PDA

View Full Version : Programs for capturing PC Gaming

W1CKEDTW1STED
11-19-2010, 10:32 AM
What programs do you guys use for capturing you game play on a PC?

I want to do some video capture of me playing TF2 and post it up. I think you guys would get a good laugh out of how easy a pyro is to play and own. :)

crapdesign
11-19-2010, 10:34 AM
Im using Fraps, its kinda hard to use, Use youtube to learn how;)

thekawasakiboy
11-19-2010, 10:57 AM
Yeah, Fraps:D, First, i used my real camera, But it fails!, find some recordingprogram instead

Jokersvirus
11-19-2010, 11:10 AM
When I get my new video card sometime in the next few weeks we should game it up wicked. Last time I played TF2 All i did was scream, yell and make everyone go wtf and lawl

but to answer your question, fraps is a good one, you could get a hd capture device but those are like hundreds of bucks.

W1CKEDTW1STED
11-19-2010, 11:13 AM
When I get my new video card sometime in the next few weeks we should game it up wicked. Last time I played TF2 All i did was scream, yell and make everyone go wtf and lawl

but to answer your question, fraps is a good one, you could get a hd capture device but those are like hundreds of bucks.

Definitely! I actually have my own TF2 server we can use to mess around on. It's not very popular. My friends and I play on it on occasion.

My steamid is Supernaturaltech. I kind of wish I thought my new Gamertag I have now back then. :(

Diligence109
11-19-2010, 11:21 AM
I've only ever heard of Fraps and it's always the app that's recommended... probably for good reason, I'd assume.

I'm not sure if it's completely free. I'm sure there are people on the forum that know worlds more about this than I...

jango
11-19-2010, 01:45 PM
I've only ever heard of Fraps and it's always the app that's recommended... probably for good reason, I'd assume.

I'm not sure if it's completely free. I'm sure there are people on the forum that know worlds more about this than I...

Yeah, Fraps is cheap and very solid .. I use it for my game recording and occasionally for screenshots. It's very good, and isn't a resource hogger when you use it hehe.

Jaykub
11-19-2010, 01:50 PM
I don't often record stuff but when I do I use: CamStudio - Free Screen Recording Software (http://camstudio.org/)

LiNuX
11-19-2010, 01:53 PM
Search for WeGame. It's a free software and it's pretty good. Better than fraps in the sense that it's free and the saved files are more compressed so it doesn't take up like 30 gigs for 5 minutes of video.

W1CKEDTW1STED
11-19-2010, 02:10 PM
Thanks for the input all. I will try these out!

Charlotte
11-19-2010, 07:53 PM
I use fraps although it make your game a little bit laggy. Beside, you may also try Camtasia studio.

jango
11-19-2010, 08:02 PM
I use fraps although it make your game a little bit laggy. Beside, you may also try Camtasia studio.

Yeah I've noticed that about Fraps more recently .. esp during my review-making. I might give a couple of others a try too .. but it's hard for me to turn away from Fraps, we're old friends hehe.

Charlotte
11-19-2010, 08:07 PM
Yeah I've noticed that about Fraps more recently .. esp during my review-making. I might give a couple of others a try too .. but it's hard for me to turn away from Fraps, we're old friends hehe.

During your game review, the fraps doesn't seem to make your review laggy. (powerful pc) :P

Sickangel
11-20-2010, 01:40 AM
Fraps is the best capture program. BUT... fraps doesnt compress the video feed as it is happening so you end up with very large video files... this being the case sometimes your computer may lag because you either have a slow hard drive or a slow CPU or both.... in my case i have a fast CPU and fast Video cards but because my HDD is a 5200 RPM drive rather than your 7200 or 10k RPM drives it can lag my game up depending on the intensity of the game regardless of the video settings.... hope this helps

jango
11-20-2010, 01:55 AM
Fraps is the best capture program. BUT... fraps doesnt compress the video feed as it is happening so you end up with very large video files... this being the case sometimes your computer may lag because you either have a slow hard drive or a slow CPU or both.... in my case i have a fast CPU and fast Video cards but because my HDD is a 5200 RPM drive rather than your 7200 or 10k RPM drives it can lag my game up depending on the intensity of the game regardless of the video settings.... hope this helps

I think this is the main reason I've stuck with it, especially recently .. I only upload HD vids, and it helps when there's not 'over' compression especially when certain sites compress anyway.

ROFLBRYCE
11-20-2010, 10:56 AM
Fraps is always good, but I use Hypercam. It's easier to use, but it seems to me there is a quality cut. Just be known that whatever program you use will really drag down performance, unless you've got a fairly good PC.

Aniki
11-20-2010, 11:37 AM
I recommend FRAPS, but aTube Catcher is also a good program. It has a lot recording-related options, and it records in HD! Totally free, while you have to buy Fraps. But if you are using Windows 7, aTube Catcher doesn't record sound YET in that OS. =/

CasuallySmart
11-23-2011, 10:44 AM
I have found FRAPS the easiest and probably the best too. My only issue with it is that the filesizes are huge so be prepared to have a chunk of your hardrive taken up

TheBryanFury16
11-23-2011, 12:31 PM
FRAPS here too! =P

Kenoi
11-23-2011, 04:27 PM
tried out that WeGame, I was about to say that, but linux claimed it already. haha

its pretty good cause its free. i never had problems with it.

qprider
12-29-2011, 12:09 PM
I have to go with Fraps ... definitely, definitely not the easiest to use, but kind of the standard.

Exodyus
12-29-2011, 12:24 PM
FRAPS is so easy to use, even a G-F.com kid can use it.

Lolol. Seriously though, if you think FRAPS is hard to use, you shouldn't be using a computer. It's that simple.

betodeth
12-30-2011, 01:00 AM
fraps but it's to heavy..

Autopops
01-07-2012, 06:33 AM
Xsplit broadcast is what i use

El Pantera Insano
01-07-2012, 08:20 AM
I have got to agree with the majority of people in here.. Fraps does the job well, just make sure you have enough space on your HDD if you record in the highest quality :)

vznwonder
01-10-2012, 07:13 PM
if you have a console and not the best computer get a hdpvr

rensonjohn21
01-21-2012, 09:53 PM
use fraps. but if your pc is not that powerful. you will experience a little bit lag while recording on fraps

Tails
07-04-2012, 10:29 PM
Fraps but ironicly i use a Dazzel to cap my 360 on my PC

bihguy
01-13-2013, 02:48 PM
Try ezvid, it is a free screen capturing program for games, with no commentary at the same time, you can record that later with the same program. I would recommend you to firs start audacity (or any other audio recording program) firs, then open ezvid and enter the name of your game and then record both at the same time (with some editing at the end). Be sure that you have enough space or if possible record on an external disc.
Hope it helps.
See ya.

denboyz
01-14-2013, 12:41 AM
I have tried a lot of the ones mentioned and i just have to say they are all good choices but for capturing games i would have to say i love razer game booster

M0LT3N
03-16-2013, 05:12 PM
fraps is all good, but i like bandicam. its great for single-player gameplay capturing.