PDA

View Full Version : After Xbox Dashboard Update, Does Background Downloads Not Work For Anyone Else?

RecreationalGamer
11-22-2010, 02:24 PM
this is the first time i've noticed it not working, basically I started downloading 3 games and when I turned on CODMW2 to patiently wait for them to download whilst killing enemy foe opponents, the downloads stopped.

I remember being able to play all my games, online and what not, while the downloads kept going. I went back to the dashboard, made sure background downloads was on, and upon just starting COD, the downloads stopped.

Errmmm...

Anybody else having this issue?

EpsilonX
11-22-2010, 02:59 PM
nope, but it might be because i havent hooked my xbox up to an internet cord in months

RecreationalGamer
11-22-2010, 03:30 PM
nope, but it might be because i havent hooked my xbox up to an internet cord in months

LoL, considering the update was at the beginning of November (this year), yes...that may be the reason why. :)

Ilyich Valken
11-22-2010, 04:13 PM
They disable background downloads for games like CoD and Halo because many of their features semi-require internet.

RecreationalGamer
11-22-2010, 05:05 PM
They disable background downloads for games like CoD and Halo because many of their features semi-require internet.

Hmm. Good to know, thanks.

amile123
11-25-2010, 01:09 AM
good to know