PDA

View Full Version : Doh! Aussie Busted for Pirated Simpsons Movie

Scott
08-20-2007, 12:13 AM
Link (http://www.showbizdata.com/news/44790/PIRATED-ISIMPSONS-MOVIEI-CAPTURED-ON-CELLPHONE)

t's hard to believe that it was acceptably watchable, but a video of The Simpsons Movie, captured on a cellphone by a 21-year-old in Australia, became the first pirate version of the movie to be uploaded to the Internet on July 26, Australian authorities said today (Friday). (Since Australia is a day ahead of the U.S., the copy appeared online even before the movie premiered in U.S. theaters.) Australian Federal Police raided the home of the suspected bootlegger in Sydney today, acting on a complaint by the Australian Federation Against Copyright Theft (AFACT). In a statement, AFACT executive director Adrianne Pecotic said, "Within 72 hours of making and uploading this unauthorized recording, AFACT had tracked it to other streaming sites and P2P (peer-to-peer) systems, where it had been illegally downloaded in excess of 110,000 times, and in all probability, copied and sold as a pirate DVD all over the world."

Why would you want to watch a movie that was taken on a mobile phone pointed at the movie screen? Hard to imagine an awful lot of revenue was lost on this one... "hey honey, never mind going to the movies tonight, I've got a 400MB download of it some dude took with his mobile while resting his elbow on the seat, should be just as good on our home setup as i would be watching it in the theatre!"

LiNuX
08-20-2007, 01:37 AM
lol haha, that would have to be some awesome phone, with a lot of space and high MP lol. i didnt even know that i watched it yesterday.

ouch for simpsons creators, 110k downloads :(

cwbolton
08-20-2007, 06:35 AM
awww man thats just n00bish lol

and it would have to be like the nokia n95 with a 2gb memory card (5mp camera) about 1200 USD my bro had it its a cool phone

lonewolfxix
08-20-2007, 08:24 AM
Wow.. 110k downloads isn't really that impressive and won't hit as hard as you think though.

I was having a drink in a bar in London and some guy walked upto us with it blatantly out in his hand trying to sell it. If it wasn't for the fact I was scared he was going to mug me or a police man saw me buying it I would of bought it if only so he has more money... lol

cwbolton
08-20-2007, 08:33 AM
haha lol

having a drink? in a pub? it sais your 16 naughty naughty lol

lonewolfxix
08-20-2007, 09:04 AM
Who said it was alcoholic? I'd be damn lucky if I could walk into a bar with my 14year old sister and her 14year old friend from the Netherlands and order a pint of Carling.

cwbolton
08-20-2007, 09:22 AM
haha lol maybe one day you might get lucky or the bar tender is drunk then you can order what ever you want

hollerfromelz
08-23-2007, 10:10 PM
rofl i heard about that..such an idiot and people who watch it are stupid as well.. come on guys.. dont support piracy..especially something THAT bad

cwbolton
08-24-2007, 07:05 AM
i know if i want a film that much ill get it imported from america

lonewolfxix
08-24-2007, 07:08 AM
Not everyone supports piracy, infact, most like piracy for the fact it's free :P Yeah I'd import movies too, but I can wait 1 week or 2 for a movie to be released in Europe :P

KittyCat72
11-11-2007, 08:30 AM
People would have to be crazy to even want to watch that... or just really desperate. I'd rather not see the movie at all than watch it under those conditions.