PDA

View Full Version : The Simpsons Movie: Most people missed the real jokes.

Scott
08-21-2007, 07:54 AM
I was very surprised at how the audience reacted to The Simpsons Movie in the theater. They loved the movie, but the general audience laughed at times that were very simplistic (even older adults) and most seemed to miss the intelligent jabs at the church and the US government.

The funniest thing for people seemed to be the gay jokes, which were probably the most immature jokes in the movie. Most people didn't even understand "Welcome to Alaska, here's $1000 dollars". Although most of the slapstick was very intelligent (as far as slapstick goes), most people didn't seem to get the real jokes, and they just passed by, with only a couple people laughing.

Is this why some people were bored with the movie? Did they just want more slapstick, and instead were hit with intelligent humor that they're not ready for? I found the whole movie hilarious. I think people were just disappointed that there wasn't enough slapstick comedy.

What do you think?

LiNuX
08-21-2007, 10:46 AM
i laughed at all the jokes lol, how do u miss the alaska one? they pay you $1k to live there lol, a great movie, those people that didnt laugh are just newbies

Gamoc
08-21-2007, 05:04 PM
ahem, they are unintelligent, not newbies, because I hate that term (along with noob and all variations).

Yes, I was laughing on my own a lot in that film, it made me feel kinda stupid at times...but now...it's obviously not me or my girlfriend who is stupid.

[laughs at people who didn't notice the intelligent jokes]

Drake14
08-21-2007, 08:24 PM
i noticed the intelligent jokes (as far as i know) and i definitely noticed the Alaska joke. But most people don't really take time to notice the deep inside jokes of movies, they go to them for the humor, and for the family time, not to analyze everything about the movie.

LiNuX
08-21-2007, 10:56 PM
ahem, they are unintelligent, not newbies, because I hate that term (along with noob and all variations).

Yes, I was laughing on my own a lot in that film, it made me feel kinda stupid at times...but now...it's obviously not me or my girlfriend who is stupid.

[laughs at people who didn't notice the intelligent jokes]

that works too but i got used to calling the "unintelligent" newbs lol, habit i cant get rid of that easily

Scott
08-23-2007, 01:37 PM
Did you really get the Alaska joke?.

The only way you would even understand the intelligent jokes is if you had any idea of the news that didn't get the big headlines. The only way I would have known about the Alaska joke is if I didn't read that residents of Alaska could receive $1,000 in cash this summer under a new state plan aimed at sharing Alaska's oil wealth with its citizens. I think the problem with this movie is the high expectations and the fact that you had to dig a little deeper. I think they might have been trying too hard it hopes that everyone would get it.

I felt it was bit overhyped but I think it is still a great movie. To me it was just another great episode that was 87 minutes long.

hollerfromelz
08-23-2007, 10:06 PM
when i went to see it, the theater was full of lil kids.. who would def. not understand the jokes..but overall it was a great movie :D

Gamoc
08-24-2007, 05:45 AM
Yeah, it was a very good movie. And you don't need to analyse the movie to notice the more subtle comedy, you just need to...watch...

o.o

KittyCat72
08-25-2007, 02:22 PM
:confused1:I haven't seen the movie, but that might explain why some people have told me it wasn't as funny as they expected.

Metallica1983
10-09-2007, 05:22 PM
I like the Spider Pig song Spider pig spider pig does wut ever a spider pig does

Jasperking
10-09-2007, 05:27 PM
lol this an old topic but yeah spider pig is really funny and you can get it as a free ring tone now

Ghost
10-10-2007, 10:21 AM
Did you really get the Alaska joke?.

The only way you would even understand the intelligent jokes is if you had any idea of the news that didn't get the big headlines. The only way I would have known about the Alaska joke is if I didn't read that residents of Alaska could receive $1,000 in cash this summer under a new state plan aimed at sharing Alaska's oil wealth with its citizens. I think the problem with this movie is the high expectations and the fact that you had to dig a little deeper. I think they might have been trying too hard it hopes that everyone would get it.

I felt it was bit overhyped but I think it is still a great movie. To me it was just another great episode that was 87 minutes long.

its a good movie. but i dont watch the news so i never understood that untill now