PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft Kinect

Fummbles
11-21-2010, 06:30 AM
Has anyone else tried the new Kinect system? I just want to know how it compares.:radar: I have herd it is amazing!

WobbleSock
11-21-2010, 06:42 AM
Both Sony & Microsoft failed. Kinect & Move? For the love of Sweetwater, what were they THINKING?!?!?

I guess if you have kids, then Kinect would be good with those Kinectimals puppy hippy crap they have. I don't even see why people who are into sports would be interested; if you want to play god damn tennis then go outside and play instead of standing there swinging your hands around like a madman.

thedeparted
11-21-2010, 06:50 AM
Exactly. the gaming industry is going to laughable places. I'll stick with how it used to be ya know with a good ol' fun control. Not all these ridiculous fads to try and pull in the dumb of world that can't or refuse to play games with a controller

WobbleSock
11-21-2010, 06:57 AM
To be honest, I don't care too much what they are doing as long as they don't do anything to FPS games. If I even hear a god damn rumour of kinect/move being implemented in a future FPS game that I want to buy then I will be pissed beyond whatever was the most angst filled event of all time.

I don't care if you can molest little sheep in Kinectimals or play tennis in Move, but if they start bringing that liberal crap to the FPS genre of games...

Lets just say it would be a violation of our gamer human rights.

RecreationalGamer
11-21-2010, 07:22 AM
Well now wait a minute...

Kinect has a lot of potential. This post may not be suitable for anyone under the age of 18+. If you are under the age of 18+, well...you'll probably read on anyways but that's my disclaimer and I'm stickin to it.

Hello? Kinect?? It's time to nut up. Imagine an adult-themed game for Kinect. Need i say more? But I will just in case I do.

You know how Wii and Kinect have Fitness games? Ya know...it reads what your body is doing and you get points, or credit, or maybe just a slap on the back for doing a good job. And if you don't know how to work out that well...it will give you pointers. Maybe even a simulated tutorial.

Yeah...

Need I say more?

Imagine the online competition for an adult-themed game, the mini-games involved, and let's not forget, the family-fun joy of Kinect all in one package.

WobbleSock
11-21-2010, 07:38 AM
Dude...

DUDE!!!!

If you are desperate enough to find that appealing, then you really need to seek out a cheap brothel.

RecreationalGamer
11-21-2010, 07:45 AM
LOL maybe so...

But you gotta admit Kinect is the only system that could make such an in-depth (no pun intended) adult-themed game. And I'm not talking about doing it with NPCs. lol though that would be hilarious cause people do it all the time in Fable III and can't even see what's going on.

Like me.

But anywayz...

Body-motion sensor, facial recognition (lolz), I'm just sayin...I wouldn't necessarily invest all my time in the game, but it would be GREAT for married couples! Again, this would be a two-player game, possibly some one-player options such as Practice, Survival Mode (lol), the list goes on and on friends.

And please, adult games have been raiding consoles since the dawn of NES. So...if NES can do it, surely Kinect can. :)

EpsilonX
11-21-2010, 12:05 PM
Ilyich has connect, he got it the day it came out (i was with him)

But anyways, sure maybe it's gimmicky now, but there aren't many other places we can expand video gaming to aside from 3D or other kinds of controls. Would you rather it just stayed in one place or continued to expand in different directions? Video games without a controller is called innovation. Right now, it's somewhat gimmicky i'd say though due to the fact that there are no controllers you can't really do much, but i'm sure they'll find ways to fix that in the future.

Imagine it now. a video game that's in 3D where you use your body to play. that's almost like virtual reality in a sense. I don't think controllers will ever go away as an option though

Ilyich Valken
11-21-2010, 02:04 PM
First off, Wobble. Don't go off spouting **** about a thing you know nothing about. Sure, it may be gimmicky now but it has potential, a lot more potential than any upcoming FPS does of furthering the genre further than it's current state. Maybe you should try something before railing against it with everything you have.

Second, why is it that no matter what topic it is, you've always got some aggressive, self-informed opinion that anyone who thinks differently is a moron to think so, and never something positive?

EpsilonX
11-21-2010, 05:05 PM
First off, Wobble. Don't go off spouting **** about a thing you know nothing about. Sure, it may be gimmicky now but it has potential, a lot more potential than any upcoming FPS does of furthering the genre further than it's current state. Maybe you should try something before railing against it with everything you have.

This exactly. Like I brought up in my previous post, they could combine Kinect with some form of 3D for a really immersive video game experience. Or they could do something like this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jd3-eiid-Uw

There isn't much area to explore anymore if you want to make big pushes while still sticking to a 2D display and a standard controller.

Second, why is it that no matter what topic it is, you've always got some aggressive, self-informed opinion that anyone who thinks differently is a moron to think so, and never something positive?

Unrelated, but this is exactly the reason why I hate music snobs.

RecreationalGamer
11-21-2010, 05:13 PM
Are you guys talking about my adult-themed Kinect idea? :D jk

EpsilonX
11-21-2010, 05:24 PM
Are you guys talking about my adult-themed Kinect idea? :D jk

I'm actually trying to forget about that lol

RecreationalGamer
11-21-2010, 05:26 PM
well i will be sure to remind the forum at least once a month of this game idea until it is made! haha, jk...

WobbleSock
11-21-2010, 11:56 PM

Calm down, this is only the internet. Don't get butthurt over what people say here.

All I need to know is that neither Kinect or Move have anything to offer which I find remotely interesting. Virtual Animals and Virtual Sports are not my type of thing. I am not interested in how realistic or how well implemented it is; the fact remains that neither Kinect or Move has anything that I am interested in. Perhaps if they released an MMA sort of game then maybe I would look into it...

I also didn't realize that there was a race going on between Kinect & FPS games. I also cant get a Kinect because I don't play on Xbox [Even though I do own it], but I did indeed try Kinect at a friends house and in my opinion it was nothing more but a upgraded version of the PS2's Eye-Toy.

Aggressive? I didn't know that disagreeing with people was a sign of aggresivness. Just because I disagree with a lot of things people say doesn't mean I think they are a moron. Please, show me a thread where I have called someone a moron because we disagreed, because at the moment you are just slandering me without any evidence to back it up.

In fact, I should mention that you are showing the traits that you are accusing me of; How do you know that I know nothing about the Kinect? Just making assumptions about me not knowing anything about the subject simply because I disagree with you.

Hypocrite.

jango
11-22-2010, 12:02 AM
Chill pill anyone?

Please try and respect other people's views .. and don't cause drama - makes you look a bit silly.

Let's get back on topic please.

RecreationalGamer
11-22-2010, 12:18 AM
butthurt

Just curious, did you get "butthurt" from Fark.com or is that a popular catch-phrase I missed? I saw that on Fark.com a few hours ago and then just noticed it here.

back on topic though...

Okay, you don't like my Kinect idea. I have more:

Actually I don't have more, that was my only one. I'm a failure.

Speaking of Kinect, did anybody see Bleep Bloop's Kinect vs. Wii vs. PS3 table tennis match? Essentially what you'll see here is a difference in gameplay.

Bleep Bloop: Wii vs. Kinect vs. Move - CollegeHumor video (http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1943467)

WobbleSock
11-22-2010, 12:23 AM
No, its a popular catchphrase. I think it probably originated from 4chan, and I highly suggest that if you value your sanity that you DO NOT visit that website.

RecreationalGamer
11-22-2010, 12:32 AM
No, its a popular catchphrase. I think it probably originated from 4chan, and I highly suggest that if you value your sanity that you DO NOT visit that website.

Well, since I do value my sanity, I will heed to your warning!

Ilyich Valken
11-22-2010, 10:45 AM
Calm down, this is only the internet. Don't get butthurt over what people say here.

All I need to know is that neither Kinect or Move have anything to offer which I find remotely interesting. Virtual Animals and Virtual Sports are not my type of thing. I am not interested in how realistic or how well implemented it is; the fact remains that neither Kinect or Move has anything that I am interested in. Perhaps if they released an MMA sort of game then maybe I would look into it...

I also didn't realize that there was a race going on between Kinect & FPS games. I also cant get a Kinect because I don't play on Xbox [Even though I do own it], but I did indeed try Kinect at a friends house and in my opinion it was nothing more but a upgraded version of the PS2's Eye-Toy.

Who ever said I was upset?

If you did more than just look at, as I said, the titles that they're boasting at launch, you'd know that they do have an MMA game.

Amazon.com: Fighters Uncaged: Video Games (http://www.amazon.com/Fighters-Uncaged-Xbox-360/dp/B0043B5SKE/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1290442999&sr=8-13)

I never said there was a race going on between the two, you simply said that it was trash and that you'd rage if they ever though of doing something with the two. That said, I stated the fact that Kinect has more potential to grow than the over-saturated FPS market does in the foreseeable future.

Aggressive? I didn't know that disagreeing with people was a sign of aggresivness. Just because I disagree with a lot of things people say doesn't mean I think they are a moron. Please, show me a thread where I have called someone a moron because we disagreed, because at the moment you are just slandering me without any evidence to back it up.

Several posts on the CoD Hackers thread though that may just have been me being annoyed by a different person, and a couple of posts on other threads where a game isn't mentioned but the first thing you type is "such and such game sucks, blah blah."

In fact, I should mention that you are showing the traits that you are accusing me of; How do you know that I know nothing about the Kinect? Just making assumptions about me not knowing anything about the subject simply because I disagree with you.

Hypocrite.

I never said I wasn't. I do it all the time, and I'm aware of that. However, that isn't almost ever single one of my posts.

For the not knowing anything about it, see above. All you've been arguing about is 'molesting digital sheep' and the sports/fitness games. Not to mention, they've got more games coming out soon, one of the most notable being Child of Eden, Sonic Free Riders, Star Wars Kinect, and this: Xbox Kinect hacks: from light sabers to 3D imaging - Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/video-games/8151406/Xbox-Kinect-hacks-from-light-sabers-to-3D-imaging.html)

RecreationalGamer
11-22-2010, 10:48 AM
Dude Ilyich....was it really a necessity to continue the argument with another reply?

Can we please stick to the topic of this thread? If you want to continue the argument, please do it outside of this thread. Thank you.

EpsilonX
11-22-2010, 11:27 AM

Some people want to do more than sit on their ass and shoot terrorists and aliens all day. And you're simply insulting the launch titles....launch titles usually suck. There's a few decent looking games coming out, i'm really interested in this one called Steel Battalion.

And second, there is no race. The point was that there is much more chance of Kinect furthering video gaming through innovation than the same old FPS games that come out all the time which you seem to love. It doesn't appeal to you, okay. The vibe i'm getting from your posts suggests you're "talking down" to people who think that kinect is cool

RecreationalGamer
11-22-2010, 11:34 AM
The vibe i'm getting from your posts suggests you're "talking down" to people who think that kinect is cool

Meh, I take back what I said I guess this is still on topic. kinect is awesome btw.

EpsilonX
11-22-2010, 11:50 AM
I'm kind of indifferent about Kinect. The games so far seem eh, and I don't know how much they can do without buttons, but it's a good push forward in innovation. If only they could combine Kinect with playstation move, or like a modern powerglove. a mix of kinect and move. Think about it.

a glove that has a light-up circle thing, like that light-up bulb on the move, but have it on the glove like the ironman suit, have one on each side so it can track your hand extremely precisely. Have some buttons on the wrist of the glove if needed. So like, you can play motion games, but you still have buttons if needed.

RecreationalGamer
11-22-2010, 11:55 AM
I dunno why I said Kinect was awesome, I think that my attempt to stay on topic. I've played it once, at a festival, it was a running game. In order to run faster you have to lift your legs higher....

So if you live in an apartment upstairs, don't get a Kinect.

If you have a hard-wood floor you shouldn't play in your socks, as you could slip during this game (Track and Field)

Always stretch before Kinecting, as games like this can cause muscle spasms and pulled muscles.

Modern powerglove would be awesome, brilliant for games like Fable 3.

EpsilonX
11-22-2010, 12:02 PM
I dunno why I said Kinect was awesome, I think that my attempt to stay on topic.

I think you just feel the need to reply to topics, but not really sure what to say.

Modern powerglove would be awesome, brilliant for games like Fable 3.

How would they do that though?

RecreationalGamer
11-22-2010, 01:00 PM
How would they do that though?

Well, a modern powerglove would be uncool, cause NES doesn't sell these days. I think technology would be capable these days of making a glove that wasn't full of buttons but rather full of sensors that read what your hand was doing, rather than where it was aiming.

For magic, make a fist, hold it, then release it for the magic to happen. But then you'd have to take it off in order to use weapons so...yeah I guess the modern powerglove would be somewhat ineffective.

Ilyich Valken
11-22-2010, 01:11 PM
It does track your hands. Do you mean tracking fingers? Lol

EpsilonX
11-22-2010, 01:21 PM
It does track your hands. Do you mean tracking fingers? Lol

well, the glove would act as a controller, but you don't actually have to hold anything. but it would also make it more accurate

Ilyich Valken
11-22-2010, 01:30 PM
It is really accurate already, though. >.>

EpsilonX
11-22-2010, 01:37 PM
Lol it is really accurate, but when I was playing playstation move, it was really really precise. it'd make it go from precise to really precise

Ilyich Valken
11-22-2010, 04:42 PM
Lol it is really accurate, but when I was playing playstation move, it was really really precise. it'd make it go from precise to really precise

That's just.. redundant, and more than likely, having the glove would just completely screw up the tracking. Most of the menu stuff for Kinect is done by using body positioning, and if you need a controller, just have one sitting next to you.

EpsilonX
11-22-2010, 04:48 PM
Well, the glove idea was more so you could like press actual buttons to do stuff in-game that you can't do with just body tracking without having an actual controller (since that was kind of the point of kinect). I figured might as well use the gloves to make the tracking more accurate while we're at it lol

Fummbles
01-10-2011, 10:35 PM
Okay now that I have played the Kinect system I think it has better applications than either the Move or the Wii. The Kinect system is the perfect platform that all of the 90's kids grew up dreaming about. Even though I only played the Dancing game i was reminded of a type of game play like that in the movie GAMER. Idk thats just my thought on it.

BlackPhazor
01-11-2011, 08:35 PM
Truly, the Kinect is a great tool that developers can use, but somehow I feel this is going to end up exactly like the Wii. :/