PDA

View Full Version : Wii outselling PS3 in Japan five-to-one

ub3rj0hn
08-21-2007, 10:17 PM
Wii outselling PS3 in Japan five-to-one
The latest figures from the Land of the Rising Sun show Nintendo steaming ahead of Sony in console units shifted.
By Emma Boyes, GameSpot UK
Posted Jun 4, 2007 9:20 am PT

April's figures showed the Wii was outselling the PlayStation 3 4-to-1 in Japan, and last month the gap widened even further, with the cheaper Nintendo console now 5-to-1 ahead, reports Bloomberg.

Bloomberg, quoting figures from Famitsu publisher Enterbrain Inc, revealed that 251,794 Wiis had been sold in Japan in May, five times as many units as the PS3. Microsoft's Xbox 360 lagged even further behind, with 11,082 units changing hands last month. Exact figures were not given for PS3 sales, but they are likely to be in the region of 50,000.

The story was much the same in the battle of the handhelds, with the Nintendo DS having sold 620,670 to the PlayStation Portable's 123,673 during May.

Never really liked Sony anyway. :)

LiNuX
08-21-2007, 10:55 PM
as i've said before, this is on surprise that wii and the 360 will sell out more than the ps3, ps3 is still too pricy and still not attracting that many customers yet, but give it time, when everybody has the wii, they'll buy the PS3 as a second console lol

lonewolfxix
08-22-2007, 04:49 AM
I don't think PS3 will ever take off as well as it's pre-decessors, it's too expensive and even the Xbox 360 is now gaining ground in the Japanese market with the release of Blue Dragon and I expect Final Fantasy XIII should do well on it too as you get more content on the Xbox 360 version than you do on the Playstation 3. Only time will tell though, I could be wrong and eventually the Wii and 360 will fail (but that doesn't seem likely :P) The Japanese market is pretty racist if you think about it, the Playstation 3 beating the 360 despite the despite being better in almost every way and more competitively priced? they're choosing the playstation 3 because it's Japanese rather than the Xbox 360 which has better games.

cwbolton
08-22-2007, 07:29 AM
lol silly japs jk nah everything is beating the ps3 lol

lonewolfxix
08-22-2007, 10:54 AM
I'm beating the PS3 and I'm not even in the console market! I was tempted to spend half of my savings on getting an Xbox 360 Elite with Bioshock and Blue Dragon and Gears of War (?330+ ?40 for GoW) Hehe.. I'm getting access to my savings tomorrow, was meant to today but I forgot some forms and ID 8-)

Scott
08-23-2007, 02:03 PM
The only people that I know that are buying the PS3 are sony-lovers. The PS3 is just too overpriced and the games on it are on the 360 (and better on it) too

I'm beating the PS3 and I'm not even in the console market! I was tempted to spend half of my savings on getting an Xbox 360 Elite with Bioshock and Blue Dragon and Gears of War (?330+ ?40 for GoW) Hehe.. I'm getting access to my savings tomorrow, was meant to today but I forgot some forms and ID 8-)

You should go for it. Blue Dragon looks and good it's got 3 disks!

LiNuX
08-23-2007, 02:06 PM
The only people that I know that are buying the PS3 are sony-lovers. The PS3 is just too overpriced and the games on it are on the 360 (and better on it) too

You should go for it. Blue Dragon looks and good it's got 3 disks!

im a sony lover and im not buying it lol, i prefer sony products over most other but not this time, im going for nintendo and microsoft lol

Scott
08-23-2007, 02:14 PM
im a sony lover and im not buying it lol, i prefer sony products over most other but not this time, im going for nintendo and microsoft lol

I think MS Has the best accessories for the consoles. I have broken 3 PS2's and 7 controlers and only 1 Xbox 360 has died (And the warrentys been extended!).

KittyCat72
08-23-2007, 03:25 PM
Never really liked Sony anyway. :)

Yeah, I'm hot a huge fan of Sony either. 5 to 1, wow. I'm glad to hear that Wii is selling so well; it's great news.:D I just hope Linux isn't right. Eventually, people will slow down on buying Wiis. It's got to happen sometime... oh well.. it can't be prevented.:eek1::twitcy:

lonewolfxix
08-23-2007, 03:42 PM
It'll slow down when there's one in every room of the house :P Wii's are nearing the price point of "sorry, you only have one? you don't see the point in more? well.. everyone's always fighting in our house until we got more.. little johnny wanted to play his new slash em up.. little kirsty wanted to play her cooking game.. grandad wanted to fish... obviously we still play together quite often on Wii Sports among other things but we like to play on our own sometimes too."
A similiar thing happened in my house when Playstation's dropped in price below $200 (UK... thats about as low as i can recall it getting before the ps2 and ps1 came out) and we had one each.. dad would play wwtbam (who wants to be a millionaire) I would play final fantasy and my brother probably the same as me lol. I think the sale of Wii's will only increase as it's something that can be fun for anyone and how the technology can be used is only going to get better.