3 or its just same story , same franchise with stunning new graphic ???

should i stick to ps2 where i pay games like 5 $ or upgrade to the ps3 .
I am just like that , I just sold my ps2 for a ps3 . Becuase I get everything late . As for game cubes I have had atleast 8 of those . Now for my advice , I would get a backwards compatible ps3 . But if you just want a list of really good ps2 games .
Metal Gear solid 2
Metal Gear soli 3
Killzone
Fatal Frame
Resident Evil Code veronica .
If you want more tell me

ROFLBRYCE
11-17-2010, 07:19 PM
Shadow of the Collosus is an amazing game for PS2, along with any Final Fantasy games, or games in the "Tales" series. (Tales of Symphonia, Tales of Legendia, etc.) Ratchet and Clank was a good series, as well as Okami. There are a ton of good PS2 games, look up a Top Ten list or something, or as posted above, get a backwards compatibility PS3. Then you can play PS1, 2, and 3 games!! :D

RaiDae
11-18-2010, 06:13 AM
I think the answer is fairly obvious :) If you've barely played any ps2 games as it is, why bother spending money on a ps3 which you (probably) won't play that much. I'd suggest sticking with the ps2 for now :) if the nummber of hours you spend on the ps2 increases drastically, you may want to look into buying a ps3 at that point. But right now, just get some awesome games and rock out on the ps2.
Personally, i'd suggest devil may cry, red ninja, kingdom hearts and prince of persia. but it's all down to what you like :)

Th3-devils-princess
11-18-2010, 06:56 AM
I love the ps3 but at the other guys say if you don't play that often waste of money as for games I think prince of Persia awesome game :) :)

RecreationalGamer
11-18-2010, 04:42 PM
You might as well get a Nintendo Wii if you're looking to purchase something that has a limited amount of good games.

If I were you, I would stock up on PS2 games and relive the past. Hell of a system.

Top Ten PS2 Games of All Time
http://playstation.about.com/od/toppicks/tp/TopTenPS2Games.htm

Top Ten Best-Looking PS2 Games Of All Time
http://ps2.ign.com/articles/606/606189p1.html

thekawasakiboy
11-20-2010, 12:47 PM
Hello:D, i before, all i owned was ps2, i got ps3 to my birthday, and i LOVE it:D... i just wanted to tell you, PS3 PWNS!:D
:P... haha